Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drewster's Room

Go down 
+3
rrstesiak
Robert Harrison
Sonic.beaver
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Drewster's Room - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drewster's Room   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Oh cool man Exclamation

Hola
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Drewster's Room   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Drewster is here with me @ TuneLand Vegas. We'll show some pictures soon and maybe hear a word or two from the Drewster himself.

Drewster's Room - Page 4 Aufb204
Back to top Go down
Drewster
Admin
Drewster

PostSubject: Re: Drewster's Room   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Hola from TuneLand Vegas! The listening is just beginning...

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Drewster
Admin
Drewster

PostSubject: Rev6's   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Hola Tunees,

I arrived back in Ecuador the other day, and after catching up on my sleep, I set up the Rev6 pair in Natural Cherry I received from Michael while I was visiting TuneLand Vegas. I wanted to hear them right away, so I removed the MGA MiniMods from the system and hooked in the Rev6's, leaving in the MGA Type I speaker cable that was already in the system rather than hooking up with new Type II I brought from Vegas (which I did the next day).  cheers

I heard all the same qualities in my system that I heard in Michael's in TL Vegas. But it was even better because it was in MY system! Right out of the box the Rev6 pair had that clarity, articulation, full tonal and harmonic range, and accurate musicality that I heard in Vegas. Every instrument reproduced was complete and very real. I heard full attack and decay of each note of each instrument, and voices as well. Piano and percussion (especially cymbals) were amazing in this respect.  Shocked  Very Happy

On Brubeck's Take Five, with drums stage left, piano stage right, and bass and Paul Desmond's sax center stage, I was transported to the venue -- no imagination needed. I listened to all types of music late into the night (morning) before reluctantly giving it up to sleep.  Sleep

The next day I hooked up the new Type II speaker cable. Of course some of the smoothness was lost when I inserted brand new cable, but I still hear everything I heard with the Type I, just with a little roughness that will go away completely with usage. And I know the Type II also brings more to the table. So I'm running in the Rev6/Type II combo, and will report back when things have settled a bit. Exclamation

Drewster's Room - Page 4 Andy1

Drewster's Room - Page 4 P1010158

Drewster's Room - Page 4 Andy2

Drewster's Room - Page 4 P1010160

Drewster's Room - Page 4 Andy3

Drewster's Room - Page 4 P1010162

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Drewster's Room   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Wow, that's stunning! I'm doing a review on the AP-01 in area #2 and have to say, I'm somewhat shocked (shouldn't be but still do get amazed sometimes) at how good these Signatures really are. I'm using the Ebony Mist (piano black) ones you saw here. The stage is huge and wildly musical, and I haven't even tweaked yet. Let me know how the Type2's do after a little while. That's what I'm using on the system in area two as well.

take care, glad your home safe and sound

Cool
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Drewster's Room   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 7:20 pm

Here's an update from Drewster sent to my facebook yesterday.

"Here's an update on the Rev 6 speakers since my last post at the beginning of the month. They have really smoothed out nicely, and the mid/bass drivers have loosened up naturally as I knew they would and the speakers are now refined and relaxed and full-bodied at all listening levels. The mild bass over-tightness at loud levels is gone now. So the speakers have broken in quickly.

I had some friends over earlier this week for a holiday get together. One of them, Jeff, is a drummer for the most popular gringo band in my city in Ecuador (...that's not a style of music, but a band made up of gringo (North American, English speaking) musicians...). At the end of the party he said he recognized the RoomTune pillows in my room corners and was admiring the Rev 6 speakers and asked if he could listen to the system. So I invited he and his wife to stick around after everyone had left, and I played a wide selection of tunes for them for about an hour.

After listening for a just a short time, he said he was blown away by how realistic the sound was, and that he hadn't heard a better system in Ecuador, and being an audiophile from way back, wasn't sure if he had heard a better sounding system in his life. He commented on how real and complete percussion such as drums and cymbals were, and was especially shocked and impressed how natural, harmonically rich and present piano sounded. He didn't want to leave, and said he had a list of music he wanted to hear on the system. So I invited him over later this week for a listening session, and then afterward he's going to introduce me to some Ecuadorian jazz musicians he loves who are playing at a local venue. One of the albums he wants to hear first is Paul Simon's Rhythm of the Saints. That'll be a fun night."
Back to top Go down
Drewster
Admin
Drewster

PostSubject: Re: Drewster's Room   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Following up on my Dec. 24th comment about my drummer friend marveling at the Rev 6 Signatures, we finally were able to get together for a listening session yesterday. You can see the setup and Jeff in the photo.

He had a few requests that he wanted to hear, but basically he asked me to select the music that we listened to. His tastes are very broad like mine, so we covered a lot of ground in our almost three hour session. I made sure to pick a few drummer/percussionist composers and bandleaders that I thought would appeal to him (including my favorite, Billy Cobham). And when I played the first cut off of Manu Katche's Neighborhood album, he turned to me in the middle of it and said "now that sounds real!"  cheers   He asked about the design of the speakers, and also commented how well they and the subwoofer were integrated -- which is true, you really can't detect any discontinuity or overlap.

He'll probably be coming back next week for another session. I told him I may explore making a few tuning changes, like taking the spikes out from under the speakers and letting them just sit atop the stands and also removing the TV from the room. So he may get a little schooling in tuning....

Drewster's Room - Page 4 ManuKatcheNeighborhood

Drewster's Room - Page 4 JeffListeningSession

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
StevenZ

PostSubject: Re: Drewster's Room   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 4:08 pm

This is a super cool transition that you've gone through. And those Rev6 Sigs are beautiful looking. That cherry veneer over time, with all the sunlight you've got, will darken gradually. One of the things I specifically like about both cherry and walnut.

In any case, lovely looking stereo and I'm sure it sounds fantastic. Could you possibly recommend some local Ecuadorian music for us to explore? I find along with food, the best way to learn more about a culture is through it's music as well.

Thanks,
Steven
Back to top Go down
Drewster
Admin
Drewster

PostSubject: Re: Drewster's Room   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 1:17 am

Hi Steven,

I'm not sure if you can get this in the U.S., or where, but here's a good example....

Drewster's Room - Page 4 Andes

Smile Wink

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drewster's Room   Drewster's Room - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drewster's Room
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4