Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ya know????? About show comments!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Ya know????? About show comments! Empty
PostSubject: Ya know????? About show comments!   Ya know????? About show comments! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Ya know????? About show comments! Ax61

I get asked all the time why I don't bother to do many shows any more or take the time to mingle with some of the audiophile so called experts. You might think this sad or funny depending on your own experiences. Those of us who have gained the empirical understanding by doing the tune see this hobby as a fairly simple concept. A concept that is a straight line through the definition of physics. We don't pretend or make up theory to cover our latest audio spins, we are listeners. We see this hobby and business as a set of variables that have a method of correctness, called, tuning.

At this AXPONA we were thrilled to see the show reports about us. As always we try to give a taste of the tune while showing support for this great hobby. Stereophile was kind enough to not only give one show report on us but 2. One was given truthfully as someone who may not tune or know the tune so they stated what we do as a type of quote from us. I don't know if Jana tunes or not but I respect the way our physic's truths were laid out there (from MGA's point of view of course).

1st thank you Jana. This was the first stereophile report I saw.

Ya know????? About show comments! Ax60

"Michael Green Audio (MGA), a company that describes their areas of expertise as Room Tuning, Audiophile System Tuning, Pressure Zone Controlling, Vibratory Tuning, and Soundstage Controlling, must have had the most treated room in the entire show. With a single sweet-spot seat surrounded by MGA platforms, multiple Brazilian pine Cable Grounds, three Pressure Zone Controllers, two RoomTune Deluxe floorstanders, and RoomTune pillows, I and a few others eagerly waited our turns. The system comprised a Magnavox MDV2100 DVD player (used to play CDs; price unknown), Audio Note AN-E SPx Alnico speakers—said to be "the ultimate near-wall two-way speaker" ($25,000/pair), an Audolici Audio A-25M tubed integrated amplifier ($5150), an Audio Note Lexus interconnect, and a Transparent power cord."

________________________________________________________________________________

here's my thank you for the mention

"Thanks for the mention. We thought we were going to be able to give a lot of private listening sessions, or at least some, but we were swamped all show. Not complaining, but it's probably a sign we need to do shows more often. As an alternative we now have TuneLand Vegas setup with 6 listening rooms (including the tunable room) for folks to come, relax, and explore their system tuning possibilities. Listeners from the upcoming CES 2018 are booking their listening sessions now and hopefully starting this summer we can accommodate more sessions and throw a few listening parties. Would love to have Jana, Jason, any of the reviewing family and of course our audiophile listening friends over.

thanks again Stereophile

Michael Green
www.michaelgreenaudio.net

and if I may
www.soundconsultant.com
who sponsored Room 630, thank you Harold

PS: I use a lot of AUDOLICI models at TuneLand for those wanting to preview these extremely musical tube components."

and here's the second report that takes a weird twist from Jason

Ya know????? About show comments! Ax59

"I prefer not to end on a down note, but the sound in the room put together by Saturn and Harold of TuneLand Vegas was as incomprehensible as the system and setup. (Several conversations were going on while music was playing.) You can only see part of it—the Audio Note AN-E loudspeakers, Audolici all-tube electronics from Portugal, a $30 Magnavox DVD player, ca 2002, used as a source, Audio Note and Transparent cabling, and some of the Michael Green Audio devices—but not the equally unattractive Michael Green room treatment that was positioned at a 90º angle to the system beyond the picture boundaries."

You can see Tunees' heads spinning in unison trying to make some sort of sense out of the above ignorant, not even a report, spew. It didn't make either Harold or myself mad (I didn't ask Coop), but it made me wonder how these comments even remotely fit among the science of high end audio show displays.

anyway here are the 2 responses, one from Harold and one from me

"Hi, this is Harold from Sound Consultant Ltd. Come on Jason, we know the room was seriously compromised! It was our first show and everything was done last minute. I will send Saturn to beat you up!

The Audio Note speakers are meant to be set up in corners, and since we wanted to make it a combination display and listening room because of the introduction of the new Audolici products from Portugal, we had to compromise and do the best we could. We had a room plan and when we got to the room we could not set up the way we wanted to because we could not move the dresser! We did not have nearly enough help to do this in one day! We did not have real corners and the sound set up was far from ideal. If you want to hear what this system can do please come to my showroom or better yet, come to TuneLand Vegas and we will blow your mind!

The "unattractive" room treatment that Jason mentions is the RoomTune Deluxe Floor Stander - the first ever floor standing room treatment in the industry. There is nothing else that incorporates the principles of absorption and reflection in the same product. It has received many great reviews, is inexpensive, and it works! And it is still one of our best selling products even today. Most people think they look like speakers, which I think means they are far from unattractive. We were creating a "listening oasis" (the exact words of a visitor) with the floor standing devices and it worked.

I want to thank all those who visited, and especially all the sales that it has created for me, both for Audolici products and Audio Note. We got lots of very positive comments like "wow finally music", "fantastic sound" and so on. Some folks just don't understand the basics - I'm not making excuses, just stating facts.

By the way, the Audolici AVP-01 MM/MC phono stage just got a fantastic review in TONEAudio http://www.tonepublications.com/review/the-audolici-avp-01/. Please check it out!

We had a great show and lots of fun! Isn't that really what this hobby should be all about?"

____________________________________________________________________________________

then me (I was typing the same time Harold was but thought the opening phrase was a mind meld, pretty cool)

"Tunees laugh, got to have a sense of humor! (my title for post)

Oh come Jason, be a little more responsible than this  Laughing . Right about now every Tunee out there is laughing at you. Why Question  Because every advanced audiophile on the planet that has heard something not to their taste on one of our systems would have had the experience to ask to have the system tuned. Your above comments don't show very much tuning experience and or willingness on your part.

I suggest you go back and read your comment again and see if that's what you really meant. Think about it, an audio reviewer that doesn't know how to tune, really?

You know if some of you guys who are writing as representatives of high end audio don't take the time to learn the basics beyond plug & play, how do you expect these other folks to ever grow out of the BS throw back lifestyle enough to become real audiophiles?

My thought is why did you say anything at all? If you don't understand something enough to ask....well doesn't that put you a few steps behind the intellect of the versed Tunee? Or don't you believe in tuning as a music correction method?

Laughing, come on Jason

I later softened my response to this "
Oh come Jason is right, be a little more adventurous than this Jason lol. Right about now every Tunee out there is laughing. Why? Because every advanced audiophile on the planet that tunes knows all you had to do is ask to have the system tuned to your taste. Your above comments don't show very much tuning experience and or willingness on your part.

I suggest you go back and read your comment again and see if that's what you really meant. Think about it, an audio reviewer that doesn't know how to tune, really? That's a problem that needs to be moved past.

You know if some of you guys who are writing as representatives of high end audio don't take the time to learn the basics beyond plug & play, how do you expect these other folks to ever grow out of the BS throw back lifestyle enough to become the next level of audiophiles?

My thought is why did you say anything at all? If you don't understand something enough to ask....well doesn't that put you a few steps behind the intellect of the versed Tunee? Or don't you believe in tuning as a music harmonizing method?

LOL, come on Jason step up to the plate buddy.

Michael Green
www.michaelgreenaudio.net

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Michael Green on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rotelguy

rotelguy

PostSubject: Re: Ya know????? About show comments!   Ya know????? About show comments! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 1:14 am

First things first. Congrats on a great show MG cheers

Jason Victor Serinus (Stereophile) has made his bed long ago IMO. Not sure all that many people beyond stereophile newbies take him seriously or consider him an authority. Lots of the new reviewers don't measure up to the reviewers of old. And as far as that goes the reviewing styles of the old reviewers worked for their time and the guys who try to put themselves in the same class or hierarchy come off looking stupid.

The most telling condition of this part of the industry is the fact that most of these guys have not advanced past plug and play audio systems. It would be similar to Santana walking into Guitar Center and never tuning the instrument before playing or while playing.

I like what Harold said about visiting TuneLand Idea
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Ya know????? About show comments!   Ya know????? About show comments! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 4:18 am

Ya know

Spending time listening 'with' some of the great reviewers is so different than listening 'to' some of the limited ones. Anyone in the music 'know', has moved miles beyond the plug & play. This audiophile 'stuck' attitude and practice is so obvious to the outside music lover looking in that you have to put certain comments, when they come along, in the "no he didn't just say that" category. Laughing  I am constantly surprised that so many reviewers attempt to spread what's new without even exploring what's reality first. I mean who are they writing to Question  Not one audiophile ever has been content with the revolving door of audio components, ever (go look at their closets, audiogon and craigslist ads). Even the ones who argue the point, soon after their ego driven rant, we read about their new purchase. Is Jason no deeper than this? Now I got no beef with equipment collectors, it happens to be a hobby I'm a part of. But this is a different hobby than Tuning an Audio System. Tuning an audio system is a different hobby than plug & play. Tuning is about having a system that does what you want. Plug & play is about hearing the differences between fixed settings. A reviewer that treats a tunable system like a plug & play makes no sense at all. And to the Tunee, the red flags go up on that reviewer's experiences and actual successful listening credentials. Now I might catch some flack for that statement among those who can't tune a guitar, excuse me, stereo, but if that audio reviewer can't come in and ask to have the system tuned to their likely I have little use for that reviewer. I appreciate the pictures, but the comments Jason put in his Stereophile report only points to him being a very unaccomplished tuner.

We hope his plug & play listening and reviewing brings him satisfaction, strokes his ego or what ever else makes him happy, but a listener experienced in the variables of recording and playing music I suspect is in front of his system a few more hours a night.

as for me

I'm thrilled Harold, Andy, Saturn and Chupy had a chance to have fun and actually enjoy the hobby at their first show. As for me, as much as I would have enjoyed being there meeting people and staying up all night, every night, listening like I did at several dozens, maybe even a hundred, of these events my joy comes from that next level of listening and on to the ultimate level of a fully tunable system and room.

I'm sorry in some way that Jason had to be spanked. I'm as equally sorry his statements no doubt just cost him some credibility. But, I'm mostly sorry that he missed an opportunity to raise the bar in this great hobby of listening to music. Who knows maybe Stereophile will do what they usually do and take down my posts or throw whatever pi--y fit they need to to feel superior about themselves, but lets be point blank here, reviewers are just that, reviewers. Their job is only as important and their status only as great as their abilities to explore what they are talking about and report on it as accurately and honestly as they can.

An audio reviewer who walks into a tuning showroom without tuning Question Is that a reviewer Question To me it almost sounds like someone too afraid to be a gifted reviewer. Maybe talented, I don't know, but not gifted.

Ya know????? About show comments! Ax62
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Ya know????? About show comments!   Ya know????? About show comments! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 9:49 am

I guess this thread answers Sonic's question on what people thought of the AN, Audolici and Magnavox system.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Ya know????? About show comments!   Ya know????? About show comments! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 6:29 pm

It answers what 2 people published. here's more and we're still finding stuff

http://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/axpona-2017-audio-note-bricasti-transparent-audio-audolici-michael-green-audio-roomtune.1545/

Nice pictures from ASR. Thank you!

Ya know????? About show comments! Ax65

It will take a while to work through the orders, interviews and press plus comments from the insiders to give a realistic impression but I'm looking forward to seeing the whole picture.

On the order end I know Coop sold some Audolici A25-M's. From what I am told, the listeners walked in sat down for about 2 or 3 minutes, then went straight to Harold to place their order. That's fairly impressive in my book.

study

A couple of fair criticisms, or maybe constructive observations, was that they were way swamped.

Ya know????? About show comments! Ax66

From what I'm hearing we were one of, if not the most, populated rooms at the show (space per people). I know I had to make calls from here in Vegas asking them to get people out of the way so I could get some pictures to use, it was that crowded. I'll try to find some of the pictures where there were lines of folks that went outside the room in a chance to get at the listening space.

The second observation from my point of view was setup. I feel really bad for Harold cause he was way under staffed for this show and with there only being 8 or so hours of setup and us being in 6 rooms and the marketplace, there was just no way this room was going to be tweaked. They didn't even have time to put the lighting and wall displays in. I think they only got 1 or so hours of actual listening in before the doors opened and then never got a chance to do any tuning, the room filled up with people so quick. Still they got all kinds of positive comments and shocked folks on the topic of our setup vs others. I think a lot of people were in shock to be honest cause the other showrooms had your typical setup for show pics and our room was an attempt to show a listening method. Plus having display room for all the preamps and amplifiers, and even an area where people could be on the computer looking at the web pages and Tuneland. All this in a 14 x 17 room Rolling Eyes

Anybody who looked at this as anything but cool from a first time show going audio store/distributor/method introducer, should book their visit to TuneLand Vegas and then see what they think.

For myself, I'm tickled pink they had success and got some partying in to boot Wink Harold, Andy, Saturn and Chupy deserve an award for pulling this off.

Be sure to visit my facebook for more groove on the show https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1764861045
Back to top Go down
sails

sails

PostSubject: Re: Ya know????? About show comments!   Ya know????? About show comments! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:00 pm

I almost didn't make axpona then got lucky with a last minute flight. It was hard to get a seat in the room where the MGA and Audolici products were. Had to go back a third time before getting my chance to listen (crowded would be an understatement). Even though the sound was nothing like Michael's place you could tell where it was going. I didn't find the moving mob of eager listeners sticking their elbows in my ear to be helpful. Most of the other rooms by comparison looked better but didn't have the same feeling to them. The other rooms had the sense of walking into a well rehearsed play with the audience hushed. The Sound Consultant room had an excitement level that was leaning toward music friends instead of the sterile audiophilia nervousness I'm accustomed to seeing at high end audio shows. It was more of a celebratory mood in room 630. Should note that the MGA room had far more people packing in to it than the other rooms.

Making a comment on the sound would be hard for any listener but I was in on a conversation going on out in the hallway. It was a group of about five of us who took our turn in the listening chair. Everyone was in agreement that going from outside the roomtunes to inside the listening area was a big change in performance. One of the guys said it was like putting on headphones.
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Ya know????? About show comments!   Ya know????? About show comments! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 1:03 pm

MG: "On the order end I know Coop sold some Audolici A25-M's. From what I am told, the listeners walked in sat down for about 2 or 3 minutes, then went straight to Harold to place their order. That's fairly impressive in my book."

To Sonic, such a response says everything Exclamation

Considering the Audolici A25-Ms are expensive, this tells lots about how good the sound with the AudioNotes even in that non-optimal placement. Listeners were able to listen beyond the "show conditions".

Discount the reviewers -- nobody likes a poor, especially uniformed review) -- but they do not have as much influence as they pride themselves with today.

Congratulations to Coop and Drewster (with great Tuning gear from Michael) cheers

Coop - what were the demo disks played in the Magnavox?
Back to top Go down
hcooper99

hcooper99

PostSubject: Re: Ya know????? About show comments!   Ya know????? About show comments! Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Sonic.beaver wrote:

MG: "On the order end I know Coop sold some Audolici A25-M's. From what I am told, the listeners walked in sat down for about 2 or 3 minutes, then went straight to Harold to place their order. That's fairly impressive in my book."

To Sonic, such a response says everything  Exclamation

Considering the Audolici A25-Ms are expensive, this tells lots about how good the sound with the AudioNotes even in that non-optimal placement. Listeners were able to listen beyond the "show conditions".

Discount the reviewers -- nobody likes a poor, especially uniformed review) -- but they do not have as much influence as they pride themselves with today.    

Congratulations to Coop and Drewster (with great Tuning gear from Michael)  cheers

Coop - what were the demo disks played in the Magnavox?

Hi Sonic!

The discs alternately played were St. Germain - Tourist, Infected Mushroom - Army of Mushrooms, Nirvana - Unplugged in New York, Dire Straits - Love Over Gold, Katie Melua - Call off the Search, Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around (this one sold an A25M), Johnny Cash - Unchained, Yello - Baby, Tord Gustavsen Trio - Being There, Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth, James Taylor - Sweet Baby James, Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, Michael Gulezian - Instant Memories and Dreams. Keb Mo' - Slow Down, and Holly Cole Trio - Don't Smoke in Bed.  
A variety of old classics and new stuff!

Thanks!

Coop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ya know????? About show comments!   Ya know????? About show comments! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ya know????? About show comments!
Page 1 of 1