Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael's System

Go down 
+27
Sonic.beaver
hcooper99
ChrisS
JC Carter lll
allboutdasound
jarret jonson
rodneyJ
mostly classics
lefthanded
David Harper
Drewster
tjbhuler
Obb
rotelguy
Hiend001
sails
MGA
tmsorosk
Toledo
garp
tune trainee
Michael Green
Robert Harrison
kimA
jimmyblue
yikes
Bill333
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Michael's System - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:37 am

Got all kinds of busy happenings over the last 3 weeks.

listening to

Michael's System - Page 38 Aufb91

I've had so many questions about the new speaker lines that I need to go back and see what info I have posted and start putting them all in one place.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 4:29 am

Home sweet home Smile

In Room#3 (the home of Big Red) I've enjoyed my time while the A25-M was busy visiting the AXPONA 2017 show. The Sherwood does so many cool things and is so flexible that you really can't fault it, with two exceptions. One, it really shows itself off more when used with an MGA sub (or two). Using a sub with the 4105 brings to life a harmonic structure that is close without the sub, but with comes a sense of fullness that seems very natural and almost meant to be. That can and should be said for most amp/speaker combos.

Michael's System - Page 38 M1805
what I'm listening to right now

I've removed the Sherwood, prepared the Audolici A25-M by removing the cover and feet, plugged in a fresh Bare Essence Type#1 Power cord, and will be putting in a fresh pair of Picasso ICs later when the time is right.

I've decided to keep Bill Evans on for a while, at least till the stage finds it's footing which already has to a great degree. I'm looking forward to the next few days of settling. I'll tell you what though, as much as I have fine tuned the Sherwood and gotten to know it's ins and outs, and trust the sound, the A25-M has this textural layering that is unmistakable and for me captivating. So far in my listening it's the only amp that I feel does the tune without needing to be totally stripped.

I can appreciate high end audio once more, with a grain of salt, because I've come to the point that I realize very few people are going to get as crazy as me, when it comes to tuning, in my lifetime. I realize that if I would have stayed front and center from the late 90's on, the tuning revolution might have changed the tide. However I don't think the press was or even today is ready for such a major turnaround. With the new momentum we have had in this last year or so the awareness has grown, but tuning needs a big engine and dedicated tunees who are able to fuel that engine in public like I did in the early 90's. I'll talk more about that later, some day Smile . For now, Audolici has taken me to the place of hope that wasn't there for a long time. As you guys know there hasn't been a ton of high end audio products from the late 90's till maybe 2013 that I have been all that crazy about. I have poured my soul so heavily into fine tuning that high end audio componentry didn't stand a chance when it came down to what really makes sense with getting the purity I demanded and turned people onto. I've put everything on the line, several times scratch thinking "since so many are saying this makes perfect sense, and those who do learn how to tune find a whole new hobby that sets listening and listeners free, it's a no-brainer" Shocked Well, scratch guess what Mr. Green life is short, a lot shorter than it needs to be, and even though tuning is so simple to me and for me, high end audio is not going to spin on the dime they should just for me Smile

I could have hung my hat and said "I'll do the rest of my designing and only use stripped down parts and pieces", and when Coop told me about Audolici there was a big part of me that wasn't interested in the slightest, and I told him so "this is going to have to be something really special and I need you to know I'm not good at pulling punches". You guys have come to know that about me bom . This is my life's calling and adventure and even though I see many cave into their own forms of mediocrity or compromise in their jobs or have separated themselves, who they are vs what they do, there's something inside of me that pushes me to survive the small stuff (like living) and do what I do the best I can regardless if anyone else buys in or not. Tough talk I know, but it's who I really am. I'm very thankful for the people who have come to know me as that person, and accepted me, and allowed me to be a true student (and maybe master I guess Laughing ) of the tune.

I've had 3 A25-Ms. The first one, frankly wasn't my cup of tea. It was designed to be too far inside the lines from what I've heard. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad amp, I could just tell I was going to have to completely strip it down to the point where it was no longer a component. The second one (the black one you've seen in pictures) was a revelation, "this designer Valeriy Kuchkovskky can design" Exclamation I was able to do stuff with the black model that I haven't seen in the last 20 years, and that amazing layering was spot on. I could have lived with this model. It would have been a choice I could go to for a particular type of sound I wanted, "OK maybe I can step back into high end componentry a little". Then the next one came (you've seen me name it Big Red). I'll come back to why 3 different ones. I said I'm a tough guy on components, especially high end audio components, cause they are ridiculous. nuff said affraid

Michael's System - Page 38 M1806
AUDOLICI A25-M MG's reference tube amplifier

I don't remember getting on the phone so quick to someone after my first listening session as I did with Coop. "what's going on?". I interrogated Harold (poor Coop Laughing ) about what has happened. "this is not the same amp" Exclamation Harold must have felt like he was staring down the barrow of a gun. I told Coop, "I can live with the sound I got from the black model, but it's not where I truly need to go. It can be A reference but not 'The' reference, or at least not the reference I ultimately need with tubes. HOWEVER Shocked your never getting the red amplifier back" Exclamation I said "wait till you come hear this thing". Well, I left a lot out of this story, but Coop did make it out here and I had him sit in the room as I compared amps. Long story short (if that's possible with mg Laughing ) both the silver and black amps were shipped back to Valeriy to be upgraded to the, well I guess what can I say, the mg version of the A25-M.

I know folks who bought their A25-M at AXPONA got the mg version and we've been getting their feedback. They're pretty freaked out. Makes me very happy that these guys came to the show (some price no object) and walked out with the same amp and sound I love so much. I'm even more happy that Valeriy is the real deal in amplifier designing. When my other two A25-M's get here I will do a full sonic comparison to make sure there is that consistency, but once Valeriy told Harold what was the difference in the designs I feel confident that when someone orders the MG Version that's what they will get.

SO study

For those of you who have been asking "what do I really think?" this can serve as a reference for you to follow me. I'm thorough and don't take my referencing lightly. I also try to be fair, but don't pull my punches because I'm a part of the marketing family for any given product. It makes no sense for this guy who has been true to my craft since my first concert playing blue grass at 13 to all of a sudden sell out, no sense at all. I also don't expect that anyone else listens like any other person so I will have equipment here that do other specifics outside of my personal tastes in listening. I'll be a ton more honest than good or bad, I'll be specific. Keep in mind however that I need to be able to take my own personal references to any place I want to go with any recording, that's a must for me, and a must for my job. Let me use the MG Version of this amp (which has become the accepted model from the factory so I am told) as an example. In my referencing and designing I need products that can go from the audiophile super detailed and analytical to the extreme of openness and everywhere in between. If a product is not able to get me close to that, my designing will become inaccurate and in conflict with my goals. So moving forward I hope this helps folks understand where I'm coming from.

shifting gears a little while I'm thinking about it

Now's the time to have this talk with you because of the production runs being done. I want to be able to be as specific and direct as I can with all of you, as we together make your choices on my stuff. This in some ways is a different chapter of me for many of you who remember me from the early Chameleon or Rev days, and certainly for those of you who know me from the in-between years.

As things take place I'll try to keep you up to date, but for starters.

Feel free to start setting up visiting listening sessions with me here at TuneLand Vegas. I recommend booking yourself for a couple of days here in Vegas because I'm going to stick with my weird schedules and that means I don't setup times so specific that it catches me at a bad time, when my mind is somewhere else. I want to have TuneLand be something that stays true to my Vibe. But don't worry I live here and will be around when your around Basketball . Second, it's not our plan to do big production runs. Maybe someday when I'm long gone, but I want to enjoy this phase of my life as much as I can and share it with you and not get into that whole empire building thing. The US is not setup for medium size companies and I'm not going down that route again. My hope is that everything stays cool and gets cooler yet, and we can do reasonable runs where I can be a part of the QC, listening wise. I think within this year we should have a fair idea of how big we are going to be, and want to get. As you know we're just getting the speakers rolling and I believe that will determine the driving force of how big. Kinda nice to hear me talk this way after so many years isn't it Very Happy . Well I think it's pretty cool too.

thanks for your orders, you guys have been wonderful, and thanks to you guys who are just now getting on board

Also, for those guys who have been asking retail pricing and color choices, I'll try to get this up next week. Those of you who have contacted me behind the scenes lets go ahead and get your goodies cooking for you.

And now I got an Audolici and LOW system to go listen to.

Last edited by Michael Green on Fri May 12, 2017 5:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 9:59 am

System 3 update

Michael's System - Page 38 M1807

Just put in the Picasso Type 1 Interconnect, so now I'm running all Type 1 through the whole system, with the exception of the power cord for the Maggie. That will be another step during the burn in of the newer cables. I was a little surprised how much more clarity there was from the other audiophile cable (won't mention the name to save any embarrassment). I'm trying to think of any area of the other cable's sound that I like better. I thought maybe more full on the bottom end but much woolier, then a bass line played and nope, the Picasso had way better definition, depth and a note lower. Once this is all good and burned in I'll do the same thing only using all Type 2. In the end I'll do other cabling so I can find different flavors or parts of other cables that do things mine won't. Then of course I'll need to find how to get what they do out of mine, and so on the fun goes.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 12:48 am

Equipment Update

Hi Guys

Should be getting my Audio Note 'Paladin' in about a week.

Michael's System - Page 38 M1808

Been a while since I played with a 2 watt-er Smile

Last edited by Michael Green on Sun May 28, 2017 4:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bill333

Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 10:33 am

Hi Michael,

Wow, I'm surprised. This is a big departure from the Pioneer and Sherwood receivers that have been standards for so long. What speakers are you going to pair them with?

Are you reviewing these, or trying them out for your own use? Or is it that Harold is carrying Audio Note now?
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi Bill

First off let me say welcome to my thread and I'm excited about your posting more.

Now that Harold and I have been working together for a while, we have been looking into fine tuning the lines carried by Sound Consultant and what to place here at TuneLand Vegas. There are several types of listeners inquiring about the place here, so what I am doing is, behind the scenes, bringing in componentry and seeing how it tunes and or relates to the new line of speakers as well as a couple other models of speakers coming in.

I'm not reporting on the audio rejects (products that are so stuck in their sound that there's not much sense for me to work on or with), cause I don't want to put those products in a bad light for anyone else. Saying that, because I now have 6 listening areas, I'm able to focus on my extreme tuning as well as spread myself out to different levels of the sport. People can order any of the products Coop carries, but I'm cherry picking the products I want to use. Some stock, some partially tortured, some broken down to a state of what I would consider highly tunable and some extreme tuning. It's a little bit like what we did back when I looked at some of your components (Red Wine, Altmann so on), but with a lot more rooms and flexibility.

You might not be able to see this from the outside looking in, but Sound Consultant products are evolving into mg choices and some choices that, you the Tunees, have suggested. I'm trying to keep it subtle (how am I doing Smile ) but there's a lot of stuff flowing through these doors for evaluation. Plus a lot of designers are talking to us about having their products put in TuneLand, but for me they must be products that have a purpose. And, I don't want too many products here, so we've made arrangements so we can bring things in and out as kinda a borrow, test, and return type of thing.

Hopefully no one is too shocked by my choices Very Happy

playing now on the Viola
Michael's System - Page 38 Aufb96

Last edited by Michael Green on Sun May 28, 2017 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Bill said

"This is a big departure from the Pioneer and Sherwood receivers that have been standards for so long."

mg

The Sherwood 4105 is still on my reference hit list. The Pioneer however, that you sent me, didn't have the same stardom quality as the ones I had before. I would die to have 3 or 4 of them here to play with, but they would need to start out stock and I would go from there down to where I wanted to stop. Some of the products can actually get past the point of no return until you back up and find that little part & piece or setting that makes them do that thing they do so well. The 3400 'sound' is on my hit list still but the actual unit sent to me would have to be given some attention to make it part of the demo team.

Also on my listening hit list are the MA700 Marantz mono blocks.
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 2:38 pm

Bill333 wrote:
Hi Michael,

Wow, I'm surprised.  This is a big departure from the Pioneer and Sherwood receivers that have been standards for so long.  What speakers are you going to pair them with?  

Are you reviewing these, or trying them out for your own use?  Or is it that Harold is carrying Audio Note now?

Yes, Bill, I have been an Audio Note dealer for many years (as you saw at AXPONA with the speakers and the cables).  It always has been and remains one of my most inquired and best sold lines I have carried.  They make music their first priority, and are one of the only companies in the world that makes every component of the audio chain (with the exception of audio furniture, acoustics and other accessories), so you can indeed have a complete Audio Note system from front to back.  These amps are single-ended (not push-pull) and actually have 3W, not 2!  They will be coming with vintage RCA 2A3's.  In the near field with speakers of 90dB+, they should be wonderful! In no time at all we'll be making Audio Note magic in Vegas.

www.soundconsultant.com
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi guys

We are inching ever so closely to giving you the new speaker lineups and retail pricing and options.

here's a peak at the new entry level models, the Revolution line

Michael's System - Page 38 Aufb94
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi TuneLand

I wanted to post some pictures (I know I'm a terrible photographer  Laughing  ) before completing my platform station in area one, mainly so you can see a standalone Sonata Platform Rack.

Michael's System - Page 38 Sonata4

The main difference between this rack and the stock model is the thickness of the side transfer plates and that this one is screwed and not bolted where the platform meets the plates. You'll understand when the whole platform unit is put together for the display version.

When you walk in the front door your greeted with a wall full of components, and I want to have this more than just a typical stereo store looking display. I want everything at TuneLand Vegas to have a function when at all possible.

As you walk through the place hopefully we will have several levels of tuning on display (all the way to top tuning). The Tunable Room being the last room on the tour (coming slow but sure). The place will make more sense when you do visit as I will have stock product to look at and listen to, sitting on tunable surfaces and as you explore you will see how far you might want to go and how to choose products at each level.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 11:15 pm

Well the day rolls on, and as each piece of the puzzle presents itself, I'm finding myself stopping to make adjustments so the tonality of the platform contraption has a good general setting.

Michael's System - Page 38 M1809

As you can probably tell by now area 1 & 2 share the same space. It's been interesting to put system two on while working on system one's furniture and hearing how they are starting to play off of each other. I've also been switching out speakers on system two. I could spend a year just exploring these changes, but getting the space setup is priority.

I think Smile
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 11:34 pm

Stage 2 of the setup is now functional (tuning stand wise), and look who we have here Shocked

Michael's System - Page 38 M1810

Why is that the new 270-E Accuphase Integrated Amplifier with the optional phono stage Question  It certainly looks like it to me Razz
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 4:21 pm

This morning I started to put together the last section that I want to use. This allows me to use 7 components on this unit. 7 Platforms 'that's pretty cool'.

Michael's System - Page 38 M1811

Turning the music on, I felt it appropriate to play Mozart.

Just received my new Kodak and here is the first pic as well as a little wider view of area 1.

Michael's System - Page 38 M1812
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 9:05 am

Hi Michael

What turntable and cartridge is that?

Is it tuned in any way, what arm/cartridge alignment setting did you use?

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi Sonic

It's the stock Music Hall http://musichallaudio.com/new-music-hall-mmf-7-3/

Michael's System - Page 38 M1813
Back to top Go down
Bill333

Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:17 pm

"In no time at all we'll be making Audio Note magic in Vegas."

I've always been curious about Audio Note equipment, but have never owned any.  I'd love to come out to Vegas and hear it.  Being able to listen and compare well developed systems based on a variety of components is what will make Tuneland such a valuable experience. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi Bill

Things always go too slow for me, but it has been fun getting each piece in and dreaming where they might end up at TuneLand. I probably won't be sure (somewhat sure) of that till we have everything (MGA products) in Stock Mode. Still I think about it everyday "a place for Tunees to come to and play".

last night I popped on...

Michael's System - Page 38 M1814

...and first thought was "man does this need tuning Laughing " . I listened for about a minute, and then my tuning wheels started turning. A half hour later I was deep into that tweak mode, chasing down this and that. I got the recording to the place where I was able to do my first listen through. That's where the fun begins cause you know the recording and are making tuning decisions in your brain. Invariably the recording is showing stuff never heard before along with tons of stuff out of whack, which start pointing to all the variable answers to begin playing with. This is probably where a lot of guys jump ship, but for myself this is the essence of the hobby. It's at this place where we get to decide where we want to go, and in going forward, a place where perhaps no one has been before. It's not a matter of right or wrong, but a matter of personal enjoyment, and learning. Again, for myself, it's the difference between looking out the window vs opening up those french doors and exploring the field, forest or city.

There's something about turning into that Tunee and hearing that moment when the brain, music and system melds. it's the adventure that transforms us into a different type of audiophile. Everytime it happens to me I loose track of the rest of the hobby and become obsessed with this one recording. I know it's able to reveal, but will it, and can I make it happen, or let it happen? Over 26 thousand options and that's just looking at the frequencies. There is literally every possibility possible.

And now I need to go listen Cool
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 9:16 am

Hi Michael

What cartridge is that in your Music Hall turntable? It looks not like the Ortofon 2M Red.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi Sonic

It is the Ortofon 2M Bronze.

sunny

some listening
Michael's System - Page 38 Aufb98

Last edited by Michael Green on Sun May 28, 2017 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 3:27 am

Call me a student of simplicity, I guess. There has been a couple of people here this past week. A couple because my air conditioner broke, thank you Coop for getting me a portable one to hold me over. The way my place is built, it makes a perfect oven. I figured inside is probably 10 to 20 degrees, or so, hotter than outside, at least it feels that way walking in and out. So the 100degree days fried me. And earlier in the week, before I cooked my brain, there were a couple of neighbors who stopped by.

I like to study folk's reactions to the systems. When they first walk in through the front (side) door, they go Wow and talk about their 'someday' wish. Most of these guys have never seen a nearfield setup so watching their expressions change from wow to what is this, when they get past that first system, is fascinating. Of course the place is still setup half proto and half stock, so to me, I really don't want a lot of folks through, not yet. Still seeing the look on their faces, going from their homes to a place that has a stereo in every room, is interesting for me. Think about it even further. When was the last time you were in a stereo store that had 6 dedicated listening systems? I don't count systems that have 3 or 4 pair of speakers, where the host brings forward one of the pairs and hooks it up while the others are in the background. I think the real shocker though for visitors comes when I explain to them the art of variable tuning.

For the audiophile, I believe they are in for a real treat because it has been a while since folks get to visit with me having more than stripped down, all out bare bones, tunable setups. TuneLand Vegas covers the range from $40.00-$20,000.00 speakers (when the Audio Note and Tonian get here). I also have several MG specials hanging around for folks to try out, incase they want to walk out with a pair of my one-ups.

Everyday is a step closer to the reality of TuneLand, the way I want it to be, the way it should be, the way it deserves to be. study

My hope is that listeners and the music world, in general, don't see high end audio as only complicated. I hope that people can look at what I do as something that represents the simplicity of music making and playback. It's not a hobby of one size fits all playing, as sadly, the industry tries to make it look like. Every thing about music is a variable, nothing can change that, but as true as that is, every thing musical is also tunable.

another music friend moves on to his spirit being today
Michael's System - Page 38 Aufb99
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 3:09 am

Well had to get my AC replaced (air conditioner). A major heat up here, and at the same time boxes of equipment came rolling in. bom yes it was hot. I thought maybe around 120 degrees, one of the maintenance guys said even more. Whatever it was, made my head spin, and fast. So when we got me that portable AC and I mostly stayed in my room.

Turned my little area into a workshop and actually got a fair amount of stuff done. With the air coming back on I came out to this, like a bear out of hibernation.

Michael's System - Page 38 M1815
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 6:06 am

As I'm laying out these systems, listening to them and then writing about them, I should also show you how I'm listening in my writing room (#5).

shooting pictures while sitting in the writing chair for perspective
Michael's System - Page 38 M1816

You can see the tip top of my 40" monitor which sits directly in front of me while I sit in my comfy writing chair. The speakers are on the 8' high end and slopes up to where I am, reaching 11' in height. The horn effect, as with all my rooms (except the tunable room), is a welcomed bonus to listening in this house. I've setup all the systems to either be sending or receiving the horn and no setups that are lopsided left to right or the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi Guys

here's the latest (don't forget to follow me on facebook)

While working on yet another Platform Rack for listening area 2, I've noticed that I will either need to make up some power cords or make up a power strip. I'll probably do both in the long run but for now I'll do up the strip.

In the meantime here's some facebook pics.

first my Saturday night listening when I dialed in Alan Parsons
Michael's System - Page 38 Aufb103

and then tuning up Keri (Sunday)
Michael's System - Page 38 Aufb104

The Block setting for Keri was quite a bit different than 'Tales of Mystery'. Where Tales of Mystery had a much tighter gathering of the Blocks, 'Fearless' kept wanting to be closer to the edges and a couple Blocks turned either in opposite directions, or flipped the orientations of the grain.

The stock A25-M and Maggie while listening to 'Fearless'.
Michael's System - Page 38 Aufb105
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 8:30 am

Area 2 now has it's 3 tier Platform in place.

Michael's System - Page 38 M1818
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 1:02 am

As soon as the Platforms settle a little more I will start adding more components.

Michael's System - Page 38 M1819

I enter this stage with caution because I really like to keep the systems very simple, but having so many components to show, the front 2 areas are going to have to play a dual role. As you can see I'm not going back to Racks to get the job done. The Platforms in Area 2 are all 24"x36" (including speakers). The Height of System Area 1 & 2 is 36". That's pretty tall compared to my on the floor single Platforms at around 7" tall (including Tuning Rails). The advantage of the Tiered Platform approach vs a Tuning Rack is obvious, stability predictability and tonality. There's a whole lot more tunability on a Platform tier than the Tuning Racks. And somehow, I have a feeling Wink  people are not going to be screaming "it went back out of tune" as much.

I also want to point you to the SAM wall, which you can see above and with these 2 pics.

Michael's System - Page 38 M1820

This room was pretty cool because of the build and shape, but putting in 2 systems has it's challenges. The system's spaces and everything in this room play off of each other as you can expect. Every time I move anything, whether it be in the room or kitchen or hall or even other rooms, I try to get back to my seat to explore the changes. Those changes are not subtle. The space can go from nightmare to bliss and back fairly quick, as with any room, but I'm studying each of these variables very close because sure enough I will need to know. The SAM wall I installed plays a major role, and probably saves the day many times a change is made. I can not stress enough the importance of a SAM wall.

Now, notice in some of the pics you will see a leather ottoman beside the listening chair in area 2. I used this as a pressure box of sorts, and would move it slightly to make especially bass adjustments. After installing the tier the ottoman needed to be removed from the room because the pressure had shifted. I also now will have to replay with the thud rug to see if it will be staying or going. I want this front area to look as homey as possible so making these compromises (or should I say adjustments) will need to be explored, and I will need to creatively find answers to the audio issues.

It's very important to me to make and show another side to the tune that I haven't always done, or at least haven't always shown that I've done. This particular TuneLand is about the blending of listening and lifestyle and high end audio as best I can make this happen. The only place things will be stripped to the bare bones will be the Tunable Room. The rest of the house will be a mix of compromise and creative solutions. For example, at least for now I'm not covering the carpet in rooms 3,4 and 5. Good news is I've had the carpet replaced to a common yet not over padding and pile type, much like I did at the Vegas Towers setups. There are other obstacles, as with all my different places, that I will hurdle and design specifics for so it that gives more insight to someone that might have similar conditions, like I have always done. This is why I have enjoyed moving around to different types of homes. If I had a family they would have divorced me for sure long ago, but exploring the variables is what I was built to do. Part of my eccentricities I suppose. A look at some of those I've toured with explains a lot of it better than I ever could scratch even though I make my attempts from time to time Rolling Eyes

I guess I just love tuning flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael's System   Michael's System - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael's System
Page 38 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next