Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Tunable System is not an Erector Set

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JBarchives

A Tunable System is not an Erector Set Empty
PostSubject: A Tunable System is not an Erector Set   A Tunable System is not an Erector Set Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2019 8:42 am

A Tunable System is not an Erector Set M2087

Hi TuneLand,

Sometimes I get the feeling that as people build their systems, they lose sight of what it is we are trying to accomplish when we are building a tunable system. First, let me say that a tunable system is not an “Erector Set”. We are not trying to teach or build “motor skills” here as is the purpose of an Erector Set. Also, we are not trying to teach the exploration of 3D shapes, as is also the purpose of Erector Sets.

With Tunable Systems, we are building musical instruments and not just throwing pieces and parts together, in random fashion, as I sometimes get the feeling that people are doing with their systems. On the plus side, it’s good to see so many going so far, but keep one thing in mind. Do not attempt to build your systems the way you see Michael building them on his system thread. He has been down every path of tuning, so he will “skip” steps because he knows exactly where he is going because he has been there before.

Be methodical in your tunable system building approach and keep in mind the old saying, “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” Neither is a tunable system built in a day either. As you build your system, keep in mind that what you are dealing with are different forms of energy which you are building, shaping, and tuning, into one cohesive whole. Keep this in mind and your journey to good sound will be a lot easier.

A Tunable System is not an Erector Set
Page 1 of 1