Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CES 2019 "are you ready"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

CES 2019 "are you ready" Empty
PostSubject: CES 2019 "are you ready"   CES 2019 "are you ready" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2019 12:56 pm

https://www.ces.tech/

CES is the world's gathering place for all those who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years — the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace.

Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers.
Back to top Go down
https://tuneland.forumotion.com
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: CES 2019 "are you ready"   CES 2019 "are you ready" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 4:23 pm

CES 2019 "are you ready" M2060

From my facebook

"
This CES was a time of reflecting on HEA in general while perching blocks away from the main action. This year we didn't do the Get Tuned Girls & Coop making the rounds but the HEA floors needed them more then ever to get the only 20 some rooms cheered up! I was Rev-ed up of course as usual (till the flu hit). Why do CES attendees always insist on bringing me their colds? No matter, I enjoy getting the feedback and reports on the Show from my place anyway. This year the CES was not shy about using the word "innovation". Not so much in the old school HEA rooms, but everywhere else. I'll let you read the show reports on your own but encourage that you look beyond the few rooms HEA showed in and turn your attention to the main AV push taking place. The main take away I got was when HEA says earbuds and headphones have taken over in-room systems they could not have been further from the truth. The truth is Everyone Is Listening! The audiophile world has never been this big, ever. It may be looking a lot different component wise but folks are listening and watching music like never before.

I'm looking hard at the role we will play as a design group. A Tunable Design Group supplying the whole system and being able to make "any and every sound" instead of "one sound".

PostSubject: Re: CES 2019 "are you ready"   CES 2019 "are you ready" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 6:48 am

Good description Michael!

The proliferation of headphones and ear buds you observed at CES 2019 is a sign of an oncoming disruption that will hit the audio industry. And simply put, this disruptive wave will reshape the whole audio industry, particularly the hubris-laden HEA. This is because the growth of the audio hobby is no a matter of “get younger listeners to appreciate good sound”. Rather than being unable to hear the difference between Good and Bad sound, the issue is where music listening fits into the new 24/7 always on living, how it is heard in context of use of space in personal homes and as part of all the activities of daily life.

The future is “convergent lifestyles and personal interests”, with the means to simultaneously engage work, social networking, entertainment of all types, personal purchasing with no restriction of the when and where.

Tuneable headphones soon Michael?

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CES 2019 "are you ready"   CES 2019 "are you ready" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CES 2019 "are you ready"
Page 1 of 1