Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discovery!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
apogee6

Discovery! Empty
PostSubject: Discovery!   Discovery! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm

This also ties in with my thread "What a change" Ok now to start off maybe you ought to call me stupid for not doing this sooner but, at least I woke up and tried it. For some reason the other day I was thinking about how to improve my sound staging and the ideas I had already presented and that's when I decided to try something today as I remembered what floor standing Room Tunes do. Since I had a special set of 60" FLs bulit and set up my sound has been even better than it had been but, as anyone I'm always looking for more. Since the 60" didn't have an orientation as to what side was which, I had spent some hours listening and deciding what sounded good. Today I decided to try it again listening to 30 seconds of music and reversing the side of 1 FL at a time (I used Enya's Sheppard Moons). and after trying it 5 different times on the left speaker I thought I may have found a difference, so moving to the right I reversed that side also and sure enough there was! Suddenly the music had more life and ambience to it so I tried some more different music selections from; Adele-21, Alan Parsons-Eye in the Sky,
Dire Straights-On Every Street, and ending with the CD from Garbage-Absolute Garbage. Sure enough all the selections held a wider (by up to 6"-8" wider than before extending beyond the speaker panel) and deeper stage (again 5"-8" deeper), and improved PRAT and much better life, in fact on some cuts the stage had not only widened but had increased in height (on some cuts up to 6" above the speaker) as well, as well as much different (better to my ears) layering that I hadn't heard as well as much different decay and extenstion. So all this time I must have had the "burn side" out instead of the ambient side, no wonder I had been missing things! So, just goes to show me sometimes I have to try something different and am I glad I did! But why didn't I think of this before??????
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Discovery! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery!   Discovery! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Oh yeah!

And since they were a custom size we should have put a sticker or something on them. We use to have a little RoomTune glue on, on the barrier side. We were just talking about what the new logo would look like actually.

Great pieces of music with some great sound stages.
Back to top Go down
https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Discovery!
Page 1 of 1