Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hiend001's System

Go down 
+5
garp
tmsorosk
Obb
Toledo
Sonic.beaver
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Hiend001's System - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Congrats Exclamation

Oh man do I ever wish I were there. That looks like a ton of fun. I'd love to sink my ears into that setup Exclamation  

might never come up for air

wow-zy big time Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:06 am

Hi Sonic,

You could see that the down rod wood is touching on the aluminium bar embedded on the plastic axis across the housing, not on the bearing. Therefore the whole canopy is stable and no vibration sound from the transport Cool

This is why Michael said the best sounding CD player he had ever tested at this crazy cheap price. You should get it, Highly Recommended  I love you  

Hiend001's System - Page 8 Cd_bar10
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 10:11 am

Greetings Hiend001

Sonic thinks I get the idea of the Magnavox. I think I should use that as my CD front end. Of course, Sonic will lose my SACD playing capability. Choices to make I suppose. The toroidal transformer in the white casing that sits behind the Sherwood is the converter that steps our 230 VAC down to the 120 VAC for the Magnavox?

So far, what is the most noticeable change you hear with the platforms at this time, with Sonic understanding that it will be months before they fully settle and give you the best musick?

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 9:00 am

Hi Sonic,

Yes it is a step down transformer.

The upper end was highly detailed like cymbal splashing and triangles were soo crispy  Shocked
The bottom end was deem real like the kick drum sounds soo real but prefer more punchy and decay was a bit short compare to my previous Rack System setup  Sad
Mid range harmonics note not enough weight.......
Soundstage a bit forwardness to my taste, no juicy and air. The halo a bit soft......

Anyway my Platforms System is only 5 weeks old. Hope after settling the soundstage will become richer, airy, spacious and juicy with hidden harmonics  drunken
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 10:24 am

Greetings Hiend001

Sonic is sure you won't be disappointed.

At some point you might have to test if you still need the aluminum foil and kraft paper on your FS-DRTs and Tune Strips. Just like I will have some testing to do after I get my T3 speaker cables.

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Great pic of the "maggie".

Have you played around any yet, of puting a sliver between the frame of any of the platforms and the top boards?

Puting different flavors between the LTR Frame and the Music Ply Top Boards are fairly major tweaks. It may be too soon, but there are a ton of flavors to explore.

Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 1:28 am

Hi Michael,

If I to put washer or magic wood between the LTR Frame and the Music Ply Top Boards, which surface area yea the best sound (in between 2 screws? How many to place or any pattern formation?)
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 12:32 am

Hi Hiend001

Usually I will start with something like this.

Hiend001's System - Page 8 M964

And then I will see how many screws I can go without. I like the sound of less parts than more, but may be different for you, let's just start walking through it and see what you think.

There are so many flavors here that it's kinda hard to tell where you might end up. Once you get the hang of one of them the rest are a piece a cake.
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 10:49 am

Hi Michael,

Use 1/2 inch thick magic wood block  Question
Start with which platform first  Question   Speaker, CD, Subwoofer or large platform Question
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi Hiend001

I would say 1/4" if you have it, for starters, and wow to start with? Boy, I mean they all do their own thing, so maybe the source or speakers first.

At Bill333's house I did the amp first and "explosion" affraid . It was the tube amp upstairs and it transformed everything. I mention his place because he had the same platform, only with Pine Frame. And come to think of it, I used the washers first. But doesn't matter you will be on a new path as soon as you make your first change.

At Drewster's place we did space cones and wood first.

My place? Who knows what I started with, cause I was doing this back in the early 2000's in nashville.

but first thing is experience the changes

and then it's play time Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 12:02 am

Hi Michael,

Since I have the tools, coating and material should I sand and coat the Magic Wood blocks 4 times first before insert it between frames and top boards Question
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 2:08 am

If you want to dry out the wood good first, then maybe a light sand and coat, then bake it a little, that might be fun to try. I would go slow and not 4 coats too close together.

I do each wood type differently so try not to over do. Might want to listen to it not coated first come to think of it.
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:48 am

Greetings Michael and Hiend001

4 coats using what?

Hiend001, you are so far ahead in the Tune!

I am talking to Michael and Harold to change my T2 split speaker cables to T3 Standard like you use.

Sonic

Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 1:49 pm

Like a Star @ heaven bounce   Like a Star @ heaven   affraid   Like a Star @ heaven   bounce   Like a Star @ heaven   affraid   Like a Star @ heaven   Shocked   Like a Star @ heaven   cheers

Michael, my system has transformed from Ferrari 458 with engine power of 562hp to Bugatti Veyron with engine power of 1,000hp  affraid
WOW! WOW! WOW! What a sound   Shocked  Like a Star @ heaven cheers

Never hear bass sounds like this rich....... could hear the cello nearing the bottom of its register, pops a few notes that ripple the air with such girth and extension, it's easy to imagine sitting with the audience  What a Face

Yes.... the impact of the drum beat was explosive and weighty with full thunderous roar.... Shocked

Started with Speakers and Woofer platforms - the sound volume increased with soundstage deeper, wider and fuller  cheers

Then large equipment platform - the imaging of the vocal was solid  cheers

At last my platform system is dynamic and juicy  cheers

Michael, beside magic wood what others wood flavours good to try  Question  
From your experience wood flavours mixture per platform which one would result the best sound and what is the pattern  Question
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Very Happy

let me take a look at your system again and see

What wood do you have? And what wood can you get?

Do you want to find the wood, or do you want me to make a wood kit?

fun stuff! Tell the world!
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:03 am

Hi Michael,

I have Western Red Cedar Wood blocks and Redwood blocks.

Make a wood kit for me Smile

Found out that once I inserted MW blocks between top boards and the frames on CD platform, the sound became dull. So the CD platform currently without any insert inbetween. Why is it so Question
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 4:27 am

Magic Wood can do wonderful things but it also can absorb the signal quickly.

This is why I do my Magic Wood at different levels of finish.

The weight of the top board probably forced too much energy into the Magic Wood.
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi Guys,

sunny  SUDDENLY A BREEZY SUNNY DAY SHINING INTO MY MUSIC ROOM FEELING SO RELAX WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC  sunny

The halo depth.... drunken  The Great Harmonics Balance.... drunken  The note has more weight.... drunken  The height of the soundstage becomes higher.... drunken  And the pair of Speakers disappear....  Shocked  What a Face  affraid

It happened because of just re-positioned the front LTR Block to diagonally under my Speakers  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Shocked  FIRST CLASS MUSIC REPRODUCTION SYSTEM I HAVE EVER HEAR  Shocked

Those who has platform must try it  Cool

Hiend001's System - Page 8 Img_1810
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 11:33 am

Hi Michael,

Thru your years on playing platforms, can provide some fast rules or shortcut tuning tactics on certain woods or silver inserting between frames and top boards to achieve known tones Wink

I play around the combination trying to get hidden harmonics but it makes myself even more confuse as I could not get the definite answer to the specific sounds that I want to achieve Rolling Eyes scratch

I discover that adding zinc washer will increase bass. But to increase harmonics or halo or depth or even cymbal raining effects, what and how should I do it Crying or Very sad

I have played around with Butter Nut silver, MW block/silver,  Western Red Cedar Wood block/silver, Redwood block/silver, aluminium foil and zinc washer.

Embarassed  Question
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 12:48 am

Wow! Tall order Laughing

Well to start I'm glad to see you are finding moments of great success. Your opening up specific doors that go beyond the hobby's boundaries. What I recommend is spending time going very slow with one recording and re-visit all your adjustable tunes, acoustic as well as mechanical. This is going to take a while and your going to have success as well as set backs, but it's the key to becoming master.

When I tune and run into what seems to be a dead end, for example not being able to get wood transfer to work to my liking, I will shift gears and go after the acoustics or the electrical and find that it wasn't the wood necessarily but the whole system synergy.

What you did with the speakers blocks is brilliant Exclamation and there are tons of these settings all over your place to get to know.

I'm interested in knowing how your cables are doing. For the heck of it, could you setup some of your cables so they are not touching the platforms and let me know what you hear?

Go to Drewster's Thread page 1 https://tuneland.forumotion.com/t90-drewster-s-room and look at how he raised the cables. Also take a look at Bill333's and see that the cables were hung, or made to not hit the platform.
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 11:21 am

Hi Michael,

Cable management is not as easy as I thought. I need to build multi-layer super highway across the numerous obstacle paths Laughing

Ya the halo definitely improves affraid

Need to think hard how to re-locate the equipments layout so that the cables will not cross each other path drunken

Second phase of cable management is in progress ...........  Idea  Wink
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Michael,

Yes .....  your tip was right on.  Cable management is one of the very key component  Wink

By luck I re-located the cardboard tube to the center of my front wall and........ BOOM Exclamation  BOOM Exclamation   What a Face

The solid detailed punchy bass was out of this world.....  Shocked affraid

The thick fat float harmonics soundstage filled up every inch of my music room..... Shocked  affraid  You could feel the dynamic music beating EFFORTLESSLY....

WAH Exclamation  At last I get back my floating soundstage  cheers

I'm not going to experiment further on the different woods insertion under platforms .... tongue . scare of losing my floating soundstage  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Enjoying now on "KITARO BEST" album Shocked What a Face affraid

Hiend001's System - Page 8 Img_1811
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 1:21 pm

YES Exclamation YES Exclamation YES Exclamation

Listeners of High End Audio read the post above and take note Exclamation

Cool
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:47 am

Hi Guys,

I never like classical music because it makes me sleepy after 2nd track BUT with my current Platform Tunable System, is an eye opener and unbelievable experiences  Shocked  affraid

Air on the G String - The violin was smooth as silk and plucking string of the double bass was rich and clear.....so peaceful piece of music  Cool

Violin Concerto in A Minor BWV 1041 - I love listening to the body of the cello/ double bass where you could hear the rich sound of the air vibrate and amplify thru the body..... Such lively, intelligent and exciting music to kickstart of the day  bounce

Lascia ch'io pianga - The ambience of the female voice filled up the whole room like an omni theatre...... Beautiful  What a Face

Lord Aboyne's Welcome - The music was so Scottish.....  jocolor

Next change Also Sprach Zarathustra and of course the 1812 Overture ...... the timpani and the cannon were so explosive and shattering stuff  pirat  affraid   What a Face

What next Question    Too many CDs on my hand don't know what to play next  Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed

OK next change will be all contemporary jazz  CDs by Fourplay for the next few weeks flower sunny
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:46 am

Hiend001 is cookin Exclamation I love it Very Happy

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiend001's System
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next