Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lattis system

Go down 
+4
Drewster
hcooper99
Sonic.beaver
MP
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sonic Voyager

Lattis system - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 am

Hello Mats

Sonic posted something about safety over on Scott's thread.  Do have a look at it in relation to your system with the open equipment and the closeness of live mains to the power switch of your amp.

Sonic

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 4:10 am

Sonic Voyager wrote:

Hello Mats

Sonic posted something about safety over on Scott's thread.  Do have a look at it in relation to your system with the open equipment and the closeness of live mains to the power switch of your amp.

Sonic

Hello Sonic

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello
I bought a Sony DVP-SR760H cd/dvd player a few days ago.
When I got it, I removed some rubber feet, removed the cover and loosened all the screws. Replaced the power cord with a thinner wire with less plastic.
I was surprised when I saw how it looked inside. Very few parts and the player itself is small and weighs very little.
Now I have played music with this cd-player since I got it. I'm shocked at how good this is. it's a killer cd player !!
I've had many cd players over the years, different models from from dCS, Forsell, Emm Labs and and less expensive cd-players. I can't remember any of these playing as well as this cheap Sony CD player that cost about 60 dollars. :-O
Soundstage is much bigger than I have had before, much more. Sounds like I'm sitting in an air bubble with lots of sound. The sound is getting better and better every day.
I recommend this player to everyone!
Do I want to listen to music from the turntable again ?? Absolutely not!! ;-)
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 6:47 am

Hi Mats

Looking forward to seeing a picture in your home setting!

Lattis system - Page 4 M2083
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 3:19 pm

Hello
I've got a problem, I only get sound from 1 speaker. I have tried with cd-player and the turntable, same problem. Then I think it's the amplifier there's something wrong with. I have checked several times that I have Connected the cables correct.
Any suggestions what it can be?
Last time I listened to music was 2 days ago. Then it worket fine.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi Mats

Did you check all the cable connections, even replacing the cable?

First thing is to make sure all the cable is working correctly.

Next put back in the Sherwood and see if everything works. My guess is if it's happening with both TT and CDP than it's not the IC between the CDP and preamp.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Do I have the most recent pictures of everything? And how the hookup is ran?

let me know
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 5:39 pm

Thank you!
I will try try everything to morrow Smile It's been a busy day today.
I dont have any good pictures.

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 12:51 pm

I have to send Creek amp to service.
I've tried everything I can without getting it fixed. Sherwood works fine.

Otherwise I have sold Edge NL 12.1. I didn't get the price I really wanted, but I didn't use it so getting it sold was good anyway.

Today I ordered a Bamboo carpet. Carpet I use today kills a good part of the sound.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi Mats

Glad you got it figured out, but sorry you'll be doing without. Good thing you have the good ole Sherwood there, love those Sherwoods!

Glad you were able to move the Edge also before it depreciated in value.

I'll look back through your thread but wondering if you ever put a block under the transformer of the Sherwood. When I did this it was like adding 2 notes to my bass line. Still though I'm so hooked on the Combo with the Rev sw15 it would be hard for me to go back to mains listening only, with the 4105. I love the Sherwood tons but never really challenged the bottom end of the amp with a load.

Bamboo carpet Cool

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 5:22 pm

Michael Green wrote:
Hi Mats

Glad you got it figured out, but sorry you'll be doing without. Good thing you have the good ole Sherwood there, love those Sherwoods!

Glad you were able to move the Edge also before it depreciated in value.

I'll look back through your thread but wondering if you ever put a block under the transformer of the Sherwood. When I did this it was like adding 2 notes to my bass line. Still though I'm so hooked on the Combo with the Rev sw15 it would be hard for me to go back to mains listening only, with the 4105. I love the Sherwood tons but never really challenged the bottom end of the amp with a load.

Bamboo carpet Cool  

Very Happy

Thanks. Yes luckily I have Sherwood I can use :-D
Sherwood is a very nice amp! Yes I use block under the transformer with a nice improvement Cool

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 8:21 am

Hello
I have 2 differente phono stages. I have Soundsmith MMP-4 that I use to day. And I have Lehmann Audio Black Cube.
I like both, but I'm not sure which one is best. Does anyone have any experience with these and what you think is best?

The disadvantage of the Black Cube is that the chassis is difficult to remove without damaging the chassis due to the power cable are hardwired. But the plastic box for the power supply is easy to remove.

The downside to Sounsmith. Impossible to remove the plastic box for the power supply and easy to remove the chassis.
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 7:35 am

MP wrote:
Hello
I have 2 differente phono stages. I have Soundsmith MMP-4 that I use to day. And I have Lehmann Audio Black Cube.
I like both, but I'm not sure which one is best. Does anyone have any experience with these and what you think is best?

The disadvantage of the Black Cube is that the chassis is difficult to remove without damaging the chassis due to the power cable are hardwired. But the plastic box for the power supply is easy to remove.

The downside to Sounsmith. Impossible to remove the plastic box for the power supply and easy to remove the chassis.

Hello
A little update on the Black Cube phono stage.
I have removed the plastic box from the power supply and removed the metal chassis and all the connectors and fat wires. Soldered everything back together.
It looks very good. How the sound is I will come back to that :-D
Back to top Go down
Sonic Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Mats

Both the Black Cube and the Soundsmith are competent products and you won’t go wrong with either. In Sonic’s town, the Lehmann is highly regarded, praised for its soundstage width and depth. I might suggest you listen to both playing the same records through both of them in your system/room (at similar playback levels) and pick the one that presents the music better to you. Be in a calm state of mind when your do the evaluation. Trust your ears and your instinct, and ignore what audiofans with systems and rooms different from yours have to say about these products.

Just for perspective, here is something Sonic found from a Japanese audio blog…worth thinking about philosophically for a moment and then get back to enjoying our music.

I quote:

Record is a delusion
The singer on TV is a video, not "real". If that's the case, the song coming from the TV is not a "real song". Thinking like that, the sound of the record is not “real sound”. The same records are made by the press machine. The groove in the record carved by the machine is converted into sound by the machine. I think it's a mistake to ask for "genuine nature" or "musicality" in a record.

Although story changes
The person who made "Kani (flavored) kamaboko" is quite a person. It has a crab-flavored “kamaboko”, although it does not contain any crab. You can just taste and taste it. Although it is not a real bag, it is a “real” product called “Kani Kamaboko”. There are people who say "Kanikama" is "fake" or "things that should not be eaten", but I think it is a poor person.

If someone sells a “sauce that tastes like a real candy” at a high price, I think that person is a fake.

I'm sorry for the story
The contents of the "crab can" is a real crab, but if you put out the "crab can" at a crab restaurant, it will be rejected. This is because "crab cans" are not the "genuine crab" that everyone thinks. The contents of “crab can” are not “fake” traps, but they are not real traps. Neither “Kanikamaboko” nor “Crab cans” are considered “genuine”.

If processed, a part of the real thing is lost, and the thing which was not in the real thing is added. And away from "real". However, it only has to be another “genuine”.

Even if there is a needle that converts the unevenness of the groove into a “comfortable sound”, there is no needle that makes it “real sound”. If it's not a "weird sound", I think I should just immerse myself in the delusional world.

I'm sorry again for the crab story.
The king crab seems to be a hermit crab, not a spider. There seems to be other hermit crab friends even with the name of crabs. Snow crab (Matsuba crab) seems to be a companion of the sea bream. It seems that the number of legs is different between the shark and the hermit crab. All the crabs I have eaten so far have tasted crab. I have never felt the difference between a bandit and a sword. Salmon, hermit crab and crab sticks taste the same. Discrimination is imprudent. There is no problem in selling crab crab saying it is delicious and saying it is delicious.

From
[url=http://www.ne.jp/asahi/moto/jogging/audiowood.html#naisyo ]http://www.ne.jp/asahi/moto/jogging/audiowood.html#naisyo [/url] via Google Translate

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 11:21 am

Hi Sonic
Thank you.
Be in a calm state is very important, that I've learned after reading a lot here at Tuneland. Wink and I only trust Tuneland people! Very Happy
I have listen to Soundsmith and Black Cube very mutch. I like Black Cube most. And after the last "tweak" I have done, Black Cube is awsom. Black Cube plays with a bigger soundstage width and depth and everything sounds more real, before and after the "tweak".

Sonic Voyager wrote:

Hi Mats

Both the Black Cube and the Soundsmith are competent products and you won’t go wrong with either.  In Sonic’s town, the Lehmann is highly regarded, praised for its soundstage width and depth. I might suggest you listen to both playing the same records through both of them in your system/room (at similar playback levels) and pick the one that presents the music better to you. Be in a calm state of mind when your do the evaluation. Trust your ears and your instinct, and ignore what audiofans with systems and rooms different from yours have to say about these products.  

Just for perspective, here is something Sonic found from a Japanese audio blog…worth thinking about philosophically for a moment and then get back to enjoying our music.

I quote:

Record is a delusion
The singer on TV is a video, not "real". If that's the case, the song coming from the TV is not a "real song". Thinking like that, the sound of the record is not “real sound”. The same records are made by the press machine. The groove in the record carved by the machine is converted into sound by the machine. I think it's a mistake to ask for "genuine nature" or "musicality" in a record.

Although story changes
The person who made "Kani (flavored) kamaboko" is quite a person. It has a crab-flavored “kamaboko”, although it does not contain any crab. You can just taste and taste it. Although it is not a real bag, it is a “real” product called “Kani Kamaboko”. There are people who say "Kanikama" is "fake" or "things that should not be eaten", but I think it is a poor person.

If someone sells a “sauce that tastes like a real candy” at a high price, I think that person is a fake.

I'm sorry for the story
The contents of the "crab can" is a real crab, but if you put out the "crab can" at a crab restaurant, it will be rejected. This is because "crab cans" are not the "genuine crab" that everyone thinks. The contents of “crab can” are not “fake” traps, but they are not real traps. Neither “Kanikamaboko” nor “Crab cans” are considered “genuine”.

If processed, a part of the real thing is lost, and the thing which was not in the real thing is added. And away from "real". However, it only has to be another “genuine”.

Even if there is a needle that converts the unevenness of the groove into a “comfortable sound”, there is no needle that makes it “real sound”. If it's not a "weird sound", I think I should just immerse myself in the delusional world.

I'm sorry again for the crab story.
The king crab seems to be a hermit crab, not a spider. There seems to be other hermit crab friends even with the name of crabs. Snow crab (Matsuba crab) seems to be a companion of the sea bream. It seems that the number of legs is different between the shark and the hermit crab. All the crabs I have eaten so far have tasted crab. I have never felt the difference between a bandit and a sword. Salmon, hermit crab and crab sticks taste the same. Discrimination is imprudent. There is no problem in selling crab crab saying it is delicious and saying it is delicious.

From
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/moto/jogging/audiowood.html#naisyo via Google Translate

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi
Yesterday I got a Magnavox MDV 434 cd-player. Very good player!! The downside with this player is that I can't open and close the cd-tray with the remote. Does anyone know if universal remote control will work?

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi Mats

Did you figure out the remote?
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 am

Michael Green wrote:
Hi Mats

Did you figure out the remote?

Hi Michael

I've searched the web about this, I don't find a universal remote that can work.
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 2:58 am

Lattis system - Page 4 Img_0015

Last edited by MP on Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 2:59 am

Lattis system - Page 4 Img_0014
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 am

Lattis system - Page 4 Img_0016
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 2:05 am

Hi Mats, your system is looking pretty cool these days.

This Maggie unit is different from the Maggies I use so it's hard to tell how much of the same sound it is doing. Of course you'll be getting other Maggies so you can give us the comparisons. It's very exciting for me to see Maggie Mania happening.

Cool Very Happy Cool
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi Mats

Here are the two Maggie models side by side.
Lattis system - Page 4 0d497a_66a6919a480246d8b3198f8fab2cb75e~mv2

Here's a quote from Mats...

"I have reconnected the Sony CD player. Maybe I haven't been patient enough. I thought the Magnavox player I bought a few days ago "did not release the speakers" And I did not get the rich and airy sound I get with Sony. It's bigger soundstage also. But I'm very excited about Magnavox Michael use."

This is what I have experienced as well. It's basically that one design that brings home the magic.
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 11:53 am

Hi
Today I use 16 amp dedicated line to my system, the cord is 2x2.5 mm2 with Furutech wall outlets. For the living room is a 10 amp line, the cord is 2x1.5 mm2. Which should I use? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi Mats

I use super simple (cheap) wall outlets. Use to use the audio grade outlets (even sold them years ago) but found them to have signal blockage, so I went to very simple designs and found I liked the openness more.

I like seeing you getting in some different amplifiers. This is going to teach you a lot.

Lattis system - Page 4 0d497a_089751e5a4ca4b3580f9adfa24eee440~mv2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lattis system
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next