Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sam's System

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amen Bosunsam

Sam's System Empty
PostSubject: Sam's System   Sam's System Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 9:27 am

Hello TuneLand

I have a custom MGA home theater system with some of Michael's R&D speakers. Many years ago I had the top of the line McIntosh tube system but as my career was on ships and away from home, bringing the system with me was not an option. I've recently retired and have been looking forward to jumping back into my system building. I'll be posting with Michael's help with pictures and editing until I learn using a forum. I'll get pictures to MG so you can see the setup.

Sam's System M1990

Sam
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Sam's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sam's System   Sam's System Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 8:46 am

Welcome to TuneLand Sam Exclamation
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

Sam's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sam's System   Sam's System Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 12:44 am

Hi Sam welcome to TuneLand

Nice comfortable system. Looks like you're using a set of MG's prototype 15's. I love the sound of those tweeters. Don't know how many Michael has made but they're one of the smoothest tweeters I have ever heard. Michael can you explain the speaker to us? Take care Sam, enjoy TuneLand!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sonic Voyager

Sam's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sam's System   Sam's System Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 8:42 am

Welcome Sam to Tuneland!

Nice system you have there.

Sonic wonders if you have tried raising the speakers off the floor?  This usually gives smoother bass and reduces the impression that the band is playing below eye level.

Michael -- what's the size of the woofer?  What inspired you to have a second set of midrange and tweeters mounted on the top, what is that designed to achieve?

I remember the Linn Isobariks had a similar upward facing set of drivers.

Sam's System S832

Sonic  

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Sam's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sam's System   Sam's System Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 8:16 am

Sam's MGA speakers, at my place while being designed.

Sam's System M1991

Sonic said

"Michael -- what's the size of the woofer?"

mg

15" woofer
8" midrange (front)
1" dome/horn tweeter (front)

6.5" midrange (top)
Horn tweeter (top)

Sonic

"What inspired you to have a second set of midrange and tweeters mounted on the top, what is that designed to achieve?"

mg

This is one of my versions of a floor standing ambient speaker. The depth is so to be close to the wall (if wanted) and the up firing is to give that extended ambient fill, mostly for listening to sporting events or extra presence in music or movies. The separate subwoofer is also 15".

I also should add, these are getting platforms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sam's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sam's System   Sam's System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sam's System
Page 1 of 1