Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi from London / New Setup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
margatesands

Hi from London / New Setup Empty
PostSubject: Hi from London / New Setup   Hi from London / New Setup Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 9:48 am

Greetings everyone.

I'm a music producer in London, UK. I have been emailing with MG and thought I'd post here.

We have a small room available, around 11 ft each way.

I find the approach of 99% of acoustics to be deadening - the idea of filling the room with fibreglass and fabric absorbers - and want to try this approach.

The main issue in the room is that there is just no low end. No bass. Can't hear it.

I'm still at the early stages - MG just sketched out the following as a starting point.

It will cover each surface, to create uniformity.

Hopefully the project will be interesting, and will be posting here as it unfolds.

Hi from London / New Setup Thumbnail-mh-3
Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London / New Setup   Hi from London / New Setup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2021 8:19 am

Hi there first and foremost welcome to tuneland Hi from London / New Setup 1f600.
This is gonna be fun having you here what are your current list of equipments used and how have you placed them in your room? Maybe posting up a picture of your room that would help a lot.

Tj
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London / New Setup   Hi from London / New Setup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi margatesands

Welcome to TuneLand!

Some of the members here already use Tunable Rooms and maybe they will want to join in to give you some Tuning pointers.

As for me, I've been debating in my mind how much to share in public for DIYers. Typically this type of thing is done privately between client and designer but Covid has changed life so much that I've been asking myself if it's time to share more so people can have a chance to DIY their rooms using my design or part of it.

Greed too much of the time plays a part in life as we all need to eat but there comes a time when it's more important to share for the sake of handing designs over to the next generation. One thing that comes to mind is this is also an opportunity to put High End Audio myths to bed.

Lets see how this plays out in real time.
Back to top Go down
https://tuneland.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from London / New Setup   Hi from London / New Setup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from London / New Setup
Page 1 of 1