Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MH's System

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

MH's System Empty
PostSubject: MH's System   MH's System Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:45 am

TuneLand welcomes MH

Here's the layout of the land.

MH's System Mh1

MH's System Mh2

MH's System Mh3

MH's System Mh4

MH's System Mh5

MH's System Mh6

MH writes,

"Hi Michael:

Hopefully this will help.

I have my home theater setup in my apartments 12 x 18 foot living room. The system is on a short wall firing down the 18 foot length. The front wall is bare except for a free standing metal fireplace which I’ll wrap with a king size comforter; while there is a 4 foot high by 9 foot wide bookcase on the rear wall. I’ve randomly arranged the books to try and get some diffusion. On the right side of the room there's an 7 ft opening and on the left there's an glass sliding door. I have some heavy light blocking drapes on order but I’m wondering if there are any Room Tune products that you think might help? I’ve only got 2 real corners because of the rooms shape so I’m not sure. I’m attaching some pictures to help better describe things."
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

MH's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH's System   MH's System Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:53 am

Hi MH (Mike)

Before putting up any more dampening lets control the energy that you have. Better to use an acoustical control system than a dampening approach so we don't loose music information.

Looking at this with all of it's objects my first thought would be let's go RT Squares. Count all your corners, mid-seams and main corners even in the dining area and tune them. Once done your main loading areas will be very controlled. At that point you could decide if you want to get even more tweakie.

I took this from my product page for you to look at.

When we listen to sound in our rooms we are listening to air pressure. Sound waves are not traveling in a straight line to our ears. There are 2 main parts to what the sound pressure (build up) is doing. One, pressure zones, the other, laminar flow. Once these 2 are under control by putting up the Squares the music will come to life.

MH's System RTtt62

here's the rest of the RT Square product page

I would recommend going with all Squares in your room the way it is. Don't really see a need for the XLT's. The Squares will have enough burn, however the XLT's are no extra charge so if you feel you might need more burn, go for it.

Back to top Go down
Robert Harrison

MH's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH's System   MH's System Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:34 am

Hey, MH,

Welcome to The Land of the Tune. I, personally, am always glad to see someone besides myself who has a "media room" as opposed to a dedicated "listening room." It's usually the latter 'round here. It can be more of challenge to tune the former, but check out the old TuneLand Archives and you will find some happy HT people. As for myself, I forsook multiple speakers when I realized that, especially if one takes a one chair/sweet spot approach, sound quality can be surprisingly good with just one pair of matching main speakers. It's part of that simplicity thing that Mr. Green stresses.

Robert

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

MH's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH's System   MH's System Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi MH

Wanted to give you a basic guideline for counting tunes.

MH's System Mh7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MH's System Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH's System   MH's System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH's System
Page 1 of 1