Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things are finally coming along.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe Sanzone

Things are finally coming along. Empty
PostSubject: Things are finally coming along.   Things are finally coming along. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Hey Mike,

Sorry I have not started my thread like I promised. I got to say that it took a long time but I finally got my R.T. 's up. Except for a few health complications they went up rather easily. Thank God for my friends help though.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT AWARE OF THE ACOUSTICAL PROBLEMS I WANT TO CORRECT. The problem seams to be week bass in the sitting position. But standing. The bass is clear and strong. I am told the absence of bass is caused by a standing wave.

I must say it is fun watching your room tune up right before your eyes. I started with sub woofer corner # 1 because this is where the most sound energy is. Unfortunately the mini corner tune was not enough. I then put up the mini tune strip on the upper seam with the corner tune. This seemed to help; but its not where I want it to be. So I put up one of Rich's (Long Player Stereo) RT 1 corner tunes.(the full size) with the mini strip. Now I was starting to notice a difference. I then tried to put another mini strip upon the lower half but that just flattened the music. I then put up the other corner tunes. They were much less crucial because of the energy they receive is much less.

I tried the mini RT'S in other places but the just did not cut it.

The next thing I tried was to put the echo tunes up. I used the two Rt ones first. I watched the room tighten up a little more. The dialog on my movies became much less bright with this but very discernible.Once again the full size tunes were much better for my scenario. Unfortunately I need more. I need to tighten up the back of the room more. As well as the front wall.

I am currently using two mini strips to control laminar flow on the wall. This worked very well with the echo tune to control the echo. But am still considering the full size pillows for more laminar control. Maybe even the RT art.With this I will wait and see. But to make a long story short I am in definitely need of your exchange program. And a few more purchases as well. But I want to discuss the details off this web sight, Via E-MAIL.

I must say this is all very exciting. I am watching my room tunes work and I know that with the tuners ear they can make a room amazing. Thanks Mike for you input and help. I pretty much know what I want to do; but we need to talk privately.

Please e-mail me

JOEY
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Things are finally coming along.   Things are finally coming along. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi Joey

Very exciting times!!

It will be great to see the rooms progress. Yes, I will be happy to email you.
Back to top Go down
Joe Sanzone

PostSubject: Watching th tune. And standing wave elimination.   Things are finally coming along. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Yup mike sure is.

Rite now I am progressively watching And testing as I put up each R. Tune. Note the change. Positive ,negative or indifferent. Still.....regarding the changes I have noticed, The biggest change has been tonal. I have noticed is that the bass sounds a little more flat... As well as voicing. But it is clear.

Though it did not fix the bass problem in the sitting position, I did notice it start to even out a little.... but the problem is still there. Hopefully the ratio is not... the more acoustic control I use to combat the standing wave, the flatter the sound. I might have to find the tipping point at witch acoustic control becomes tonally negative and make a sacrifice or a choice. FLATTER SOUND OR PROPER LEVEL OF SUB WOOFER GAIN IN THE MAIN LISTENING POSITION. This Choice is kind of a bummer Because I am not only looking for tonal Nirvana. But deep chest concussion that is euphoric.

The equilibrium is tough.(between tone and gain)

Over correction Is definitely a bad thing. Yet under correction is useless.

What can you tell me of room modes ?

And if you can take a look at that SD card I sent you... the photos would be a big help.

Thanks for your support.(what we discussed via E-Mail)
Us tunees must play.

Joey Sanzone
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Things are finally coming along.   Things are finally coming along. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi Joey

Describing the sound is very important. It gives us who have been doing this for a while a chance to look inside your system.

Next time you have a chance I want you to take another step.

Do you have rubber feet under any of your components? Take them off, loosen the chassis screws and put the components up on small pieces of wood, coins, or nuts and tell me what you hear and how it chances the acoustical energy in the room.
Back to top Go down
Joe Sanzone

PostSubject: Re: Things are finally coming along.   Things are finally coming along. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Question I will have to take a look at it. But I don't under stand what this does.
My speakers the rubber feet are unremovable. The receiver I am kind of afraid to touch. Accept for the coins, loosening the screws on the CD player and receiver kind of makes me nervous.

I have a curious mind regarding mechanical correction.
I have seen some of your products, like the spikes.

How does all this work ?

Joey
Back to top Go down
Joe Sanzone

PostSubject: Re: Things are finally coming along.   Things are finally coming along. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Hey Mike,

Thanks for filling out the order so fast. I cant tell you how much a joy it is to listen to the differences that your RT Pillows can make. Though I am not done The first thing I noticed is the evenness that the RT's are starting to bring.The more I listen the more I notice the changes that they've made. Though my goal is to get consistency in the sub woofer, The discovery that you can change the the way each note sounds with proper positioning was a surprise. Do I want it flat or do I want it bright ? Do I like the forward sound stage blended and together or more discernible with sharper voicing. All can be done with a little play left or right. Up or down. The better I get at this The more I know what my capabilities are and what the rooms potential is. Right now I can look into the room and see what seems I can seal And anticipate a desired change. I am having a ball.
Tonally I discovered I do like it more flat. So I may be using some of your strips to seal up the upper seams between the echo tunes in the room.

Little did I know that the virticle strips mid wall are a great way to control echo and tone. They aid the echo tunes quite nicely. My original intention was just to control laminar flow so the people sitting along the wall don't get drowned out with bass. And so the pictures on that wall don't rattle as much. I got a lot more out of it than that. And I hope the full size Strips will be that much more exciting.

Before this it was just about the technical aspect. In short How is the standing wave in th 30 hz range tweeking the room modes in order to set each sound wave out of phase ?

NOW ITS ALL ABOUT THE TUNE.

JOEY
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Things are finally coming along.   Things are finally coming along. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:10 am

Another "Tunee" is born!

How exciting it is for me to watch listeners learn the power of the tune. I'm so happy to see you starting to shape the fundamentals.

nice
Back to top Go down
Joe Sanzone

PostSubject: Tuning Thoughts   Things are finally coming along. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Hey mike

I was thinking of a few ideas. My last post I was praising your RTs so much I really didn't talk about some of my future ambitions. Or new possible idea's. That what this forum is all about.

I would love to see what the room tune art would do and how it would change the dynamic with the room tune pillows. I all ready know the places I would put them.

Most likely I would shy away from them large size And would use the smaller size to aid in mid wall control. Though I often wonder how they would interact with the vertical strips that I am using mid wall to control laminar flow.( I am referring specifically to the left side wall) I even thought they would be great on the front center wall. But I have that 6ft shark I caught on the front wall. So their use would require some thought. In the all.... they are still out just out of my budget. By I would love to see what they can do. Maybe start small. That's down the road.

Heck if I could afford it... I would easily think about the tunable wall in the areas with the highest pressure zones. I would love to see these products get more attention.You have so much more to offer then the basic pillows.But the pillows have been time proven and tested for the last 20 years. You really started thinking about the custom tuner with this new stuff. But with your help I am glad to be able to tune up and not go bankrupt. Good advice. Good buying choices. I am really impressed with your newer designs.They must be spoken about.

My ambitions with the room tune pillows have allot of room for thought. The sub woofer corner For example. I would love to see what it would do regarding the evenness of the bass when I am sitting verses standing, if I sealed the whole vertical seam.In short... the lower half with the upper half totally sealed up. But tonally the may be a negative thing. I could try a mini tune strip on the lower half instead with the full size up top . Or I thought about using two vertical strips in the sub woofer corner... two foot from the corner vertical seem. It would be on the lower half of the wall.One on the front wall. One on the side wall.This would go along with the vertical strip sealing up the the vertical seem on the upper half of the wall, as it would be placed traditionally. Full size or mini strips are debatable. I would like to see how this would effect the room dynamic treating this way on just the lower half And Then switch it to see how this would effect the tune by treating the upper half . Try sealing up just the lower vertical seam by it self. Then the upper vertical by it self.

I would definitely like to see how more echo tunes will control the room. And how using strips between each echo tunes will work. Especially on the the front wall by all of your voicing. I am also wondering witch is better. Echo tunes or Tune strips to seal up the top horizontal seems. Which is better for this job ? Weather it be on the front wall or sides.

As you can see it is easy to get carried away.
But at least it keeps my mind off my health. Its positive, constructive, and fun.I really look forward to this. I love to listen to music. And you have brought me to a deeper appreciation of music. No matter how things are going this has kept me positive these last few weeks.

Thanks again

Joey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things are finally coming along.   Things are finally coming along. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things are finally coming along.
Page 1 of 1