Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hiend001's System

Go down 
+5
garp
tmsorosk
Obb
Toledo
Sonic.beaver
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Hiend001

Hiend001

Hiend001's System - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Ya  Exclamation   Slow and steady cooking, in fact past few days I was playing with the aluminium foil placement and replacing bigger pieces of magic woods which supporting the cable on the platforms.
Placing mini CD magic wood platform on the right and poplar canopy on the left just in front of my tunable wall to enforce the pressure zone.
By using fingers to re-tension all screws barely tight on the music ply top board of the platform and also the sound shutters.

All these small adjustments here and there really make the difference in creating my ultimate floating soundstage.
I would say better than live concert with super detail, crystal clear sound, the open spacious ambience, the wide dynamic, the imaging of the instrument location and one of the most important key factor is that it really can goes very low register especially the double bass  What a Face

Highly recommended for those classical music lover, me as green horn classical listener became addicted to it  drunken

Hiend001's System - Page 9 Img_1810
Hiend001's System - Page 9 Img_1811
Hiend001's System - Page 9 Img_1812
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Incredible Pictures Exclamation

That is a private concert hall for sure Smile

Cool some serious listening going on there

Amazing how reactive those Platforms are Exclamation They completely transform listening Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 10:03 am

cheers Congratulations Hiend001 and welcome to the world of classical musick cheers

Between this and ethnic acoustic music you'll find a thousand new tone colours and flavours!
Back to top Go down
rrstesiak

PostSubject: I am impressed   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:06 am

Hiend001 & All:

It is very rare when something impresses me to the point of being shocked by it and truly opening my mind.

Hiend001, your system does just that! All I can manage with my jaw dropping to the floor is: Congratulations!

It must, as Michael put it, sound like your own private Concert Hall.

Most Respectfully,

Ron
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:18 am

Hi Guys thanks for your comments.

You should try this live album from Phil CollinsSerious Hits Live”. One of the best CD live recording ever try….. What a Face

Especially track #9 - In The Air Tonight. Slowly build up the atmosphere with occasionally approved applause from the excited audiences to a full scale electrifying drum beats and the whole stadium erupted with thunderous clapping, whistling and chanting for more….  affraid   Shocked

Spacious and good deep soundstage surrounding my head, clear vocal, solid drum beats, fantastic atmosphere induced me to clap along with them….  Razz    Great Stuff…  cheers

I have already put up the canopy to top tune of my Outlaw’s toroidal transformer. The harmonics last longer and sharpen the imaging of the surrounding instruments…...  Wink

Michael, What next to improve further in my room as you always have a pair of sharp eyes for picking up things which we green horn tunees could not alien  Question
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:23 am

Hi Hiend001

Your the man Exclamation

I'll tell you what helps a lot, the pics when you do something and when you describe the music. The sound as it goes around you and through you is very meaningful to me.

You green Question Laughing your a master Very Happy I'll have to take tuning lessons from you soon.

In a couple of months those Platforms should start breaking in, at that point we might play a little with the electric if you want so we can see how the current sounds.

How about a pic of the Amp Transformer Canopy

And a closeup of the Sherwood transformer.

thanks Cool
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:48 am

Wonderful system Hiend001 cheers cheers cheers

Hearing you describe your Tune achievements Sonic is drawn to buying a Magnavox DVD player through Michael and Harold and getting same transformer unit you are using. Now that might make a big difference to my system.

Your Magnavox is a 120VAC unit which means it is designed for 60hz mains frequency. Did you encounter any problems running it on 50hz mains voltage?

Sonic is waiting for the T3 cables and power box. Once I get the speaker and mains cables sorted with the power box, it is time to think further and maybe....the Magnavox.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi Sonic, No problem with main voltage at all afro

Hi Michael,
If I'm a master I'm going to charge you for releasing my posted tuning pictures on this Tuneland forum  Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol!

OK joke aside currently I'm still playing Phil Collins "Serious Hits Live" album  Shocked  WOW Exclamation I love the drum beats decay and spacious soundstage What a Face
Hiend001's System - Page 9 Phil_c10 

My soundstage is like Omni theatre and the sound goes around me. Some of the percussion instruments like triangle, tambourine, maracas, shaker were like floating in the air about 5 feet in front stage and above my head level affraid

Well Michael I still could not get the unique harmonics in this Platform System but my previous Rack System I could manage to tune it (of course the rack system lost out on low register frequency, drum beats decay and impact, expansion of width/height soundstage and floating percussion).

Michael, do you know what I mean "Unique Harmonics". The warm harmonics notes that last a bit longer with the tone waving in and out (Difficult to explain in words Embarassed )
When you heard it your head starts to get very emotionally like you experiencing your first kiss with your girlfriend that kind of feeling drunken

Here are the pictures .........
Underneath toroidal supported by AAB1X1SBSR = 1 and AAB1X1SBS = 2.
Hiend001's System - Page 9 Img_1813
Hiend001's System - Page 9 Img_1814
Hiend001's System - Page 9 Img_1815
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:52 pm

I know exactly what you mean. It literally raises goose pimples on my arm, just reading you talk about the harmonic waves and that special delayed (extented) tone. It's in the recordings but very rare to find a setup that will play them.

The one thing about Brazilian Pine is it has that golden tone. Unfortunately pieces that big would have never stayed stable with your weather so we made the right move. But I think we need to add a little of that character back into the chain somewhere. I don't think it will take much, but it will need to be put in the right place.

The music ply Platforms are very good at sharing the sound with other wood. What I could do is send you some cured BP of mine and see if you like it. If so then we could think about how to incorporate enough of it into the right place. At the extreme crazyness, we could even make a BP tuning board for just the small Platform and see if that's enough to do the trick. I think you could do the holes Ok with some plans.

I have a question for you. Are the Pine shelves you have big enough to fit on the small platform? If so, and if you are not afraid of messing things up, you could try one of those boards as your CDP Platform Tuning Board. You never know the Maggie may like the BP over the Music Ply. If successful you could have Harold whip you up a board. now that he has things setup, production doesn't take all that long. So I can either get you some of my wood, or you could try the shelves there.

For the heck of it, what's the size of that small Platform again. I don't know if I have the size or not here but I got some pretty good Brazilian Pine that I got when I picked out Sonic's wood, that I could ship to Nevin and Harold and have them cut it down to your size, if your experiment went good. Not saying that's the answer but I know that sound your talking about and we will find it without loosing that excellent pace to the bass notes.

very fun stuff indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 11:30 am

Hi Michael,

My CDP Music Ply Platform size is 28" x 18". I have 2 sizes of Brazilian Pine shelves: 28" x 23" and 23" x 16". Also got Red Cedar shelves 23" x 16". All are 3/4" thick. Should I use BP shelves 28" x 23" to try Question

Is it removes the Music Ply top tuning board and lay the BP shelves onto the frame Question
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi Hiend001

Yes, lets hear what we have with the board directly on the frame.

study
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 12:06 pm

Marvelous system set up Hiend001-san!

In your June 2 post -- the picture of your listening seat and the tuneable wall/SAM what is the box to the Left of your chair (viewers Right). I can see MW squares set up in diamonds under it. What is it?

Sonic
Back to top Go down
rrstesiak

PostSubject: DAC?   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 9:12 am

Hiend001:

Forgive me if you've already mentioned it, but are you using any kind if DAC in your setup?

All i can say is, I truly respect the level of passion and technical skill you have applied to your system.

Respectfully,

Ron
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 11:44 am

Hi Ron,
No DAC at all. Just purely DVD Player connect directly to Sherwood Integrated Amp Cool

Hi Sonic,
It is a mini CD Platform suppose to lay on top of the main CD Platform. Well the sound wise not to my taste therefore use it for other purpose Wink

Hi Michael,
Board changed. After two days of settling. The drum beat a bit less weight and less decay. The liquid high no longer there. In fact the soundstage shrink a bit and affected clarity pale

What next bounce

Hiend001's System - Page 9 Img_1816
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Do you have washers to put between the frame and board?

can I hear that?

If still not doing it, then we might need to go with small pieces to try with the Music Ply back on.

Man I'm sure glad that Music Ply worked there. Smile I really like that ply:!:

See what I don't know is, how much better my Brazilian Pine sounds over what Bill made. Probably a lot better but I don't want to make a board if we can find that sound somewhere else. Let's give the washers a try and if not lets go back to the Ply and look at other things. I don't want to stray too far from your sound.
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 11:58 am

Michael  cheers   Michael  cheers   Michael  cheers  Very Happy

This small little zinc washer is very potent tools  Twisted Evil
Five washers in front and five at the back. I leave the sides empty due to my old Brazilian Pine shelves has wrapped a little bit.

Airy ambience soundstage with full of halo  What a Face
The raining cymbal halo has his own personal space by itself with that special delayed harmonic waves tone keep going  affraid
The bass notes have more weight. In fact all other instruments having rich timbre surrounded with their own personal space by themselves in background moving in and out like they were waiting in line to perform  Shocked

Man this is another level of break thru for me  cyclops

Michael, have questions for you:
1) Can explain why BP shelves without and with zinc washers sound so much different like going from hell back to heaven Question
2) Will the BP wood of yours better sonic than my current BP shelves made by Bill Question  If your answer is definitely "Yes" then do it man  bounce
3) How Harold going to make the BP tuning board holes matching to my platform frames holes Question  Is the holes on the BP tuning board necessary Question
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 1:46 pm

cheers

Hi Hiend001

I'm very happy for you Exclamation Exclamation One thing that I have learned and continue to is, never under underestimate the power of the tune Exclamation There have been many times I have sat there and listened and looked at my system and said "talk to me". I know few things that demonstrate physics as the Tune does.

1) It all boils down to the vibratory code that is within all materials, but it's up to us to learn how to recognize and use them. This is why I recommend listeners get my products, and then when they have them describe the sound to me so I can get in their room with them, which you are excellent at doing. What you did by puting the washers in was energize the Brazilian Pine to take on the character of the LTR Frame with a little different rate of transfer and tone. You opened up the flow a little more going from ground to signal. Zinc is one of my favorite transfers. Very powerful but it can also (as can all metals) overwhelm a system. Vibratory energy is the most important part of great sound. Natures Equalizer.

2) In time yes. Your wood has been curing a long time so at first it may or may not do more than the ones I do myself, but I'm pretty darn good at voicing wood Wink Don't tell anyone.

3) You would need to make your own, or not use them at all if you are getting the transfer you want. My System #1 I'm not using them at all. However I live in the desert where the sound is a lot different than other places. Right now in the heat and dry, I can play about anything and it sounds pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi Michael,

Is a deal. I want a Brazilian Pine voice by you in size of 28" x 18". How about the thickness Question  Is going to be a Tunable Board or shelves Question
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Oh, ok let me go make sure I got one that size. It would be a Tuning Board that you could use for whatever you liked. Hang on be right back.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 10:01 pm

I got a nice BP 36" x 23" x .75" I could get ready and send to the guys to cut down for you.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:45 am

Thanks Michael Wink
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 3:54 am

Hi Harold,
Pretty fast delivery. Received the Toys in 3 days. All in good condition. Thanks Harold cheers

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the Toys. Found that your coating is thicker than usual this time round Cool
Can identify for me all the wood material type in the attached picture so that I could label it.
There are different sizes and types of woods, where should I use at.

Is it the rod to be inserted directly thru the top tune board hole without the aluminium insert Question

Hiend001's System - Page 9 Wood_k10
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 5:07 am

WOW, that was fast affraid

Yes, there are varying coats on the pieces. Some less some more. The ones with the thickest coating (looks like caked on) I'm going to want you to sand down after the wood acclimates. I'll do up a chart for you.

Yes, the Tuning Rods are meant to be used without threads. There are 4 pitches there.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 6:02 am

Hiend001's System - Page 9 M1229
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 12:32 pm

Hi Michael,

Wow Exclamation Instant increases to the high frequency harmonic waves after replaced with Light Birch Rod. The soundstage expanded. Those subtle notes become more prominent. Next step change the Brazilian Pine Tuning Board under my CDP Wink

Michael, the 3 types of Cubes intend to use at where Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiend001's System
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next