Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drewster's System

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drewster
Admin
Drewster

Drewster's System Empty
PostSubject: Drewster's System   Drewster's System Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 2:19 am

Here are some pics of my current and some past systems.

currently

Drewster's System IMG_1004

Drewster's System IMG_1005

Drewster's System IMG_1007

Drewster's System IMG_1008

Drewster's System IMG_1010

jocolorjocolor
Back to top Go down
StevenZ

Drewster's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drewster's System   Drewster's System Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Good looking stereo. Nice and clean. What speakers have you had before these? And what is that piece of gear you're using as your source/amp?
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Drewster's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drewster's System   Drewster's System Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Just thought I would jump in and share this post from Drewster

"Following up on my Dec. 24th comment about my drummer friend marveling at the Rev 6 Signatures, we finally were able to get together for a listening session yesterday. You can see the setup and Jeff in the photo.

He had a few requests that he wanted to hear, but basically he asked me to select the music that we listened to. His tastes are very broad like mine, so we covered a lot of ground in our almost three hour session. I made sure to pick a few drummer/percussionist composers and bandleaders that I thought would appeal to him (including my favorite, Billy Cobham). And when I played the first cut off of Manu Katche's Neighborhood album, he turned to me in the middle of it and said "now that sounds real!" cheers He asked about the design of the speakers, and also commented how well they and the subwoofer were integrated -- which is true, you really can't detect any discontinuity or overlap.

He'll probably be coming back next week for another session. I told him I may explore making a few tuning changes, like taking the spikes out from under the speakers and letting them just sit atop the stands and also removing the TV from the room. So he may get a little schooling in tuning....

Drewster's System ManuKatcheNeighborhood

Drewster's System JeffListeningSession

jocolorjocolor "
Back to top Go down
StevenZ

Drewster's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drewster's System   Drewster's System Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Thanks for sharing that post. I can't seem to find the original thread where Drewster detailed this listening session. Could you point me to the thread please?
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Drewster's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drewster's System   Drewster's System Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 10:49 pm

Hi Steven

Here's Drewster's thread. https://tuneland.forumotion.com/t90-drewster-s-room

It goes back to his Chicago days and moves forward.
Back to top Go down
Drewster
Admin
Drewster

Drewster's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drewster's System   Drewster's System Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 1:37 am

Hi Steven,

Before the Rev 6 Signatures, I was using the Mini-Mods here in Ecuador. Back in Chicago I had 60's, and before I found the Tune I had Eminent Technology LFT-IV planar magnetic speakers for many years. The amp is a TEAC network player that I bought on Amazon for about $350, but is no longer available. I've done tuning on the receiver's innards, but nothing outside (mine is a "lifestyle" system), though they are on MGA blocks. The system does sound terrific now, and the speakers just keep getting better and better.

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drewster's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drewster's System   Drewster's System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drewster's System
Page 1 of 1