Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants

Go down 
+2
Sonic.beaver
Michael Green
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
hcooper99

hcooper99

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Landed in Vegas!

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M689

coop
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Coop here

Times have been busy Smile Not much of a chance to post, but that doesn't mean my mind is not on tuning. The opposite would be true I'm happy to say. Inbetween the shops and shows I am getting in some fun musical sight seeing.

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M813

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M856

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M857

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M858

hope everyone is having a great time

coop
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Michael will like this one. Jim Stewart's recorder from Satellite Records.

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M814

coop
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 3:05 am

Harold Here

Sending pictures to Michael from what he call's "the coop tour". The Robert Cray Band was excellent last night.

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M855

coop
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M891

coop
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Finishing out Chicago with Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons.

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M898
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi Guys Coop here,

Got back from AXPONA 2015 with well over 200 new friends asking about RoomTune, and many old friends who have used and continue to used our products. I'd like to thank the Needle Doctor for a successful show and fun room to be in.

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M915

coop
Back to top Go down
MGA

MGA

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M985
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 1:40 am

While spending time with the kids and Hadden I took in some record shopping.

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M986

coop
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:23 am

Congratulations Grampa Coop cheers cheers cheers

Did I ever ask you what your turntable, tonearm, cartridges + phono combination is?

On my TT spinning right now is Kris Kristofferson's The Silver Tongued Devil and I.

IMO probably his best album....

"The going up was worth the coming down" - The Pilgrim Chapter 33

Sonic

Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 11:47 am

Sonic,

Thanks!  It's great being a grandpa, especially for the first time.

My TT front end is a JR Transrotor Dark Star with Jelco arm and Shelter cartridge.

Phono sections currently on hand are the Esoteric E-03 (solid state), the Audolici AVP-01 (fantastic tube products from Portugal) and the Audio Note M3.

I prefer the Audolici or Audio Note.  I tend to like tubes and to me both of these units have a very musical sound with great detail and depth whereas the Esoteric is more typical of US high end audio - very detailed and analytical, but a bit sterile sounding.  

Got lots of new (used) vinyl to spin when I get back home - Jazz, Blues, Rock, and some Fusion.

Take care!

Coop
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 12:25 am

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1264
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:13 am

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1312

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1309

Last edited by hcooper99 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:36 am

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1310
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 10:04 am

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1311
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 12:01 am

Coop awaits Celine Dion at Caesars Palace as I write this.

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1386
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1388
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:52 am

Taking in Vegas in a big way. One of the best concerts I've ever seen! Fantastic sound and very high energy performance!

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1406

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1407
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1436

System with turntable and computer on table. Nice clean layout on the Audolici phono stage! Took all the top stuff off the I-50, Music Hall DAC on platform and Music Hall table. All MGA cords and interconnects except the obvious ones. MGA Exotic Blocks. Mini Mods on Brazilian/LTR stands.  Sounds pretty sweet after a few days of burn in! Great to hear analog again.
Coop

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1437

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 M1440
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 1:30 pm

Now that's what I call a portable stereo Shocked Nice rig Harold Exclamation
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Travel System Update   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 5:23 pm

Very Happy  Very Happy Thanks, Rotelguy!  It's a work in progress!  Snowbirding this winter so I shipped some items, built the rest with Michael in Vegas, and now we're in Albuquerque until the end of March.  I import the Audolici from Portugal, and it has become my favorite tube line overall.  Very clean layouts, great parts quality, and fairly easy to tune, except I haven't done much to these except remove all the excess "packaging" on the I-50 amp that makes it look pretty!  More tuning on all will come when I'm back in Wisconsin in April (hope the weather is decent by then!)  The Music Hall 7.3 turntable seems like a great value for the money, carbon fibre arm and great sounding for a "plug and play" unit.  That was a display unit I picked up from my friend Roy Hall of Music Hall at the end of CES.  
Hoping to add a small sub before next year.  
Still figuring out the digital computer front end - I'm currently running Channel D Pure Music on an Apple MacBook Pro.  All my stuff is Apple, and Pure Music was optimized to run concurrently with iTunes.  It sounds pretty awesome so far, indistinguishable from the original CD, plus their customer support is great!  It's a true memory based player so it downloads the complete song into computer memory (very brief delay between each song, just like on the CD) so there is NO drive access at all when the music is playing.  I'm ignorant on other digital music programs so maybe they all work that way!  
Must organize my libraries when I get home before I rip more CD's!  As you probably know, USB is a compromised interface for music as it carries power as well, but it's what we're stuck with.  Pure Music advised me to not use USB for my external music drive as well as the USB output to the DAC.  Possible processing conflict I suppose.  SO, the plan is to get an external Thunderbolt drive for music storage (I think that's an Apple proprietary interface) which transfers data at 5-10X USB so there will be no possible slowdown or conflict.  Stay "tuned" for more updates when I get back to this system which maybe a month or so after I get home.  (Or more if my projects go like they normally do!)  Take care! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 9:29 am

Hi Coop!

USB is nastily compromised for sure -- the power that is carried is awfully "dirty and grungy" according to some. Sonic is thinking of ways round this. For now the sound I am getting from my ASUS laptop (with Western Digital storage) to the AUNE 32/384 DAC is remarkably good but it could be lots better.

What you wrote warrants more investigation: [Coop] "It's a true memory based player so it downloads the complete song into computer memory (very brief delay between each song, just like on the CD) so there is NO drive access at all when the music is playing." and "As you probably know, USB is a compromised interface for music as it carries power as well....Pure Music advised me to not use USB for my external music drive as well as the USB output to the DAC. Possible processing conflict I suppose. SO, the plan is to get an external Thunderbolt drive for music storage (I think that's an Apple proprietary interface) which transfers data at 5-10X USB so there will be no possible slowdown or conflict."

With the inevitability of computer-based audio storage and playback not to mention how we buy music in the future, we might as well grasp the nettle.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi Sonic,

Yes indeed! I have just started on this journey and have much to learn - but looking forward to each step along the way!

Cheers!

Coop
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 8:24 am

Hi Coop

A good start that has been started by you indeed. Since you are using Apple, I guess you are using ALAC, the Apple version of the lossless codec?

Sonic
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Yes Apple Lossless!

Coop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants   Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harold Cooper of Sound Consultants
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next