Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tuning Hints

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JBarchives

Tuning Hints Empty
PostSubject: Tuning Hints   Tuning Hints Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 10:30 am

Tuning Hints M2087

I find it interesting that one of the smallest components in my system has perhaps taught me the most about materials, when tuning. That component has been the Mini ClampRack. When you are tuning rack, a component or part, just keep the following in mind and that is to not just pay attention to the materials you are using, but also the "sequence" in which you are using them. For example, I have found that when tuning, alternating metal with wood in the tuning mix produces the best sound in my system -- i.e., piece of MW, Harmonic Spring, piece of Magic Wood, etc. This applies to any combination of parts that you are working with to tune the component chassis or your rack.

"Sandwiching" wood/metal/wood, or vice versa, works in every case in my system. Depending on the mass of your components, YMMV, but it is a good rule to follow and will never lead you wrong. Now, the "size" of the wood, you will have to experiment with to find what works best, but just keep the above rule in mind when tuning your system.

Tuning Hints
Page 1 of 1