Michael Green Audio Forum

http://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Bill333's System

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:19 am

the American Monitor update

As the 2nd coat goes on the midrange drivers baffles, I'm growing more and more excited to get Bill's speakers home to him. I haven't dug any deeper into the 18xp pair, because honestly I don't want to find anything that might take us down a long road of reconditioning and time away from Bill's place. I can usually tell when a speaker cabinet has been well maintained and these American Monitor certainly have been loved for many years.

How can I be sure?

When I get a speaker in I look for signs of aging. One thing I do is a gentle test on the woofer coils and surrounds. These woofers operate perfectly. It's really amazing to see voice coils this linear, vintage or new. The accordion surrounds are also like brand new, and the cones have perfect tone to them. Based on this these woofers alone are national treasures.

Secondly

The American Monitor 18xp when produced employed thin foam covering the midrange and tweeters. The attachment of this foam covers the screws, frame and all. When I unpacked these the foam (even though mostly deteriorated) was still attach with the original glue and placement. Touching the foam, and it literally crumbled to reveal pristine drive units underneath. The only two drivers not covered were the Midrange units. Based on this, I'm not disturbing the original screw mounting, again a rarity.

After the slight reconditioning of the midrange baffles and a little corner touch up, these speakers are as true vintage as you can get. In vintage audiophile terms they are priceless. So priceless I tip toe around them being careful not to bump.

quite the score!!

Back to top Go down
http://tuneland.forumotion.com Online
Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi Michael,

I'm plenty excited to be getting them.  They are definitely something special, although it's the synergy with the Audolici A25M that really takes things to a whole new level.  I'm just hoping and praying that I'll be able to get that same sound at home.  I also hope that I won't be the only person who gets to hear what this system can do - do you think you could manufacture a speaker from newly available parts that can do what the 18xp's do?

If you could produce this sound and make it available to everyone, I honestly think the components would become audio classics, much like the Quad electrostatic has been.
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:46 am

Greetings Bill333

What's the update on the American Monitor 18xp, the Audiolici, the DAC and the wonderful experiments you are always up to Question Very Happy

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:29 am

Hi Sonic,

There's a lot going on, although I haven't taken the time to post recently.  I got the Audolici and the American Monitor speakers home and set them up in the loft space with one of my Magnavoxes and the same wires we were using in Vegas.  The sound wasn't nearly as good as I remembered, but a phone call with Michael and a few changes put things on a much better path.  The big fixes were putting redwood blocks between the speakers and the platforms, and placing a bamboo 'rug' on the floor to ameliorate the carpet sound.  Those things done, the sound was in the neighborhood of what I heard at Michael's on the same recordings.  Although I'm not getting that deep tonal character or the nuanced reproduction that makes the musicians come alive, I am getting decent tone, excellent dynamics and beautifully liquid sound.  To take it farther, I'm going to need to make serious improvements to the room.

The loft could be a fabulous listening space, but that will require removing the carpet and the bookcases.  My wife really never wanted a listening room in that part of the house, so after discussing the options, I have decided to finish the tunable room.  It would certainly be wonderful to have a tunable room again, and the wood has just been sitting in my basement curing and getting better with age.  The problem I've got is that the stone workbenches I had built have warped, and my efforts to straighten them out by putting pressure on them have come to naught.  They just spring back to their warped shape as soon as I take the pressure off.  These workbenches were the reference surfaces that I had planned to build the entire room around, and without them I am really back to the drawing board.  If I don't have a flat reference surface, I can't build flat walls and floors and my idea for gluing the frames together is unworkable.  So I need to do some serious thinking about how I'm going to do this.  

A few more words about the Audolici.  It sounds great with the same recordings that sounded great at Michael's place - Donovan and the Tokens.  The recording that wasn't so good in Vegas is also a problem here - Dion's 'The Road I'm On'.  What I'm finding is that it's very easy to tune recordings in by moving the blocks around under the Audolici, but even with optimized block positions I can't get Dion to sound as good as Donovan on the system.  I'm thinking that maybe using Type 1 speaker wire or some tuning changes to the Magnavox might get me there, but I haven't found it yet.  In any case, the easy tunability of the Audolici is a game changer.  This is the first time in my life I've ever tuned per recording on a regular basis, because It's just so easy to do that it only takes a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:52 am

Greetings Bill333 cheers

Good to hear from you....Sonic will post some thoughts tomorrow as it is getting late here.

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:07 am

Hello Bill333

Sonic might suggest that you might want to be cautious about going to T1. I made a mistake that way once by thinking my system was further down the Tuneland path than it actually was and wired up with T1 speaker cables. The sound went unbalanced on Sonic, I think it went thin and it stopped responding to tuning or responded in ways that were different from what Sonic expected from reading the posts on this Forum.

That premature action cost me months if not longer of wandering in the wilderness, till somehow Sonic got some T3s and T2s from Michael.

On biwiring with T3s for the bass/mid panels and T2s for the quasi-ribbons gave a fullness and size of the soundstage which showed clearly where my detour started. Then that resulted in weeks of checking all the intervening tunes to see if they were still valid with the T3/T2 combination. A lot were not valid anymore.

Your system may be advanced enough for T1s -- but Sonic still thought I should let you know of my experience.

Could you give some example of how you are tuning with the Audolici. Are using tone controls or wood blocks and things?

Is your DAC back from Scotland? Are you spinning LPs?

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:06 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy " This is the first time in my life I've ever tuned per recording on a regular basis, because It's just so easy to do that it only takes a few minutes." Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This is maybe my favorite sentence of the year Exclamation

I'm going to use this on my facebook page. I'm so proud of you Bill I could cheers scream cheers

excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 am

Hi Sonic,

I hear what you're saying about the T1.  If I do try it, it will just be to put it in and make a quick assessment.  Most likely I will try swapping in some Duelund 16GA for the Type 3 speaker cables, before I get around to the Type 1.  The 16GA is a replica of an old Western Electric hookup wire, and my experience with it in the past has been that it sounds very similar to the Type 2 I had been using at the time, but I'm curious to hear what it might do in this system.  It's a stranded wire and this system seems to like stranded, so we'll see.

The Audolici is tuned with the wood blocks that it rests on.  The chassis feet are removed, and the chassis is supported by four low tone redwood blocks.  Moving them in and out, from both the horizontal and longitudinal axes, has a surprisingly clear focusing effect on the sound.  So, for instance, one recording might like the blocks just a few inches from the horizontal axis and about halfway under, and halfway outside of the chassis.  Another recording might sound best with the blocks several inches from the horizontal axis and positioned with only 20% under, and 80% outside of the chassis.  This is a snapshot I took of the Audolici at Michael's in a configuration that was particularly good for Donovan's Greatest Hits and the Tokens:

In case I forgot to mention, the cover is removed.  Smile

Interesting you should ask about the Altmann DAC.  I got it back a couple months ago, but hadn't really put it into a system for serious listening.  Yesterday afternoon I got around to swapping it in for the Magnavox in the Audolici system.  So how did it sound?  My first reaction was:

Even cold, it was so dynamic and so alive that it made the Magnavox sound bland and uninvolving by comparison.  There's just more of everything: more dynamics, more hall sound, more tone, bigger halos around musical images - just more information, period.  I think putting a top tune on the Magnavox would make up some ground, but I don't think it would be enough to equal the SDTrans/Altmann combination.  

As has always been the case when switching from the Magnavox to the Altmann, the nature of the music listening experience has also changed.  I've enjoyed the Magnavox/Audolici combination, but the number of goose bumps and reverie experiences over a month of listening?  Exactly zero.  In the first hour of listening to the Altmann, I'm already having goose bumps.  ('Make It Easy On Yourself' by Jerry Butler)  Still working on the reverie.

Am I hearing any downsides?  There's some shrillness to the highs on some songs, and as it always is when you're working with this much information, getting the sound field coherent and well-organized can be a challenge.  But I should point out that the Altmann is still a ways from being well tuned.  This was just an initial setup, and a quick tuning move to put the battery up on wood blocks.  There's a lot more that can be done.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the kind words, things have definitely changed a lot over the years.  As I was listening to 'The Look Of Love: The Burt Bacharach Collection', it was easy to hear that some songs sounded great while others were less dynamic and more distant.  Hearing an instrument that isn't as present as it could be isn't anything new, but knowing that I can put those songs on repeat and tune them in to a much better presentation is.  And undo it just as easily, for the next recording?  That's a game changer.  In any case, I think I'm getting better at hearing when a given recording is in tune, and when it isn't.  And how far I need to go to get it where I want.  I don't always know how to get all the way there, but I know I can get a lot closer by tuning the Audolici.  Hmmm... I wonder what's going to happen when I take the faceplate off?   What a Face

Speaking of the Burt Bacharach Collection, have you been listening to it?  How are you enjoying it?

Hi Everyone,

After a long break, I am once again working on the Tunable Room.  Right now the plan is to get the floor finished and then use that as a platform for building the walls and ceiling.  At the moment, I'm evaluating the length and shape of the structural beams and joists in preparation for cutting them to even lengths and refinishing the ends.  I'll keep everyone posted as construction continues.  sunny
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:21 pm

I think it's major big news that your back on the Tunable Room cheers

and Smile

Burt is a regular at my place now. Not only for main listening but also for background as I'm working on other things. Such a great collection of songs Exclamation

Glad you got your SDTrans/Altmann combo up and going. And, it's very cool that you are tuning the A25M Cool

Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 am

Greetings Bill333

Good and clear this update on your moving your Low Tone Redwood Blocks under the Audiolici – “Moving them in and out, from both the horizontal and longitudinal axes, has a surprisingly clear focusing effect on the sound.”

Am I to understand that the effect is only on focus and not on frequency balance?

Also, is there a predictable and repeatable Action/Outcome every time?

I mean if a recording needs vocals further forward, is it always the same LTR block(s) moved in the same direction/extent to get the desired effect? OR is it just listen to a recording and moving LTR blocks about and somehow the desired effect will be achieved even if the same effect (eg: wanting vocals more forward) in recordings A and B may call for different movements?

Sonic is asking because with my Equaliser/tone controls the action/outcome is predictable – if I want more bass or less mids or more treble Sonic knows what needs to be done and the action is the same every time.

With Tuning the way Michael and you describe, is the Action-to-Outcome correlated or is it random?

This has always been my question to Tunees which till now Sonic has not got good answers -- which "for a targetted outcome, is there a repeatable action (like loosening a rack bolt) that produces that outcome or is a semi-random activity where the targetted outcome may be achieved by a several different actions?"

You also mentioned Duelund 16GA – Sonic knows audiofans in this town who love this stuff. They say pairing it with interconnects made from inexpensive Belden microphone cable make great music. The secret appears to be in the stranded conductors where the copper is coated with tin in the Duelund and that particular Belden model. Just like the old Western Electrics.

There is something here possibly – I still have cables from Michael (his early T3s) which were plated too and they were great and moved me forwards in the Tune until that insane T3 to T1 detour Sonic carried out in 2008/2009 Embarassed Embarassed

Bad day when I made that switch…..if Sonic had a more realistic and humble in the assessment of my Tune, the path I was then on may have taken me to the state of Tune/Tone/Music that Sonic is relishing today in 2010, not seven years later in 2017….in your case given your system's state of Tune, T1 might just open the doors to another universe Very Happy

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Sonic,

The effect is on focus and dynamics, definitely not frequency balance.  When it's in focus, the sound has a punchy, dynamic character and when it's not in focus the sound is distant, undistinct and lower in apparent volume.  There is no effect on image position either.

"Also, is there a predictable and repeatable Action/Outcome every time? "

I would say yes, but with some caveats.  I think the Audolici sitting on its blocks gets out of tune after a while, and this needs to be fixed by lifting it up and setting it down again.  If you're moving blocks around when the ampifier has gotten out of tune, you end up gradually fixing the problem, but you're half in and half out of tune while you're doing it and results in any given position will not be the same as when the ampifier is in tune.  The second caveat is that the amplifier/speaker combination likes some songs more than others.  Those songs sound good over a very wide range of block positions.  Not that there's no difference between one position and the next, but it tends to be pretty subtle and all the positions are quite good.  For songs that don't sound very good, they can be improved but I haven't found a way to bring them to the same level as the good songs.  That being said, I'm really only getting started,so I may yet figure out how to do it.  I should also note that it's the amplifier/speaker combination that sounds better on some music than others.  The albums that sound best on the SDTrans/Altmann are the same ones that sounded best on the Magnavox, so it's not the front end.

[EDIT: After more experience with the Audolici, I no longer think that what I wrote above is true.  Any song can be tuned in well if you get the right block positions.]

Is this as readily predictable and repeatable as moving the tone control knobs on the SEA unit?  No, but if you're willing to fiddle with things a bit and learn the idiosyncracies I think you can reliably get where you want to go.

Regarding the wire, the system is sounding so good right now that I'm hesitant to make any changes.  More about that below.

Hi Everyone,

I've made a couple more tuning moves to the Altmann that I'd like to talk about.  The first was switching out the Altmann power cable with the automotive battery connectors, to an Altmann cable with O-ring connectors held in place with a wood block.  This brought the system to a new level - larger images, more dynamic, more clear, more tone and inner detail.  Those big, heavy connectors just didn't sound good.  My reaction on hearing this change was "wow.  Wow.  WOW!".   cheers

The second move was cutting the capacitor tie downs on the Altmann itself.  The Hynes mod installs two large output capacitors in place of the original board mounted caps, which are strapped down to plastic cradles with zip ties.  Cutting these was also a revelation - 50% larger sonic images, more tone and detail in the low bass, and the sense of space in recordings expanded to the point where it sounds like I'm sitting in the studio with the musicians on some songs.

Together, these changes have brought the system to a performance level I haven't heard since I had the tunable room at the top of its performance envelope.  And I don't mean just any old day in the tunable room, I mean the best I had ever heard from it.  The clarity and the sense of space in recordings is just astounding.  In addition to which, I have low bass that the 60's never quite managed.  In any case, the big problem I am working on right now is how to get more of my music collection on to SD Cards so that I can play it on this system.  santa

Last edited by Bill333 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Tinned Copper

If you guys happen to like the Tinned Copper let me know and I'd be happy to unload some. A shipment came in yesterday and I was sent Tinned Copper instead of our regular Bare Copper. I could voice some up if anyone wants it.

It's kind of funny because we were just talking to another Tunee about how he thought the Tinned was not good.

always somethin Rolling Eyes

Glad I make the stuff tunable. Laughing

I also like that you guys are talking Tuning from the point of view of both mechanics and EQing. For folks who decide not to take the total MG version of tuning I think EQs need to be seriously considered.

Back to top Go down
Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi Michael,

That's a bummer about the tinned copper.  Can you send it back?

I think EQ'ing is a great idea for everyone, including hardcore tunees.  I'd like to give it a try myself, but I think I'll need another set of stranded interconnects.  Don't suppose you have any lying around?  bounce
Back to top Go down
Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 pm

NAILED IT!

I was in the mood for some Dion tonight, and took another try at tuning in 'The Road I'm On'.  I pushed the blocks so that they were barely under the amplifier and almost to the outside edges.  I just couldn't believe the sound I was getting.  As you'll recall, Dion is the album I couldn't figure out how to tune when I was at Michael's.  Would this setup be enough to achieve the semi-float we were hearing at Michael's?  I don't know, but it's sounding very, very good.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Hi Bill

Here's what I was thinking today after I posted on this thread. I was thinking "it's there, find it Bill". On my area #2 setup (where I was in the co-pilot seat) I tuned in 4 different recordings that all had their own distinctive cues and codes. In each case it was simply a matter of adjusting the blocks and a little cable tuning. None of the recordings shared the same block setup, yet it wasn't hard to let the music guide me to where I wanted to go.

What I'm saying is, you are becoming a tuning Bad A** with the knowledge you are putting to use. There was a time you would make huge jumps and find some answers but quickly ran into problems when you would put on other recorded codes. Now, you are letting the music guide you and you are mastering the tools. That's the secret to this whole thing. As you conquer each recording you will gain the insight to conquer the next, because your listening skills are now becoming ingrained in your process. I believe each recording quest you tackle is something you will be able to put in your arsenal.

Tonight was another big step for you my brother Exclamation

Very Happy

Tonight Dion, tomorrow the world king

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Oh and yes, whatever you want I will send Smile

Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 am

Greetings Bill333 cheers

Great reading this. I am learning from your path and getting ideas Very Happy

Am Sonic right to understand your power supply to the Altmann is via thin cables ending in O-connectors that are just placed in contact on the battery terminals then held down by that wood block?

If so, that's quite a courageous feat - if the wood block is shifted, the contact breaks and might cause a surge in the process.

Agree that cable ties round capacitors choke off the soundstage. My experience definitely Exclamation

How many albums at 16/44 FLAC resolution can an SD card hold? Have you compared sound quality between Magnavox DVD player, computer HDD and SD cards? Any views? Please remind me -- what do you use to play the SD cards?

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:27 am

Hi Sonic,

"Am Sonic right to understand your power supply to the Altmann is via thin cables ending in O-connectors that are just placed in contact on the battery terminals then held down by that wood block? "

Yes, that's correct.  I haven't really had any problems so far, but the saving grace is that I'm not running the system 24/7 any more so the chances of a mishap are fewer.  I haven't mentioned it, but I'm planning to replace the battery with a pair of Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supplies.  If you wire them in parallel, you can get 12 volts.

If you remember, we had a conversation about the SDTrans around a year ago - look on page 15 of my thread.  But here's the answer to your card capacity question:

"It handles card sizes up to 32G. In practice, that means either 16 or 32G cards. A sixteen gigabyte card will handle 22 to 30 or so albums of 16/44.1 material, depending on how full the original CD was. A 32G card would store from 45 to 60 or so. The SDTrans won't handle anything larger than 32G, but I think that's a good thing because the user interface would make navigating through a larger collection than that a real chore."

The player is the SDTrans384 which I believe is still available.  For the money involved (around $500) I think it would be well worthwhile to acquire one of these just to keep on your equipment shelf.  In my experience, it has no equal as an S/PDIF transport.  Whether you can make use of it really depends on your choice of DACs.  If you ever move on from the Aune to a DAC that can take S/PDIF, you'll be glad you had it.  The manufacturers are really hobbyists, so it may not be available forever.

As far as sound quality goes, the current setup is blowing away the Magnavox but it should be pointed out that this is my skill with the Magnavox that we're talking about.  If Michael were setting up and tuning the Maggie, the results could be very different.  I complain about the Magnavox's sound, but the truth is I'm not very good at tuning it.  When I move wood blocks around underneath it, I don't hear any significant effect.  If Michael were tuning the Magnavox, would it be better than the SDTrans/Altmann?  I don't think so, but I don't really know for sure.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Thanks Bill Exclamation

Bill said

"As far as sound quality goes, the current setup is blowing away the Magnavox but it should be pointed out that this is my skill with the Magnavox that we're talking about.  If Michael were setting up and tuning the Maggie, the results could be very different.  I complain about the Magnavox's sound, but the truth is I'm not very good at tuning it.  When I move wood blocks around underneath it, I don't hear any significant effect.  If Michael were tuning the Magnavox, would it be better than the SDTrans/Altmann?  I don't think so, but I don't really know for sure."

mg

I also think the bigger answer here is not so much the comparison head to head with components but where each of us want to go with our sound. For myself the Maggie does more than any other unit, or units, I have tuned. The Magnavox is super easy for me to use when getting to all the cues I count on as musical. That's the magic of tuning, we all have different end games to our particular taste and desires.

I'm reminded of a story that happened with Bill and me in our earlier co listening days. Bill was away at work and I was having a blast with his Tunable Room. I was making recordings do back flips all day long and at the end of my time, right before Bill got home, I did a certain recording perspective that was toned down from my usual, but very listenable (I thought). So Bill gets home and comes down stairs and I was excited to get him in the room to hear where I went. After a little while Bill came out and asked me "you wouldn't want potential clients to hear that would you". He was dead serious and expressed how the sound wasn't even remotely listenable. After the tension of disappointment left the air, I went back into the room and totally enjoyed the warm spacious performance (again to me).

Now keep in mind that particular sound I dialed in that day was the same type of sound that TAS, Stereophile and a ton of others experienced with their jaws needing to be reattached at the end of the sessions. You would think based on this that the sound melding would happen, but it didn't for many visits. I enjoyed the heck out of Bill's room and system and could have easily called it my own. One might think reading this that the two worlds might have a hard time merging, but the truth is Bill has become one of my favorite buddies to listen with. I believe this happened when I started to listen to Bill's tuning instead of my own.

I also believe this time around with Bill's tunable room, those of us that visit will be in for a real treat. Not just because of how Bill tunes, but what Bill listens to, and how Bill listens period. All I have to do is think about our last visit together here and how Bill took me to a very fun place through his ears.

I have to run but I did want to say, based on what I have explored with Bill and his reaction to certain cues from components and music, I believe Bill is on the right course for his particular sensibilities. I'll get into this later, but take a look at Bill's setup till I do. There's some real gems here.

Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:57 am

Greetings Bill333 and Michael

Michael said "take a look at Bill's setup" -- are there pictures? I would love to see where your systems is now Bill333 Exclamation Very Happy

On my thread Michael said that at one listening to a tuned system, the great Justin G Holt ran out saying "Distortion!"

Michael, in context of Bill333's system and his advancement in Tune Practice what was Justin Gordon reacting to, what was the problem?

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Sonic said

"On my thread Michael said that at one listening to a tuned system, the great Justin G Holt ran out saying "Distortion!"

mg

Sorry Sonic, I must have not been clear. JGH was saying that audiophiles would run out of the room saying "distortion". They say things like this when they don't understand Real Size, Real Space playback. JGH wouldn't go running out of the room, he used my trade show rooms as his hideout.

Back to top Go down
Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:01 am

Hi Sonic,

Here are some pictures of the current setup:

and

It doesn't look like much, but man, the sound I'm getting when this is tuned in...  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:28 am

Hi Bill333 cheers

Very nice indeed, thinks Sonic. Congratulations Very Happy

Clever too of you using the chairs to lift the speaker cables.

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 am

Hello Bill333

Just saw you are online as I was posting on my thread.

How are you all?

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Bill333

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:34 am

For those of you who may be wondering how things are going with my system, I have to say "Bad.  Very bad."  What could be so wrong you might ask?  It's not like the house burned down, right?  Well, actually...

Yes, it is.  The house caught fire on Christmas eve while my wife and I were at dinner at her family's house.  When I finally looked at my phone at the end of the evening, I had several messages from the local fire department.  When we returned, the house had already been boarded up.  My wife and I were out, and the firemen rescued our cat so everyone was ok.  But the fire was mostly in the roof of the house and the stereo system in the loft was largely damaged or destroyed.  This is what my listening room looks like now:

The good news is that it turns out we had very good insurance - something I hadn't paid much attention to before now.  So the house will get rebuilt and I will get paid to replace the equipment that was damaged.  We're in the process of moving into a temporary house right now, so of course I made sure it had a suitable listening room.  Cool  I'll keep you posted as I set up a new system there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill333's System   

Back to top Go down

Bill333's System
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next