Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lattis system

Go down 
+4
Drewster
hcooper99
Sonic.beaver
MP
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Lattis system - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 5:54 am

Hi Mats

When you get it, take me a picture of the inside.

study
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 am

Michael Green wrote:
Hi Mats

When you get it, take me a picture of the inside.

study

Hi Michael

Yes. Smile
I received it to day
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 12:56 am

And here it is

Lattis system - Page 3 M1908

Lattis system - Page 3 M1905

Lattis system - Page 3 M1906
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 am

Hello Mats

How does the system with the new amp sound? What are your first impressions?

Sonic

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Sonic.beaver wrote:

Hello Mats

How does the system with the new amp sound?  What are your first impressions?

Sonic

Hi Sonic
My first impressions is that it have a large soundstage, almost the same as Edge amp have. Possible with good tuning it could be better than Edge amp.
Its have good bass, even at high volume.
I think Sherwood need more hours before I can say so much more. I notice that the sound changes frequently, some hours its sound ok, later it sounds very good.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 2:22 am

Hi Mats

What's the latest reporting?

study
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 12:35 pm

Michael Green wrote:
Hi Mats

What's the latest reporting?

study

Hi Michael

I love the sound of the Sherwood amp! I listen to music much more know then before.

I don't know what I will do with the dCS cd-player and Edge amp end Edge preamp. I like the sound of dCS and Edge amp to. I don't have enough space to have 2 systems.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi Mats

I'm glad to hear your response Very Happy . This is the same as many have found. I'm sure the other products are good, but with the Sherwood you get more sound and more flexibility.

It's a big step when we realize there's another chapter to this hobby, and it almost seems like going backward to move forward. But your experienced story line now will help others find the same freedom, and one day the hobby will be more balanced.

just think

If the Audiophile world becomes better yet affordable everything changes. Step by step and one by one we are creating what High End Audio should have been all along. It's an exciting time in audiophile listening Exclamation

I'm proud of you Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi
To night I listen to Nils Petter Molvær - Recoloured The Remix Album.
All of the albums from Nils Petter Molvær is never boring to listen to, I can recommend this music every day! Smile
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi Mats

Checking in to see how things are settling in for you.

study
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 6:39 am

Michael Green wrote:
Hi Mats

Checking in to see how things are settling in for you.

study

Hi Michael
I have bougth a Pro-ject Carbon dc turntable. Smile I can send some pictures.

I've removed more damping materials from the speakers that have changed the sound pretty much.
I have tested different types of damping materials behinde the drivers, I do not like any of them, the sound is dull with this felt materials. Do you have suggestions for what I can try? Where in the speakers is it usually best to use felt damping materials?

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi Mats

Here's what I use

Lattis system - Page 3 M1981

It's a poly (polyethylene) based foam (stiff) with ununiform pores.

I start in the rear corners with triangular pieces (kind of like a full length CornerTune), top to bottom. Every speaker type is going to be different.

Lattis system - Page 3 M1982
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Thank you! Very Happy Absolutely something I want to try. Cool

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 6:59 am

Hi Michael
I have now ordered polyethylene. Very expensive! :-O
I am very excited about how the speakers will become when polyethylene is installed in the speakers!

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi Mats

Be sure to take me pictures of the Poly so a can see how the pores are.

thanks!
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi
I installed yesterday the polyethylene foam in the speakers as recommended from Michael.  
The speakers changed significantly! The sound became much more full-bodied and open, the bass follows the music much better, it's little hard to describe how, but sounds like i've missed some of the bass before which is very well present now.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 9:35 am

Hi Mats

I'm glad the voicing is working out for you! It's pretty amazing when one starts matching the pressure inside of the speakers to the pressure of the room. And the materials used to do the inside of the speaker's sonics is an art.

study Smile
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 9:05 am

Hi
Merry Christmas Smile

I have sold the dCS P8i cd-player and the Walker Audio power conditioner.
To day I use a Project Debute dc turntable, passive preamplifier and a very simple Sound Smith phonoamp without chassis and Picasso interconnects, I need only one more Picasso than it is complite

Before I used the Sherwood RX 4109 amp with kharma speakers. Sherwood is a very good amp but it was something missing with the Kharma speakers, not enough power?? I use this amp with some Klipsch speakers that I use with a TV, sounds very good, better then with the Kharma speakers
So I want a new amplifier that will work good with the kharma speakers, I use Edge amplifier until I have found another amplifier.
I want to try a First Watt amplifier that looks very simple and easy to tune. What do you think? Anything else you can recommend more?
Outlaw amp I want to try as well but its very difficult to get this amp here in Norway.
Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi
i took a chance to day and bougth a Creek Evolution 100P amplifier.
It is not heavey and looks neat simple inside I thought.
I can send some puctures when I get it.
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2018 10:03 am

Hi Mats

I've tuned the EV50, wasn't crazy about it. Let me know what you think about the 100. And pics please when you get a chance.

And, keep an eye on Tj's thread as he gets the Rev6 and the Rev6 Combo. I'd bet the Rev6 Combo for you would be amazing Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 5:21 am

Here are some important picture updates from Lattis.

Lattis system - Page 3 Mats12b

Lattis system - Page 3 Mats13b

Lattis system - Page 3 Mats14b

Lattis system - Page 3 Mats15b

Lattis system - Page 3 Mats16b
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 5:39 am

Lattis system - Page 3 Mats17b

Mats wrote

"I have the last days removed rubber under the toroidal transformer, loosen the screws, removed led-light, removed wires from the chassis etc. It is like a new amplifier after I did this! Wow! Smile

I want to remove the heavy faceplate. That is the easy part, but I wonder what do to with the power switch. I thinking about electric shock for my own safty. What have you done and recommend?"

MG

I leave the switch lay there. I also keep rubber gloves handy when turning things on and off. However I believe the 100 remote has an on/off button.
Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 3:07 pm

Michael Green wrote:
Lattis system - Page 3 Mats17b

Mats wrote

"I have the last days removed rubber under the toroidal transformer, loosen the screws, removed led-light, removed wires from the chassis etc. It is like a new amplifier after I did this! Wow! Smile

I want to remove the heavy faceplate. That is the easy part, but I wonder what do to with the power switch. I thinking about electric shock for my own safty. What have you done and recommend?"

MG

I leave the switch lay there. I also keep rubber gloves handy when turning things on and off. However I believe the 100 remote has an on/off button.

Thank you Michael
No the 100 has not a remote. It only has on/off switch on the amplifier.
I need to buy rubber gloves. Smile

Back to top Go down
MP

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 1:32 pm

I have removed unnecessary speaker wires inside the amplifier that goes to some speaker binding posts that I will never use.The advantage is that there is fewer wires inside the amplifier and that there are 4 holes in the chassis that I use for bypass the speaker binding posts that is left, use the speaker terminals as a clamp. I have also removed the heavy face plate. Smile
I travel to Thailand wednesday so I have to come back how it sounds when I get home. Smile
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2019 4:11 am

Very exciting Exclamation

Looking forward to the next report. And pictures!

study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lattis system   Lattis system - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lattis system
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next