Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guitar chat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Guitar chat Empty
PostSubject: Guitar chat   Guitar chat Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 3:33 am

A little guitar chat between Coop and TJ

coop

Guys I just saw James Taylor sitting in with a guy on the voice tonight and he was playing an Olson guitar!  Same guy that I had custom make my acoustic guitar back in Minneapolis many years ago I paid less than $1000 for it and they now sell for 15 to 20,000 that is. Fantastic Guitar and I never knew he would become big-time but when he started making guitars for a guy named Leo Kottke I guess that did it.

TJ

Oh wow James Taylor ! That's nice

coop

Yes James was a very influential guy and an awesome finger picker I was never much of a finger picker except for things that ended up being rock ‘n’ roll like stairway to heaven I was more into flat picking and doing things like Neil Young and so on but the Olson is an awesome guitar and it’s great to see the big stars actually playing one
Are you familiar with Leo Kottke?

TJ

Oh yes I love his acoustic guitar works. Amazing finger plucking. I have 1 album of his

coop

He was a Minneapolis boy and I have seen him several times in Minneapolis he is very dry wit it is pretty awesome in person just him on the stage with the guitar and he sounds like an orchestra

TJ

Neil Young I have his live acoustic version album. Very nice I love to listen to acoustics.

coop

Neil is probably one of Canada’s best exports always loved his music and loves to play it he claimed that once he stop smoking weed he couldn’t write songs anymore

TJ

Sadly they are all over your side of the region if ever they had concerts over at my side I would most definitely go for it

coop

I’m sure you have some good local musicians it seems like every country does. When I was in Belgium I went to an open air concert they were all European bands and they all played original stuff and it was very good

TJ

They have here too but I have been hooked with those guys as mentioned before since I was young and their genre is most suited to me.
Yup even in Germany there's a guitarist Gregor Hilden he plays all kind of genre from blues to Jimmy Hendrix. Love his guitar works
There are soo many amazing guitarist everywhere

coop

Well that’s true if it hadn’t been for the British invasion who knows where we would be today. Of course there’s always Hendrix who is probably the most influential guitarist I’ve ever known his mark has been transferred to just about every other phenomenal guitarist out there like Stevie Ray Vaughan insured
All the modern Texas blues guitarist owe a lot to Hendrix
Yes our brains of melded we were both thinking about Hendrix at the same time
I remember going by the bag of nails a pub on the streets of London that is where Jimi Hendrix got his start in Europe

TJ

Hendrix is a legend!!! Love his ways with his guitars. Just amazes me how he plays while being stone. And thats when he is at his best!

coop

Hendrix is impossible to figure out even if you’re a good guitar player if you try to look at what he’s doing with his hands and figure it out because he played right handed Stratocaster upside down and left handed!
I knew a guy in Minneapolis he played in the blues band who also played a right handed guitar upside down pretty freaky

TJ

Yes excatly he plays left handed amazing all this while being high. It just puts him in the zone I guess

coop

He obviously practiced a lot in that zone or he wouldn’t be able to do that. There was a young kid here in Albuquerque back when I was here before he was like 17 years old and he could do all the Hendrick stuff like playing with his teeth and everything

TJ

You do have few good guitarist like Yungwei Malmstein, Hendrix, Don Williams, SRV and actually lots more. I can't think off right now. But  when I was growing up these guys kept me up late at night just listening to music

coop

My favorite  awesome guitarist right now in fact I think he’s the greatest living guitarist at this point is Joe Bonamassa
Michaels a big Joe fan too

TJ

Oh yes how can I forget him!!! Lol Yup that's

coop

I follow Joe on Instagram it’s pretty cool because he’s always showing his guitar collection his videos with his playing and guitar playing tips and just seems like a real regular guy

TJ

Thats cool and nice of him to share out his skills. These guys are really special they can whip up and tunes with just a single note and procure the most amazing jamming sessions. I have watched few of Jimmy, Joe and Livingston Taylor infact wow just amazing. Guys like BB King although he was a blues man but could also do amazing jamming sessions even when he was late in his life

coop

I saw BB in Minneapolis when he was to the point where he had to sit on a chair but he could still crank it out he was never all that fast but he had a tone few people could copy and a stinging vibrato
One of my favorite guitarist of all time is Clarence Gatemouth brown also saw him for free in downtown Albuquerque when he was approaching 99! He had to sit on the chair but he was still amazing very versatile guitar player singer songwriter and fiddle player he his guitar phrasing is still some of my favorite
TJ please also check out the David Bromberg band they are incredible musicians unique songwriters and David is just a master of guitar mandolin and fiddle!
Back to top Go down
https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Guitar chat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Michael Green Audio Forum :: Audio Chat :: General Audio Chat, staying in tune-
Jump to: