Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

everything sounds different

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mel@MGA

mel@MGA

everything sounds different Empty
PostSubject: everything sounds different   everything sounds different Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:03 am

Hi

I'm new to TuneLand but not new to music. Musics been in my family all our lives. Some of us play instruments and I grew up around bands, listening to them every weekend. You can say the music is playing all the time.

The other day Michael and I were talking while working and I was telling him one thing I don't like about stereos is that when setup incorrectly they can make all the music sound the same. This is not the way music was intented but no one ever shared this with me before and when talking I looked at Michael and said "I knew it", "that's something that has aways bugged me".

If recordings and songs are all made differently and sharing different messages why would we want them to sound the same? Doesn't make sense does it?

Now that I'm working on the wood myself learning how the voicing and tuning works this after all these years makes sense. We shouldn't have systems telling us what the music sounds like, we should have music breaking through as if the equipment wasn't even there.

The best sounding systems should be "not heard".

Looking forward to sharing more.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

everything sounds different Empty
PostSubject: Re: everything sounds different   everything sounds different Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am

Welcome to TuneLand Melissa Exclamation 
Back to top Go down
https://tuneland.forumotion.com

everything sounds different
Page 1 of 1