Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lattis system

Go down 
+4
Drewster
hcooper99
Sonic.beaver
MP
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
MP

Lattis system - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Hi Michael. Yes, now I have 4 different amplifiers that will be tested when Kharma leaves the room Very Happy I am looking forward to hear what I have missed over the years.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 4:19 pm

Update on the NAD from Mats

"I connected to the NAD amplifier today. The system needs to be on for a few days before I listen. Right now it doesn't sound particularly good, except the soundstage is bigger.

I removed the plastic feet, the bottom plate, the wire strips, loosened the screws and cleaned it, lots of dust."
Back to top Go down
Sonic Voyager

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 5:12 am

Greetings Mats and Michael

Reading this about the NAD amp and Michael's recent reply to my question on how people may hear the same system/same music
track and yet perceive the soundstage differently, Sonic is inspired to get back into some Tuning in my system.

A good place for me to (re)start may be to remove the top cover and the bottom cover (with the feet) of my Quicksilver preamp like Mats did with the NAD.

This could free blockage while not incurring too much risk of EMI and RFI intrusion. The tube preamp has a moderate bandwidth and there are no high gain sections. A phono stage has very high gain and can pick up grunge from the air and surrounding equipment, while the DAC and computers emit plenty of nasties in the KHz and MHz range so I am keeping these shielded in their Faraday cages for now.

Let's see what music Sonic hears from this.

Sonic

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Sonic Voyager wrote:

Greetings Mats and Michael

Reading this about the NAD amp and Michael's recent reply to my question on how people may hear the same system/same music
track and yet perceive the soundstage differently, Sonic is inspired to get back into some Tuning in my system.

A good place for me to (re)start may be to remove the top cover and the bottom cover (with the feet) of my Quicksilver preamp like Mats did with the NAD.

This could free blockage while not incurring too much risk of EMI and RFI intrusion. The tube preamp has a moderate bandwidth and there are no high gain sections.  A phono stage has very high gain and can pick up grunge from the air and surrounding equipment, while the DAC and computers emit plenty of nasties in the KHz and MHz range so I am keeping these shielded in their Faraday cages for now.

Let's see what music Sonic hears from this.

Sonic

Hi Sonic

Removing the chassis works more positively than negatively after what I've heard.

After 24 hours settle, Nad 302 begins to sound very good. It is easy to hear that I use fewer components in the system now.

I want to remove the led light and maybe remove the faceplate. Not sure how much faceplate on this amplifier affects the sound since it's made of plastic.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 3:21 pm

Big changes happening with Mats' system. I'll share pictures and quotes, as well I'm sure Mats will be joining in.

Lattis system - Page 5 0d497a_634b242375fd40738fbbd4eebcb54f37~mv2
a facebook post featuring Mats' Rev 6 Signatures.
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 4:35 am

Then the Rev 6 Signature received. I have been playing music for a few days now and all of the music I have played both known and unknown music is really fun to listen to! Everything sounds so engaging and musical !

Rev 6 Signature
Lattis system - Page 5 20201011

Pioneer SA-5300 and Magnavox MDV-2300 with Rev 6 speakers
Lattis system - Page 5 20201010

Pioneer SA-5300 inside
Lattis system - Page 5 20201012

Listening to free resonant speakers is a completely different experience than listening to ordinary audiophile speakers!

More goodies are expected, so stay tuned ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 1:54 pm

Mats and I have been talking on Facebook and I've asked his permission to quote him on TuneLand.

Here's a comment about system settling.

"My system has been playing music all night something I could not do before due to no remote control. It has really increased the sound quality considerably. Best free upgrade I know of!
If I do this for a few more days, maybe it's even better. Exciting."
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2021 11:50 am

Hi
I'll get my own listening room soon!
I'm going to use the main bedroom for a listening room. I'm painting the walls what will be the new bedroom now. When I get the bed out of the room that will be the listening room, I will take pictures. This is going to be fun!

Michael Green likes this post

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 3:33 pm

YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

This is exciting!
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 9:12 am

Lattis system - Page 5 20210312
Lattis system - Page 5 20210313

Hi!
Then I got a room that can be used for music!
I will take away the large closet that you see, but it will not happen until May. The red box you see I will deliver to my parents. I will also take away the pictures that you see. I deliver the Kharma speakers to someone I know during next week who will test them out, maybe he will buy them. The room is 12 sqm, so it is not that big. I think I will get good sound with good help from Michael and the rest of you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 9:08 am

Hi Mats

I love smaller rooms! They're so much fun building up the pressure.
Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 5:56 am

Hi Mats,

Congrats on your dedicated room!! Its gonna be pretty wild once you have a dedicated room and you can tune as much as you can without any distractions Smile
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 2:09 pm

tjbhuler wrote:
Hi Mats,

Congrats on your dedicated room!! Its gonna be pretty wild once you have a dedicated room and you can tune as much as you can without any distractions Smile

Hi Tj. Thank you. Yes it's great to get my own listening room. When things fall into place and get the acoustics in order, I am convinced that I will enjoy lots of music in this room for many years to come.
I hope you're all right and you get the sound you want in your home.

Michael Green and tjbhuler like this post

Back to top Go down
tjbhuler

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 9:55 pm

All is good on my side been meaning to post up on my progress but got caught up with work. Well hopefully soon i will be back to my reggular posting. Keep us updated on your system there Smile
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 2:27 pm

Hello. I have bought a streamer! :-O
There is a possibility of purchasing an external power supply to it. Then I'll have to remove the one that's internal. The question, - what do you think I should do, keep it as it is or buy external power supply?
The original power supply is a small switch mode power supply.

The power external power supply name is SBOOSTER BOTW P&P ECO MKII

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lattis system
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5