Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Assistance in acheiving my goal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dayalan

Assistance in acheiving my goal  Empty
PostSubject: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 6:45 am

Hi there

I am new to the forum and live in South Africa.

I do have the following equipment that is currently playing:
Onkyo NR 1010Oppo 95Polk RT iA9
The speakers are bi-wired. I also purchase the Audiolab 8000 and the 8200 4x mono blocks, which I would like to use soley for Hi-fi listening.

I do have the Kef Q series speaker system complete surround and I have the Linn Majik Chara C3100 power amplfier, ATi 1800 power amplifier.

What I would like to do is the following:

Use the Audiolabs for Hi-fi listening and the Onkyo for home threatre.

What would you advise me as to optimaly acheive my goals? Just wanted to know how to better improve the sound

Kindest regards

Dayalan
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 7:40 am

Hi Dayalan

Welcome to TuneLand Exclamation

Got your thread started Excellent. Let me know if you need any help posting pictures.
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 7:51 am

Greetings Dayalan

Are the systems in the same room or are you using different rooms for each? I'm sure MG is going to want to see some pictures so he can start to visualize what you have going on. We live not far from Michael at our main home so get to stop by in person. Seeing what is happening helps Mr. Green to get inside of your sound.

enjoy TuneLand Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Dayalan

PostSubject: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 8:41 am

Hi Michael

They are not in the same room. I will send pictures tomorrow.

Kindest regards

Dayalan
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 2:31 pm

Wonderful! This will be fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 4:05 am

Greetings Dayalan

Welcome to Tuneland!

You are in a good place – the Tune, under the guidance of Michael Green and the use of his “Thought” and his products, can literally do the impossible.

While you prepare the pictures and diagrams which will be very useful, may Sonic suggest you prepare a mental questionnaire and post the answers on your thread so Michael can guide you, we Tuness can chip in and of course learn from your experience as you also follow ours.

The questions Sonic suggests (but you may have more to add) are:

a. what is it in Michael’s process and system that attracted you to the Tune?
[Eg; for some it might be the possibility of creating huge soundstages or getting 360 degree surround from two channels or Jimmy Page’s guitar imaging so far outside the Right Speaker that it is behind the listener’s head]

b. what music do you listen to most?

c. what do I want my system to do better using the Tune?
[Eg: the system may have a “cupped hands colouration” or the bass goes down flat to 50hz, I want to take it down to 25 hz or I want more depth of imaging or I got a “banana soundstage” to be fixed and so on]

d. what is the characteristic of my room which I would like to address?
[Eg: the room may be too small to give the bass I want or has hard surfaces (like Sonic’s) that cause imaging and tone problems or the room may be overdamped with no life in the music]

e. how far are you prepared to go with the Tune? Have you any limitations that prevent you from going all out?
[Eg: Sonic has restrictions in what I can do with my room in terms of mounting, exposed equipment and suchlike due to terms of use, or legacy equipment which will never be changed regardless of the alternatives available from the Tune or elsewhere..."I got a pair of JBL L100s which I will need to use come what may with the Tuning"]

So welcome again!

Do give these points some thought and many Tunees like Sonic will like to share and assist your journey.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Dayalan

PostSubject: Advice   Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 4:34 am

Sonic.beaver wrote:

Greetings Dayalan

Welcome to Tuneland!

You are in a good place – the Tune, under the guidance of Michael Green and the use of his “Thought” and his products, can literally do the impossible.

While you prepare the pictures and diagrams which will be very useful, may Sonic suggest you prepare a mental questionnaire and post the answers on your thread so Michael can guide you, we Tuness can chip in and of course learn from your experience as you also follow ours.

The questions Sonic suggests (but you may have more to add) are:

a.     what is it in Michael’s process and system that attracted you to the Tune?
[Eg; for some it might be the possibility of creating huge soundstages or getting 360 degree surround from two channels or Jimmy Page’s guitar imaging so far outside the Right Speaker that it is behind the listener’s head]

b.     what music do you listen to most?

c.     what do I want my system to do better using the Tune?
[Eg: the system may have a “cupped hands colouration” or the bass goes down flat to 50hz, I want to take it down to 25 hz or I want more depth of imaging or I got a “banana soundstage” to be fixed and so on]

d.     what is the characteristic of my room which I would like to address?
[Eg: the room may be too small to give the bass I want or has hard surfaces (like Sonic’s) that cause imaging and tone problems or the room may be overdamped with no life in the music]

e.     how far are you prepared to go with the Tune?  Have you any limitations that prevent you from going all out?
[Eg: Sonic has restrictions in what I can do with my room in terms of mounting, exposed equipment and suchlike  due to terms of use, or legacy equipment which will never be changed regardless of the alternatives available from the Tune or elsewhere..."I got a pair of JBL L100s which I will need to use come what may with the Tuning"]

So welcome again!

Do give these points some thought and many Tunees like Sonic will like to share and assist your journey.

Sonic  

I did visit another audiophile site and found the advice given by Michael to be honest and relevant.

Photos of the rooms where send to Michael who will be able to download them for everyone to see.

The only system currently functionoing is the Onkyo powering the Polk A9 with the Oppo providing the source.

I did purchase the Audiolabs 8000 and the 8200 4x mono blocks, which I would like to use soley for Hi-fi listening.

I do have the Kef Q series speaker system complete surround and I have the Linn Majik Chara C3100 power amplfier, ATi 1800 power amplifier.

What I would like to do is the following:

Use the Audiolabs for Hi-fi listening and the Onkyo for home threatre so advice is required as to how I go about doing that? Is the amps able to drive the speakers? What I would to attain is when listening to HiFi at low levels be able to listen tolow bass without increasing the volume.
I hope I am able to communicate what I want to acheive.

Kindest regards

Dayalan

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Dayalan's Rooms

HiFi Room Picture

Assistance in acheiving my goal  M1583

Home Theatre

Assistance in acheiving my goal  M1584
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 11:48 pm

Hello Dayalan!

Sonic is sure Michael will have lots of ideas for this room!

Am I right to observe the ceiling is a dropped ceiling of some sort (ply or drywall) and the floor is ceramic tile?

You know conventional acousticians I know will want to test rooms with all sort of gear for big fees but the Tune has ways of testing rooms that you can do yourself for free!

Remember Mr Green is a man who fixed an auditorium by walking about, clicking is fingers and making sounds ike BUP!, BUP!, BUP! (or something) and with his sound shutters solved problems that other conventional acousticians failed to do.

Try this test that Sonic has found useful -- shout "BOO!" loudly at your listening seat, at the speaker positions and as you walk round the room. If you have the vocal range, do this at Low Pitch, Middle pitch of your voice and at High pitch, Falsetto if you can manage it.

Listen to how your room sends the sound back to you ears. This is what it is doing to all the music you play.

Does the "BOO!" stop abruptly like "Buh/", does it die off naturally like "Boo/" or does it ring and sustain like "BOOoo"?
In some cases the Boo! can get even change pitch, usually rising in pitch -- "BOOoowo^ong!"

What do you hear?

Are there differences at Low and Mid and Higher pitches?

Often rooms, even fairly damped ones, can display Mid or High ringing/sustain which indicates things like slap echoes which Michael's products can fix. And excessively damped "Buh/" can sometimes lead to a dead and lifeless sound. Let us know what you find from this easy test.

When you play music, is your sound bright and bass thin, requiring you to raise your volume to get the bass punch you like?

Please name your favourite CD/LP/tape that you listen a lot to.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi Dayalan

Thanks for the pictures Smile

Would it be possible to give us more pictures so I can see the space a little more clearly as it pertains to the whole acoustical space? This would help me see into the sound more.

I'm looking at the pictures and it paints part of the story for me, but it would be very helpful to see how things are working together.

Sonic

Thanks for you posting Exclamation

The more info we get the easier it is to get us inside of your system, space and thinking.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 3:28 pm

more pictures from Dayalan

Assistance in acheiving my goal  M1592
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 1:32 am

Hi Dayalan

Was wondering if you have done any tweaking on your system yet?
Back to top Go down
Dayalan

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 1:40 am

rotelguy wrote:
Hi Dayalan

Was wondering if you have done any tweaking on your system yet?

Good morning

I did not do nay tweaking as yet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assistance in acheiving my goal    Assistance in acheiving my goal  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assistance in acheiving my goal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Michael Green Audio Forum :: Listener's Forum :: Audio Around the World-
Jump to: