Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

tuning-chameleon

Go down 
+2
Michael Green
robert293
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
garp

tuning-chameleon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: tuning-chameleon   tuning-chameleon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Chip and Michael,

I just stumbled on Chip's post looking for the Marantz 600. It may be me who offered a 600 when you last might needed one. My 600 has been packed away since I moved and I will have to locate it.

Let me try to locate it and check to see that it is working. If you are interested, I will be happy to sell in very reasonably.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: tuning-chameleon   tuning-chameleon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi Garp & Chip

Let me know if you guys hook up. If not I'll try to get you guys in contact with each other.

thanks
Back to top Go down
TomD

PostSubject: New Chameleons?   tuning-chameleon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi Michael,

New Chameleon's ....Hmmm. How can you improve them? They are already without a doubt the best sounding speaker available. Completely disappear. Mine are about 7~8 years old and just keep getting better They are about as 3D as you can get. I was just listening to Diana Krall (still) and she was in the room.

I was looking at the current Chameleon picture. What wood are you using for the cabinet these days?

Tom
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: tuning-chameleon   tuning-chameleon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 am

Hi Tom

Fantastic to see you!!! I've been wanting to call you for a couple of weeks now but have had a very weird schedule (your used to that from me right? LOL).

You are so correct! I have to say in all honesty that the Chameleons that you own are among the top 3 or 4 best sounding pair of speakers on the planet right now at any price.

I can only hope that this year or next someone will commission me to do the task of going beyond (a true labor of love it was). Certainly this will involve a front baffle board that has a higher resonate factor. Brazilian Pine is my first choice to do this deed. Second will be to simplify the crossover (which cannot be done with the drivers in your speakers). The blend of parts, drivers, cabinet size, port, and good old fashion hand rubbed finish (inside and out) on your Chameleons are very hard to beat. Your speakers are "Stradivarius"!

I'm sure that Antonio himself would have loved such a pair.

Nice to have you grace the pages!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tuning-chameleon   tuning-chameleon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tuning-chameleon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2