Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Michael's System

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:24 pm

me myself & I

Each of us has our own "perfect sound". For me it may be a little tougher cause I try to explore every sound and how to get there. Once I get my soundstage to a certain size and coherency things just seem to fall in place. Playing "Every picture tells a story" is a good example. The recording is now to the place where I can see into the body of every instrument and into the chest of every singer.

true playback

On the string instruments I can see the body depth, the skin of the body and the strings laying in front of the instrument. Pretty fascinating when you think that this is an off the shelf CD. More fascinating when you think this is the same recording I was playing days ago, with a good sound but nothing like this, Not Even Close.

explanation

How do you explain this to the guy who has only got a plug & play system or has only gone part way into the tune? After 30 some years I'm not sure I have an answer. I can say that the drum solo at the end of "I'm loosing you" is breath taking, full side to side, front to back inside and outside of the drums. I can say there is no longer any boundary to the stage limits as the stage dissolves into the rooms natural air pressure. I can say that the kick drum (even being at a medium volume) kicks the air through the whole apt (I'm even wondering if that thud is going into my neighbors' space). Speaking of thud, the kick drum is perfectly separate from the bass guitar line.

are others getting there

I think to myself, if another set of ears was in here would they have the exact same experience that I am having? I can't imagine how they could, but how close, and would this be to their personal liking, or would they head in a completely different direction. More I think, how many people would love to get to this place with this recording in their private listening and can't get close, still stuck battling the fundamentals. And the biggest question of all, how did I get here?

learning French

Once a person truly learns Tuning they come back to the same basics even though they may explore other chapters of the hobby. I feel myself wanting to push people who are getting close but just can't let go of their High End Audio hobby. The last 3 or 4 years I myself needed to go back into High End so that I could stay true to seeking the absolutes. What I found at the end of my pain staking adventures, is the desire to get rid of the rest of my High End so I can get totally back to the Tune. I sit here and listen and a big smile comes across my face as I have returned to the absolute of playback. I look at the Rev Combo and go WOW! So many years to get to this extremely musical and flexible place. It's mind blowing that I am not selling these speakers for way up into the high multi-thousands $$$$$ Exclamation Even funnier, it's amazing that someone would question their sound because of how little I do charge scratch . The High End Audio world is such a weird place Rolling Eyes . Some folks have made it easy and just gone Tuning period, leaving the debate behind. Others hang on to fixing their flawed system forever as if it were a mission, instead of putting the music truly first. It makes no sense to me at all (after these last 4 years) that someone would prefer to fix their system part (component) instead of taking a much more reasonable route. What a head trip (spin) that a group of reviewers and designers put on these component collectors or brand loyalist.

being polite Wink

Now I understand when someone absolutely does have a particular sound in their sole (or in their mind, in their sole) that ties them to a component over the method, but honestly that's maybe 1% of 1% of listeners. In most cases it's just simple High End Reviewer brainwashing that has screwed so many people up. Keep in mind High End Audio didn't get started by a designer or brand, but by a couple of writers. Those writers gave birth to other writers who made writing and reading the hobby. Don't get me wrong "I dig both of these guys" but both of them have said to me "I can't do that" or "how did you do that", as did every designer I've ever tuned with. Think about this for a minute. If the early high end designers would have known more about Mass & Transfer & Intermingling of fields, do you think High End Audio would have ended up looking so massive? Did the Martin Guitar gain 20 times it's natural weight to sound better?

technology

How is it that everything else in technology becomes smaller in order to become more efficient and High End Audio had to gain mass? In electronics the less mass you have to get the job done, the less electromagnetic interference you have. At the time High End Audio went big, mass produced audio went smaller. I bought into it too so don't feel dumb. I thought this MidFi crap was a joke, and no way could a Multispec CDP sound better than a Krell CDP. I was wrong. I thought no way could my Hitachi receiver put out more music than my Audio Research. I was wrong. Almost every time I made these types of comparisons (based on tuning) the tables flipped. How is it that High End Audio's little corner of the world is the opposite from not only other technologies and industries but audio components themselves?

High End Audio jibber jabber is not based on empirical testing, and audio meters have nothing to do with music. Question a frequency is not a note Exclamation

let me give you a technology heads-up

The audio signal itself has a very small core, but a huge signal field interaction area. As soon as you cover a component (or any electronic part) you are dictating a sonic signature to the audio code running through the audio chain. Do you know that 95% of High End Audio designers don't have any idea what I just said? Most audio wire and cable designers have no clue about this and work with it in every design and placement of their cables. High End Audio for all it's talk, is pretty stupid when it comes to signal preservation and passing.

here's an example

Light an incent in your home. Let it burn for five or so minutes. Get out 3 jars. Now capture the smoke right at the incent, capture some air 2 feet away from the incent, and some 5 feet away (you can go further away if you wish). Now go outside and sit down at your patio table. A few minutes later open up any of the 3 jars and smell it up close. Yep, with all three you can smell the incent. The field interchange of your audio signal is just as big and just as strong. Just like that incent smoke your electronics intermingle with their environment. Putting on a different recording is like changing out incents to a different scent.

This hobby has pushed components so hard that it has forgotten how the hobby works or in many cases never understood it to begin with. It has gotten engineer types so stuck on theory talk that it has shoved a whole bunch of cool looking components down the ears and eyes of the clients without any reasonable technology or empirical science.

so

Here I come along with this simple Rotel Receiver and start setting the signal free to intermingle, and it does, and it out expands the sound of the High End Audio component and High End Audiophiles ask why. They're sitting there looking at their component and reading their magazine (which BTW don't set their components free) and wonder why different recordings sound better than others. When High End Audio is suppose to be playing more of the recordings it is playing less and less. I keep repeating this same story yet keep getting asked the same questions. Someday High End Audio will be dead and gone, written down in the archived articles of an almost forgotten time. Has it missed it's opportunity to survive and turn into an active sport? I personally don't think so, but what I do think is there will be a certain number of hobbyist who will feel burnt by the lack of expertise the magazines put into this hobby. It's certain that the High End Audio part of this hobby missed more than one boat on this trip, and every time I see someone slip back into the High End Audiophile circle I cringe by reflex. At those times the one question that always enters my mind is, how can a listening session be in-tune if the tools are not tunable.

anyway, back to Rod Stewart's "every picture tells a story"

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:46 pm

Oh I haven't put up any pictures of the Rev Combo setup here, I just realized.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:15 am

Listening to 89.7 KCNV Classical Las Vegas. They're playing a great selection for St. Patty's day. Great stuff!

Love my FM listening on Rev Speakers. Should have a new set of Rev 60 Signatures soon. Something cool about them is I've changed the driver chamber.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:46 am

Wanted to put this picture back up as I am spending time playing with the Rev Combo and SAM and if you look closely a sample of my wood room voicers. The one seen on the SAM is a Low Tone. This one is easy for me to mount because I have a wood SAM. It will also be easy for my Drywall walls. I don't know how they will work with tape backing, but I have been working on other tools to work with tape.

This simple version of the Rev Combo with everything else you see here has been a real body charmer. What I mean is the music is coming into my body (even at low volumes) and making the experience very personal. For me this is a very relaxing and toe tapping experience. The soundstage is so warm.

This is kind of a cool little setup happening here. I feel like I can dig in and do some writing this year. The Rev's have made my life easy. I look at this little setup and think about how far it has come already. I also think about how much there is to do, but it's so darn comfortable I'm in no big rush. I think a lot of this too is the Brazilian Pine SAM. Moving things into this small place I didn't have a chance to do my usual room exam, yet when the SAM was being put up layer by layer I could hear the room react BigTime. Still sitting down to listen it took almost no time at all for the music to get nice. I think there was only a couple of fixes I had to do and I was off and running. One of those fixes was de-crowding the Platforms, but as soon as I went simple it's been very inviting.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:28 am

I have been enveloped in warmth!

You've seen pictures of my recent setup so you might have some idea what I am hearing. What you don't know is that I have rented another space here, and have been slowly transferring some of the objects in my 205 apt to my 102 apt. I can't move a lot because the space down there is being used for wood curing, but I am able to take advantage of the closet, bathroom and kitchen cabinet space. Each piece I move in my listening area is changing the over all sound, but I'm so fortunate to have the SAM wall. The SAM has provided me a comfort zone of warmth that has made the tuning in of the different recordings so easy.

I have to say that having the two spaces and the chance to go from listening to curing is a slice of heaven to me. Maybe I will even have space down there to setup a system back in the bedroom where I will be doing some hand sanding on the Brazilian pine planks (glueups).

Up in 205 though I've been falling into my listening chair and enjoying the heck out of this warmth and body of the recordings.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Well they're almost ready!

I have been working on some pretty cool mini tuning tools and they're almost ready to put into production. I'll try to get up pictures soon.

Oh you gotta love tuning toys!

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Sat May 05, 2018 7:38 am

Hi Guys & Gals, it's back.

After some short years of exploring many electronics my return to the Pioneer sx-3400 has been a joy. Crossing my fingers I received another SX-3400 a couple of days ago, hoping it was going to turn on and function correctly. Except for the main light, which I would have unplugged anyway, the power came up and all was good.

Every since I turned off my last 3400 I've been looking for the void it left behind. I'm guessing maybe some of this is the sound of old parts, meaning old both literally and design wise. I've always loved the space these units provide and the warmth they freely give. After hook up, because I was listening to some older recordings (maybe) on CD, there was an instant magic that took place in my stage that grabbed me. Part of this is obviously the Bare Essence "White" I have been enjoying, but I also heard this body, that I remember only taking place with the Pioneer vs all the other amps. What makes it different this time around is that I'm now using a complete Rev Combo, so I'm choosing the cut off point and much more. The combined tone of the Combo and Pioneer and the Maggie CDP is a dream for developing warmth. 2 days in and I'm feeling right at home as if I was transported back to the 60's groove, with the plus of everything being cleaned up without loosing any of the Vibe. It's way too early to be super critical, but I can say with all confidence that the sound that was missed is back and I'm looking forward to this listening chapter into my personal taste (if I have one). The Sherwood has it's thing as well the Audolici, and now that I have back in circulation the Pioneer there's a part of me that feels complete. Absolutely no doubt my latest speaker designing along with my toys have raised the bar.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Mon May 14, 2018 11:04 pm

The Rev's are really digging the Pioneer. I guess it's been a week now, maybe more. Soon I'll be doing my wire freeing so that should take yet another step. At that point don't be surprised if I need to get my Top Tuning going. The sound has settled into a nice tight bass thump, almost membrane-ish but not quite. Of course every recording is different but the last few recordings have settled into a nice groove all on their own with just a hair adjusting with the Sub.

here's what I'm listening to today

I ran sound for Larry for a view concerts I think back in 1976 or so. I also performed some of his songs when my band was doing it's thing.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Thu May 17, 2018 2:45 am

Guys

I just have to tell you how good it is to be back on TuneLand after 2 weeks on Audiogon.

Back to top Go down
rrstesiak

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Mon May 28, 2018 4:25 pm

Michael:

Couple of observations:

1. I first of all dig the very large wooden sound board behind the listening chair. I am absolutely certain that makes the room sound *AMAZING* and is a brilliant and bold design/idea.

2. I also notice you have moved the speakers very close to the listening position. Interestingly, I too found that the "closer than most people do it" speaker placement with little to zero toe-in was optimal for my system when it was tuned in as best as I could get it a few years ago as well.

I am looking forward to once again participating and learning here.

Hope all is well with you and yours -

Kind Regards,
Ron
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:53 am

Hi Ron

It's great to have you back!

Yep, the SAM wall has converted this space into a mini concert hall. I'm getting a lot of warmth and enjoying flipping through my classical collection. Violins, violas and cellos have been resonating through my chest now for days.

And guess what guys

The new 15" woofers have arrived. I'm so excited I could scream affraid

Back to top Go down
wondersound

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:05 pm

Michael I like your system Exclamation I'm moving away from a "mega" system and am going to want to talk to you. This last three years I have finally come to grips with myself that high end wasn't what it promised to be. Now I'm licking my wounds from the money I spent and will before long moving to a tunable setup. Do you have any cd players in stock? I want to get use to the sound of the Magnavox. thanks

I'll email soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:23 pm

I've been having a fun couple of weeks with folks stopping by, doing a bit of tuning on the Pioneer sx4300, breaking in a new woofer design and voicing voicing voicing wood.

The new 15". Oh and of course enjoying the Bare Essence "White" on the Rev6 Signature.

The Subwoofer is almost ready for feet but I don't like to rush things and I need to let the woofer parts start to gel with themselves. There are a few things I will be doing on the inside and then the custom Rails, Platform and feet combos will all need to be figured out. We'll see if this can knock the SW15 off of it's mountain. I'm only 2 days in so there's a lot of hours left to that first plateau.

Here's the Maggie setup, with my nicely cured MG  Rolling Eyes  made rails, platform and blocks. Hey don't laugh it sounds good Laughing (if I was a carpenter I'd dangerous right). I used wood from the Tuning Room I took down when I moved to make some of this.

See the 3.5 x 3.5 rails?

They were speakers stands used at the last TuneLand. I had fun picking through some of the parts a pieces of that place. You can also scroll back and see a bunch of the wood being used else where. And, I have more of it stored.

Here's a close up of the Maggie and Blocks. You can tell these blocks have been used a lot. There are 60 or so that I have that are my go to blocks for certain tuning. I'm constantly making blocks and all sorts of nice sounding treats.

check out that Bare Essence Type 4 "White".

This is a nice little tuning setup. Very simple, but also very intense when you back away a see all the tools I have to use.

Even with this being somewhat thrown together at this point what you are able to do is crazy.

This next picture is interesting to me cause it shows my getting started stage of tuning in the Pioneer sx4300 (which I just got out of the box not long ago), MGA crossover (yung) and the Magnavox. Notice a few things. One, like I already pointed out I'm using a selection of LTR Blocks (both stock and my own brew). Next look at how much wood I'm using. I haven't started inserting MTDs and other tools. It's basically been all wood, Tuning Bolts and Screws. There will be some Space Cones and a few other things but the desert cured wood is so full of tone it's wild what you can do.

Lately I've been on another forum while Jason and I have been listening and he has been describing the sound as I make changes. So after a bit folks start asking what mods I'm doing to the Pioneer to make it sound so great to Jason. I'm sure there waiting to hear me talk about replacing caps or doing some shielding or some other huge tweak, but all I've been doing is our regular variable tuning. I haven't even set all the wire inside free yet, some but not all. The SX 4300 is a gem to tune after you remove the feet and bottom sub chassis. Of course the top is out of there. So looking at the pictures you can see that I didn't go crazy. I did the basic removal of the field resistant metals and materials and placed the unit on a tuning mechanism. I left the faceplate, sides and back on, barely touched the thing. With all that energy going into the LTR and voiced Brazilian Pine I've got me a musical instrument.

it's the tools

Now I'm talking this way on this post because I know some of these folks are going to come over and take a look. A majority are not going to believe that you can do these huge changes, and that's ok because as you guys know every one who goes from HEA to a tunable system goes through that paradigm shift. An audio system being a musical instrument for a lot of hobbyist who have lived in the one fixed sound paradigm all their stereo listening life are froze in their tracks. Something as simple as telling them that there is a reason why every system in the world sounds different from every other, or that recordings have different recorded codes has never been done. So anyway that's partially why I'm doing this post this way.

I want to now shift the focus to one of the most important components of this system's sound and flexibility. Where would I be without my SAM  Exclamation

the SAM wall and PZC-FS

A major part of what makes this system do what it does is because of the S.A.M. (Selective Audionic Membrane). Since the first one I designed in the 1980's the SAM has been an important tool of the ultimate listener. Being able to control the pressure zones of the room is by far the biggest audio tweak, more than a tweak. The room is the biggest component and is what we hear. The SAM allows our ears and whole body to enter into a synergistic space within our acoustical environment. The SAM is like wearing a huge set of tunable ears. Even inside of one of my Tunable Rooms I enjoy using the SAM.

And finally we have it, one of my private mini tunable concert halls.

everything affects everything else

When you look at one of my systems the first thing you notice is the lack of HEA Bling. Audio is not a stereo component, it's energy (electrical, mechanical and acoustical). The hobby has had a wonderful visual presence since that first manly looking music reproducing device came along. However when it comes time to look at the vastness of the recorded soundstage that electronic component, no matter how sexy it looks, is just looks. HEA hobbyist who haven't made the jump yet to Tuning have a hard time looking at their stereo as an appliance, but that's exactly what it is. What makes great sound is not a beautiful metal chassis or a sculpted masterpiece of a speaker. The audio signal wants to be treated like signal moving from one end of the chain to the other. We're starting with a live space and we're ending up in a live space. HEA has gotten so fixated on those two or three components (source amp speaker) that it misplaced what audio needs to perform at it's best. To perform at it's best with one sound and one recording is one thing, but that's not really the hobby of being an audiophile. The hobby of being an audiophile has moved beyond HEA's one sound systems. Tuning is about the audio signal and how we can hear that audio signal to our liking and our liking consistently.

To the on lookers, feel free to ask anything within the world of this hobby and we the Tunees will share what we have learned and enjoy. We don't care if you have two cups and a string in between or the most elaborate Tunable room and system. It's all about that joy of music and those moments that stop us in our tracks. It's all about that language that all of us have inside of us that makes us who we are. It's all about music.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:54 am

For those not following me on facebook thought I would give a short list of what I have been listening to lately.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:17 am

Hi Guys

thought you might like to check this out

As you know all of my drivers are customized and if you look through threads you can see bits and pieces of the steps I take voicing them. Here's a step I'm not sure I have ever shown. If you look back a few pictures you will see the 15 "White" in it's first stage. This is with one coat (on cone) and the surround gasket still on. After a couple of weeks of curing and playing I listen to hear if it is ready for stage two. The curing can go anywhere from 2 weeks-3 months, depending on the sound I want. Once I hear that tone I know it's time for the next stage, which is removing the gasket and quickly getting the sealer on where the gasket once was. You can see the gray-ish film. I gently and slowly bake this till the sealer gets nice and firm. This step is important not only for the sound but also for securing the newly exposed surround flap. After that step I usually play the woofer for a few hours so the surround doesn't have it's flex get uneven. Speakers that have a gasket don't respond as evenly as those that have had it removed. I'm talking about the outer gasket obviously. BTW those of you who have any older designs of mine with an outer gasket don't remove it. If you don't know how to treat it you will screw things up. One thing about voicing drivers is, you can't go backward. If you ever over voice don't try to go back.

Oh let me also note that before I do anything the drivers play none stop till they are ready to begin voicing. How do you know when they are ready? This is something you have to do enough times till you get a feel for it. I should tell you too that some woofers like to be broken in facing you but most like to be broken in sitting on their backs, at least for a couple hundred hours. This allows that first breaking in period to be nice and even. I like the cone facing up rather than down during this time. Again once you do this a few times you start to get a feel for how things are going.

ok take a look

See the gray? It's brighter cause of the sealer. This will end up getting my treatment and be black again, but this happens after the cone voicing. In this picture I have two coats on the cone and I'm just starting the next curing period. I use 3 different treatment formulas on the driver. One for the cone, one for the outer plate (where the gasket was), and one for the basket and magnet.

Sometimes I use ribbed cones (treated paper) and I also use some poly cones. Now that I voice the basket I'm ok with certain poly cones again. The 15 "White" is a fiber based paper cone with the rough back side. What this means is there's a limited back pressure (some call it back wave) that is not as reflective inside of the cabinet. It's possible that I might treat the back of the cone but I like the way the cone absorbed the treatment so far (it really drinks in the treatment). That's what I like, cause that means the treatment is penetrating deep into the paper. It also means I can do light coats, and more of them.

What I'm after with this woofer is a warm sound with lots of body but also the ability to deliver that tight membrane sound.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:26 pm

Hi Members

Those who follow me on FaceBook are up to date on my listening choices day to day, or pretty close to. But I always fail to keep you up to date on my actual personal explorations which take me to places in my listening that open sometimes new doors but mostly allow me to follow through with older experiences. I'm great coming out of the gate with things I want to write about but find so many avenues and spin offs while writing or listening or talking to someone that I find myself waking up weeks later 10 or 20 topics removed from where I thought I was.

Lately I've been listening a lot to one of my old bosses and getting emotionally and technically enveloped into the days of my time with Robert Shaw, the master of chorus and orchestra combos.

I happened across this video of Robert from about 3 years after I had moved from my music home in Atlanta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNVSvI8c6ig
enjoy

This video and related videos give you a look into my world and maybe an explanation into my training and application of the tune and my understanding of music structures. If you listen to Robert's words you might hear some of my language about music and harmonies and the relations of being in-tune. Watching this made my heart melt as I recall that young MG soaking up Robert's teaching and essence like a sponge. If this would have been a couple of years earlier you could have turned the camera around to see me sitting in different positions in the audience or on stage listening and taking notes.

This video also (to me) gives a hint into my designing of audio products. If you have grabbed onto what I'm saying, picture me in the same setting with the BeeGees or David or any other of the artists or creative beings of recordings. I call myself a studio brat because I was someone who couldn't get enough of the actual sound, how it was made, and how it was flexible (variable). To me many engineers stopped with the "Fixed" sound (how many times have you heard me say that Rolling Eyes ) but I was not that way. There's a big difference between "Fixed" and "Emotion". And there's a big difference between "Still" and "Motion". Still is technical whereas motion is a continuum of "The Whole". It's two very different types of musical uses. Where one is concerned with a snap picture the other is into the flow without breaks. Sensory: relating to sensation or the physical senses; transmitted or perceived by the senses. The testing engineer, for example, has no feeling involved, where the artist engineer is inside of the emotion of the music and has our senses on high alert.

Another practical example is the movement from the practice hall to the performance hall. For me this is as natural as breathing and I apply this to the playback system with ease. HEA listeners don't have the training of proper plug & play, they haven't a clue to be honest. The entire HEA plug & play paradigm is and has been screwed up for a long time, and HEA's answer to this is keep screwing things up instead of having the recording be "in-tune" with the playback system.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:59 am

Try if you will to follow me on this. This is my view of HEA as compared to being a purist Audiophile (Tuning Audiophile). This is just a basic statement.

guitar, shipping box, guitar case...……….. shipping box, component case (chassis), component

High end audio (HEA) made some basic mistakes and needs to recover from them. This will no doubt be a painful process that has layers to it, the biggest one being how to go from this extremely over build chassis and cabinet thing to getting back to the original signal and simple signal path. I say will be but actually this is already in practice. Above I made the comparison to a musical instrument being taken out of it's case in order to be able to play. It would be silly to build extra layers on top of a guitar for example and expect to be able to produce all the natural harmonics. Acoustical instruments are naturally assumed to interact with nature's physics. An audio component passing signal is no different, but HEA has not advanced enough to apply this simple yet somewhat confusing to the HEA audiophile, method. It's no surprise that the lower priced innovative audio components out perform the HEA ones, it just takes a little doing and a teachable mindset.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Well the verdict is in for me, finally! After almost a year of burnin the Bare Essence "White" have won me over as the most musical sounding wire I have ever experienced. I don't want to say best wire, because that is a matter of taste. The "White" has broken in differently than the others and experiencing this has been a wonderful journey. One that I will never forget. The Revs and White combo has made me more appreciative of my classical collection, and that's saying a lot because I thought I knew my recordings intimately before, I didn't. I think "mature" is the word I want to use. I've had so many exciting breakthroughs over the years, learning how to be a designer, watching each step bring me closer to my passion and the last 14 years have been the very best as I was introduced to the desert, my natural kiln.

Hearing the warmth of instruments to a more natural level has been one attribute of the "Whites". Makes me appreciate using the Blocks even more then before, cause I have so much control over the body and clarity of each recording. I had this before but there's......more. Ever sit by a camp fire on a slightly chilly night and how perfect the heat is as it hits you in the front? It's like your whole body is part of the heating process. That's what the "Whites" have brought me, with my Revs. A certain contentment level of warmth that my body is a part of. Instruments that I have loved before have become saturated in richness. I look up to heaven and say "Jim can you hear this".

The first few months with the "whites" the pianos and guitars were incredibly full, real and warm and the soundstaging was perfect flowing 360. Now looking into a classical piece I can see into the section and the power of the horns are punchy and together, not over powering the strings but still cutting through them with the right amount of weight. Man it's good.

Jazz wise, Live at the Blue Note is really, Live at the Blue Note!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   

Back to top Go down

Michael's System
Page 41 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41