Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds Empty
PostSubject: Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds   Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 6:31 am

Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds M2080

I'm not sure I was ever comfortable calling myself part of the High End Audio community. Maybe years ago before I was aware of what was going on. Today however reading HEA forums you can feel the bad karma coming off of the pages. I'm I generalizing? Probably, but finding a HEA forum these days that is not full of angry old men is difficult. I'm going to laugh now Laughing . There, had to do that just to shake the dust. I laugh because it's like a very strange SNL skit, with the forum lifers not knowing the joke is on them. Why they would daily come up and make complete fools of themselves in public is really freaky. Freaky until you realize these guys don't give their real names. Freaky when you realize these guys are over 70 years old acting like they could bar fight with the best of them. Freaky when you realize most of these guys you can tell have terrible sounding systems and many don't even know what a soundstage is or how to get one.

Two strikes, that's how I feel after attempting to share on Audiogon. The Stereophile forum was dreadful. The Audiogon forum was like walking in a field knowing you would be stepping on cow patties all day.

Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds M2081

For those Agoners who want to visit here you are welcome to join in. Hopefully we are a more fun group of people.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds   Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 pm

Well some members at Agon convince me to stay and post, but I've got to be nuts Laughing

So I'm on one thread about the use of wood under components, pretty simple stuff right? Well 3 guys come up, one who is mad as can be that people don't take him serious so he takes it out on me every chance he gets (guess I'm a big target). Another guy who doesn't believe in soundstages (thinks they're a parlor trick, whatever that means), and the 3rd one doesn't even have a stereo. Yes, I said doesn't even have a stereo Laughing

Pretty frickin weird right Rolling Eyes all on an audio forum  scratch

An alternative universe is the occurrence of canonical facts about the setting or characterization of a particular fictional universe being explored in a non-canonical way. These universes are often made unofficially, though elements of fan fiction are sometimes used in official, though usually non-canonical, storylines. Stories that fall into this definition are usually "what-ifs", where possibilities arising from circumstances that do not occur in the original fictional universe are explored.

How can the hobby of listening to music become so crazy? I believe a lot of this happened because HEA was created from falsehoods to begin with. The idea that bigger electronic boxes give you better sound, and making speakers so hard to drive only a very few amplifiers can actually make them work. It's really nuts when you think about it, that things in HEA have gotten so strange. How can these people take something so simple as playback and turn it into a disaster.

anyway, listening to some cool jamms

Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds Aufb642
Back to top Go down

Audiogon loosing members by the hundreds
Page 1 of 1