Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inexpensive and light DVD players

Go down 
+2
Michael Green
Drewster
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Drewster
Admin
Drewster

Inexpensive and light DVD players - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive and light DVD players   Inexpensive and light DVD players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:17 am

Hi guys,

I don't have any plans to try a Blu-ray player in the near future, as my system has no video. But I invite you, Chipdivot, to try my methods and test one out for 30 days. If you don't like it you can always return it. Blu-ray will definitely become relevant to me if they start to put hi-res music on it, but I don't think they will because in a way that medium is already obsolete as downloaded files are likely the way of the future and will be ubiquitous sooner than we think.

Also Chip, did you try the Samsung C-350? That's the most recent one and the only $40 Samsung I think is available in stores these days. It doesn't cost anything to try... Smile There is also the Magnavox that is still available at Walmart. I think we'd all be interested in hearing about what you hear with either or both of these. To me they sound quite different from each other right out of the box.

Also, Sonic, I echo Chipdivot's question about which blu-ray player was your friend listening to?

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive and light DVD players   Inexpensive and light DVD players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi Drewster and ChipDivot

He is using a mid-priced Philips player (and this might interest you, Drewster) that is available from the electronics goods chain stores for US$200 to $300. I've not heard any system with a blu-ray player but more than one of the group that hangs out saturdays at the audio shoppe Sonic frequents say that the mid-priced players from Sony, Philips, Samsung and Toshiba sound superior to their DVD counterparts.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive and light DVD players   Inexpensive and light DVD players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Let us not forget my fav!

https://tuneland.forumotion.com/t146-tuning-the-magnavox-dvd-player

Will be a sad day for sure when the maggie goes out of production. Never have I been so charged about a front end as I am with this ridiculously over looked masterpiece. I've had more fun with my maggies than my AR tables I now believe.
Back to top Go down
https://tuneland.forumotion.com
Drewster
Admin
Drewster

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive and light DVD players   Inexpensive and light DVD players - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 pm

It seems like they keep updating it with new model numbers, but not much, if anything, else.

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inexpensive and light DVD players   Inexpensive and light DVD players - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inexpensive and light DVD players
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2