Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Learning more about the recorded and audio codes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Learning more about the recorded and audio codes Empty
PostSubject: Learning more about the recorded and audio codes   Learning more about the recorded and audio codes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 1:49 am

Learning more about the recorded and audio codes M1847

I'm not going to lie, I've assumed way too much about high end audio and given way too much credit to the collective knowledge of those suppose to be leading the high end audio charge of listening. I'm not sure if the industry got lazy, or if ego meant empirical science could go MIA, or if I just wanted to believe these guys were more on the ball than they really are, but if I don't put my foot down I'm never going to live long enough to see the hobby of listening take the next logical step. Yep, I've been to the high end audio get togethers and have to admit I wondered how these folks could live with themselves pulling off the scams they do, in the name of a "high end" labeling. How can 2+2=4 to the rest of the world make sense, and something as basic as listening to music go so sour for these sad individuals. Is it that hard to say "I don't know, tell me". Thank God for Facebook, because it seems the high end audio reviewers are scared to death to continue telling the oldest, and most successful, audio chapter in the book, "Tuning". In my mind somewhere I keep wanting to blame this on the invasion of EE's, but an entire part of the listening industry not understanding "audio" is like something out of the Twilight Zone. Does it really come down to folks not knowing the audio signal is a moving signal, and therefore by it being something that moves it is variable? I can't imagine that's it and the reason so many stepped off the path. When audiophiles said "discrete" did they loose their thinking and toss out Equalization? I mean it was like waking up to a new world of instant sound "don't worry all you have to do is plug it in and play it and the recording will automatically be tuned in by the systems sensory driving servos". Did I miss it I laugh. Did hidden auto adjusters get installed that I wasn't told about, or some kind of super intelligent variable audio parts start being produced when I wasn't looking? I mean really industry, did you really think you could replace Equalization with nothing and it would work?

News flash, or knock on wood, or are you kidding us. Show me a raise of hands, does anyone out there not understand when someone says "all recordings sound different"? or, and this is more to the point. Does anyone out there not understand what a Recorded Code is? Ok, so after this is where I started to post on facebook, but one more you need to think about if you are serious about this playback hobby. Why did the entire audio industry use equalizers in either recording or playback? Why do we still in recording and not in high end audio playback? And to add to this, why after high end audio stopped using equalizers were the audiophiles who practiced "discrete" not able to play as wide of range of recordings?
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you friends for reading my FB timeline. I appreciate the posts, PM's and emails. As I post here, TuneLand the forum or other forums and interviews, I hope you know you can always ask questions. What I'm basically doing as an overall process is bringing the audio world up to speed, especially high end audio. You might think "isn't high end the most advanced form"? Actually this is not the case. It's true that high end audio is the most expensive and usually packaged in a way that is gorgeous to look at (from many acquired tastebuds), but back in the late 80's early 90's high end audio as a whole diverted from it's original course, which was to mate recordings to playback listening. What happened seems now to be an oversight that is impossible to have imagined could take place, but when the leap was taken, everything high end audiophile-ish became part of a narrowing and ultimately failing venture. It will take an even bigger movement to save high end, but one that is not as difficult as it might appear. Let me explain and then I will get around to expanding this on TuneLand. But first let me show you this.

Learning more about the recorded and audio codes Aufb208

See the above graphic, did you know hardly any high end audio "experts" know what this means? Over the last 30 plus years I have shown this graphic on over 20 audio forums and not one of them could explain this extremely basic showing of audio playback. I've explained this on VH1, MTV, Sight & Sound, for Rolling Stone and in many other countries, and yet this has hit a brick wall in high end audio for the most part, even though everyone else gets it. It boggles the mind that the high end of playback doesn't even know, or is unwilling to learn about Tuning. Or is it that tuning was known by another name and was never effectively addressed, because some idiot somewhere said "EQing was bad". One has to wonder how someone anyone could not understand what a Recorded Code is and how it differs from an Audio Code. Look at the drawing now.

Learning more about the recorded and audio codes Aufb209
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Learning more about the recorded and audio codes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning more about the recorded and audio codes   Learning more about the recorded and audio codes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 4:01 am

Learning more about the recorded and audio codes M1848

So do we have to go back to equalizing Question  Of course Exclamation but this doesn't mean it needs to be painful. Equalizing today comes in 3 forms. One the equalizers we're use to seeing as components, two computer programing, and three, purist Tuning. Here on TuneLand you will see mostly equalizing in the most natural sense by tuning the acoustical, mechanical and electrical utilizing tuning tools. This is by far the most life like in the end results, but you will need to go through a learning curve.
Back to top Go down

Learning more about the recorded and audio codes
Page 1 of 1