https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lattis system

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
MP

Lattis system - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Hi Michael. Yes, now I have 4 different amplifiers that will be tested when Kharma leaves the room Very Happy I am looking forward to hear what I have missed over the years.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Update on the NAD from Mats

"I connected to the NAD amplifier today. The system needs to be on for a few days before I listen. Right now it doesn't sound particularly good, except the soundstage is bigger.

I removed the plastic feet, the bottom plate, the wire strips, loosened the screws and cleaned it, lots of dust."

Back to top Go down
https://tuneland.forumotion.com
Sonic Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 5:12 am

Greetings Mats and Michael

Reading this about the NAD amp and Michael's recent reply to my question on how people may hear the same system/same music
track and yet perceive the soundstage differently, Sonic is inspired to get back into some Tuning in my system.

A good place for me to (re)start may be to remove the top cover and the bottom cover (with the feet) of my Quicksilver preamp like Mats did with the NAD.

This could free blockage while not incurring too much risk of EMI and RFI intrusion. The tube preamp has a moderate bandwidth and there are no high gain sections. A phono stage has very high gain and can pick up grunge from the air and surrounding equipment, while the DAC and computers emit plenty of nasties in the KHz and MHz range so I am keeping these shielded in their Faraday cages for now.

Let's see what music Sonic hears from this.

Sonic

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Sonic Voyager wrote:

Greetings Mats and Michael

Reading this about the NAD amp and Michael's recent reply to my question on how people may hear the same system/same music
track and yet perceive the soundstage differently, Sonic is inspired to get back into some Tuning in my system.

A good place for me to (re)start may be to remove the top cover and the bottom cover (with the feet) of my Quicksilver preamp like Mats did with the NAD.

This could free blockage while not incurring too much risk of EMI and RFI intrusion. The tube preamp has a moderate bandwidth and there are no high gain sections.  A phono stage has very high gain and can pick up grunge from the air and surrounding equipment, while the DAC and computers emit plenty of nasties in the KHz and MHz range so I am keeping these shielded in their Faraday cages for now.

Let's see what music Sonic hears from this.

Sonic

Hi Sonic

Removing the chassis works more positively than negatively after what I've heard.

After 24 hours settle, Nad 302 begins to sound very good. It is easy to hear that I use fewer components in the system now.

I want to remove the led light and maybe remove the faceplate. Not sure how much faceplate on this amplifier affects the sound since it's made of plastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lattis system
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Michael Green Audio Forum :: Listener's Forum :: Audio Around the World-
Jump to: