Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)

Go down 
+2
Sonic.beaver
Michael Green
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rotelguy

rotelguy

ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi Guys

After our last visit I'm seeing our room and system in new light. The amount of energy there is to use in the environment is more than I use to think. We're getting the hang of tuning finally. There are many items we have removed from our space so we may start again being mindful of energy this time around. How do you say the word shocking without it being over stated? We're thinking of the word "interaction". Does the hobby understand interaction the way Tuneland does we don't think so.
Back to top Go down
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 5:05 pm

rotelguy wrote:
Hi Guys

After our last visit I'm seeing our room and system in new light. The amount of energy there is to use in the environment is more than I use to think. We're getting the hang of tuning finally. There are many items we have removed from our space so we may start again being mindful of energy this time around. How do you say the word shocking without it being over stated? We're thinking of the word "interaction". Does the hobby understand interaction the way Tuneland does we don't think so.

Room energy is a good way to put it or as I say room synergy. Some times it's the small things in a room that can make or break the experience.
There was a lot less things in my main room affecting the sonic character once the ex had left, and a lot less noise. lol

Wish we could see what your hearing. Have a look at my rubble and you'll understand why.

ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 M1281
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Hello my friend Smile

I doubt we will post pictures because of where we live and being victim of audio break in, twice.  Our area can be tricky at times. We love living here but have learned to not throw caution to the wind the hard way. Mr. Green knows our neighborhood well. We love it but it's not gated and is an easy target. If you live in this town it's best to not publish certain info and if possible live in gated areas. Your room looks warm and inviting Smile
Back to top Go down
tmsorosk

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Understood.
I've never given it much thought, maybe I should. Do you feel a picture would give away your location ?
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi Tim

It was bad luck is all but after the second time the better half said no way not again. We use to buy a lot of goods on-line loosely with our laptops. That's probably how it all started not sure. We keep it close to the vest now. Chances of it happening again is next to nothing even so we would hate to ever have to move.
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 2:55 am

Hi Mr. Green

With the new PZV installed all of my instruments lowered into a nice warm and punchy midbass. It's even more fun to follow bass lines. Strings sound rich and full of body. My wife said did you hear that and showed me that the stage was wider. We're going to listen to several recordings and get back to you but so far all has been leaning toward more musical.

Very Happy happy Exclamation
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Merry Christmas TuneLand santa santa

Lots of family over the last month with even more of jaw dropping. Our system has become the focus of the season. Been playing all Christmas recordings with a few of our favorites thrown in. Even the kids are taking their turn. cheers
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 2:36 am

After being in the tune now for awhile we've come to the decision that we would like to move up to Mr. Green's specialty speakers. I figure when will we get another chance to have a system built by the master himself. We're not getting rid of our current tunable system. Instead we're making room for another. It will be nice to have a welcome to everyone stereo and a more private area. Plus we agree that having different setups allows us to be in our own separate "zones". It's nice listening together but there's always that little push and shove when the music gets wild and you want to get in the right place at the right time. It's a big sweet spot but still there's those goose pimple moments that must be taken in by yourself. No we're not getting a divorce Razz . We have found that we're taking turns with one sitting in the chair and the other sitting on the floor in front. Plus this gives us a chance to listen to different music like what Michael does at his place.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi Jim

I know we talk, but want to share the goings on on TuneLand as much as we can so folks can understand some of these systems and their flexibility. So hope you don't mind if I hy-jack your thread from time to time.

Very Happy

Oh almost forgot. I have a Rotel RX 850A on it's way to me Cool
Back to top Go down
Jane Audio

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 11:30 am

Hi Jim and Michael

Thought I would stop by flower
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 6:47 am

Hi Jane

Good to see you Exclamation Jane Audio, I like that Smile Don't be a stranger.
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 8:19 am

Welcome to Tuneland Jane Exclamation

Come join in the chat and the experience of the Tune Very Happy

Sonic
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 1:46 pm

The MG specials are home and sounding killer Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Glad your enjoying them Exclamation
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi All, the new toys are starting to break in nicely. We've noticed that the power line breaks in differently than the other cables. I would recommend treating the burning in of MG's power cable as a separate adventure than the other cables. Either hook everything up and let it burn or if you like to listen to each step let the power line be its own tweak. My take away is that when switching to MGA Bare Essence power cable all of the parts are getting a fresher version of the electrical AC. I sense that every component is being recharged in a way that is more complete than before. Not that I understand this but something spectacular is happening here.

Is Mr. Green's power cable from circuit panel to components the biggest tweak of all? MG would say no I bet and inject "all things are part of a whole" but it's certainly one of the most sensitive and takes the high end audio hobby to a new level of clarity and understanding. It took about 6 weeks Evil or Very Mad but when the effect took place it was as though everything including the acoustics took on a different science. Everything now is sensitized and although you would think harder to play tuning has become easier. Recordings now want to play themselves instead of needing to be played. Making adjustments are now more intuitive. We joke and tell each other we have become the system in a weird type of SyFy way Laughing . Most of all we now understand why and how a complete MGA system start to finish out performs a mixed system. No matter how you use the goodness of a well done high end system there's always some type of fight that takes place that isn't there with a soup to nuts Michael Green Audio system. It's a fact that you will need to choose the right MGA products that suit you but once done there's nothing in the world like it.

Sorry for sounding like an ad my friends but I hope this helps some who are trying to make high end audio work and keep striking out. You may be able to come close now and then but there's something magical about having the whole as Michael would say.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 9:24 am

Hi Jim

Good to see your progress in the Tune. The Bare Essence cables are wonderful aren't they? Sonic finds the new ones with the copper conductors and slightly thinner insulation even better than the earlier stiffer version with the nickel-plated conductors.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi Sonic

Love is the word I love you . Every day we're discovering something new from our favorite recordings. Also playing music we weren't sure about before is making its way into the playlist. cheers
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 7:11 am

Good Morning fellow tunees. We're heading over to Michael's today. Any questions Question
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:06 am

You guys must have been sleeping Laughing

As we thought it would be visiting tuneland was another great memory. Thank you Michael for your kind hospitality. My biggest surprise was how mature both speakers sounded. We thought that the LOWs and Violas were going to sound brand new and they sounded more seasoned than expected. Maybe we chose all the right music but everything sounded entertaining. On our way home we have that discussion as always. This time was different because for the first time we could see that tuneland vegas is a different place when it is full of prototypes than it is when there are finished models in the place. We're both looking forward to our next visit when you have more of the sound consultant products in and when the tunable room is done we might have to setup a tent out back. hint Wink
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi Jim

It's always great having you guys here! I think this place has a way of making people feel at home. I have a few shipments coming in so I'll let you know when I have more setup.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 3:44 am

Hi Jim

Wanted to give you a quick heads up. Last night I picked up "Big Red" from FedEx, so after letting it sit for 7 or so hours I got him ready to go back in Room#3 with the LOW speakers.

The system has been playing for maybe an hour now. I'll give a report on my thread.

take care
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 5:56 am

Hi Jim

Here's a quicky update that I thought you might enjoy. I'll be starting my preamp journey soon and I picked up a Rotel amp to work with, along with some other toys.

Wink
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi Mr. Green

Thank you once again. I enjoyed this latest visit very much. Those thinking about visiting might want to ask MG about his equipment specials. It's surprising to see how many components are at TuneLand and the rate of which Michael reviews them. Here are some of the lines I saw both new and used. Rotel, Accuphase, Parasound, Audio Note, Audolici, Creek, Music Hall, Paisley, Adcom, Superphon, Sherwood, Pioneer, JVC, Yamaha, Sony, Tonian, JBL, Audience and a few other speaker lines I can't remember. The Tonian sounded wonderful until I listened to the Revolution signature affraid . Michael played Tonian's recording on both and the Rev IMO eats up the bigger Tonian.

Almost forgot. Michael is using a lot more Type 2 Bare Essence on his systems and some Type 3.
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 pm

I saw Michael's facebook post a few minutes ago and he is spot on. Hope you don't mind me quoting it.

"If you all of a sudden discovered inexpensive products sounded better than more expensive. And if your buddies were making the jump to these inexpensive components, how would you react? There's a movement going on in the hobby and there's no way to stop it. Every time another listener converts, the bigger this awakening gets. Many High End Audiophiles have their hands over their eyes, but they know the end is near. They know it's just a matter of time before the method of tuning takes over and the paradigm shift takes place. Fact is, it has already taken place and it's inevitability is here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)   ROTELGUY (new to tuneland) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROTELGUY (new to tuneland)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2