Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

facebook and George Merrill

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

facebook and George Merrill Empty
PostSubject: facebook and George Merrill   facebook and George Merrill Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Do you have a facebook? Please feel free to join me on my facebook.

Today I recieved a friend request from one of my favorite designers George Merrill and it absolutely made my day.

Wouldn't it be great if the designers had a place to hang out where they could be themselves and not have to deal with the politics or forum flames of the internet? I think it would be so much fun to hear how they listen and come up with their ideas and designs.

I'm pretty tough on the industry, probably because of how I have dug so deep and uncovered so much, but that said there are those who I really admire for their sound cause to me they have studied their art with their ears. George to me is one of those. When I listen to his products I can hear what he thinks of music and the sound he feels it should take on. He isn't just making products he's making a voiced opinion of how sound is through his mind and that to me separates an audio manufacturer from and audio designer.

This industry should, and always should have been, a designers playground and that playground should have always been a happy place where sharing is freed from the negative vibe of the "unhappy guy" or "ego neurosis" that made so many afraid to have fun. "am I doing it right" according to the guilt peddlers was a horrible way, and ruined this hobby.

I've been thinking so much about, what if this hobby was done right, lately and believe that it could be "right" if we could enjoy music for the sake of music and the advancement of the art over the stuckness that it has become.

George and others represent to me that freedom of expression that has made this hobby so much fun.

Again is high end audio changing? If we want it to it is.
Back to top Go down
https://tuneland.forumotion.com

facebook and George Merrill
Page 1 of 1