Michael Green Audio Forum

https://tuneland.forumotion.com

Our Website  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hiend001's System

Go down 
+5
garp
tmsorosk
Obb
Toledo
Sonic.beaver
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

Hiend001's System - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi Hiend

This is simply beautiful  Exclamation 

Give me a couple of choices of recordings that are going into the speakers and let me see if I have them or can go get them and listen to what you are.

you are kicking butt  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 9:33 am

There you go Hiend001! Congratulations. Sonic is always learning from your lead.

Sonic will try some aluminium foil soon. What's that brown paper covered rectangle with the small aluminum foil piece just above your two FS-PZCs? Is it an EchoTune covered with brown kraft paper? What was its effect when you put it up?

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 7:34 am

Hi Michael,

The CDs are:
The Cars Greatest Hits
The Best of Earl Klugh

Hi Sonic,
Scots tape Brown kraft paper direct to the wall. Can feel the singer standing there.
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 8:18 am

Thanks Hiend001

Sonic is planning to cover the reflective sides of a couple of my EchoTunes seeing how this worked for you.

Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:38 am

Hi Hiend001

Got "the cars greatest hits" nice and burned. It is going past the left and right easily and flowing up to and a little past my chair behind me.

Wanted to check on your stage. Is there any particular part you want me to look at?

It's been a lot of fun to listen to  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi Michael,

My best friend's girl track #8:
1. opening track solo guitar behind right speaker loud and clear.
2. follow by clapping coming from left wall just beside speaker.
3. follow by soft tone guitar coming out from left speaker.

For point 3 - did this happened to your system?

Found out this album had 2 different types of recording soundstage:
- soundstage ambience more towards to behind speaker's zone line.
- soundstage ambience shifted nearer to me and surrounding behind me. Like what you had mentioned "going past left and right and little past behind my chair".
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 4:32 am

Hi Hiend

Man I'm so happy you caught me before I changed out the music. I'm heading to the store quick then I'll be back for a listen.

Smile 

oh man do I love referencing  study I always learn something
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 8:05 am

Sometimes I like to do my house work during the night, sounds stupid I know but doing house work in day light then walking out into 110 temp to throw things away can get tiring, so a lot of Vegasites I've noticed do their shopping and house hold stuff in the cool of the night during the desert heat season. A 24/7 city allows for this.

What I was doing tonight was changing out the blinds in the writing room. I had floor to ceiling vertical blinds in here but I have noticed that sometimes they act like sound shutters and I had to mess with them while writing. A hassle, so tonight I installed horizontal blinds that only go down to the window ledge giving me wall space to tune and leave instead of constant playing. MG likes the change both feel and sound.

Now on to track #8. This is not my favorite track on the CD. I love the song but I feel that some of the others have a more fun stage, and with some of the other tracks the drums are really something and on this song with the system set the way it is the drums are a little on the sloppy side, meaning I maybe would have miked some of the toms a little different. But that might also be a tuning thing on my part.

1) I get the opening guitar behind the right speaker about 6' back and yes it is very clear with a ton of attack, gritty and great girth on the top E string having me look for a bass guitar. The guitar itself almost sounds like 3 different mikes were put on the amp. One covering the incredible top string playing (I'm I sure there is not a bass in there mimicking the lead?), second covering the main strings structures, and the third picking up harmonics of the G & B and the ghost of them rolls to the far right of my room and even out to the right.

2) The clapping in my setup is exactly beside my left ear maybe 6' feet away from me. It's again big and covers a full range from low tone to snappy. Let me also point out that while the clapping and right guitar are doing their thing the vocal comes in and you can hear Ric whistle his S and snap his T's. I've always loved his voice, it's so punky.

3) Hiend I think your talking about the guitar that comes in when the rest of the band takes off right? The drums (kinda sloppy) and the guitar to the left? On my current tune, it is amost in the same place to the left as the right guitar placement. The song takes off in so many ways I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing but I don't hear anything coming directly out of either speaker.

Yes, these songs range from dancing up front with some side to side then the next song will come on and it's all around you.
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:11 am

Hi Michael,

I chose this track because I want to see whether the soft tone guitar appeared on your left speaker. I guess needs more work on my room acoustics. This album I would say about 70% of the songs did not hear anything coming out of either speaker.

The clapping part is not exactly on my left ear as what you have. It was on my left wall about 1 feet away beside the speaker. As my speaker is only about 8 inches away from side wall. Do you think it is possible in my small little room to increase the clapping further away more than 1 feet beside my ear? What do you suggest to improve it?
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Hiend

My room's a lot smaller than yours is so I'm sure you can move the image, but let me say. With this being a greatest hits you might find that you don't want to worry too much about that song cause it may mess up the others. Let me go look at some pics.  study 
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 10:32 am

I have a feeling your pretty close, but maybe somewhere in here something will trigger the wide angle.

Hiend001's System - Page 6 M424

Also have you leaned the two side tunes against the walls on angles? Maybe, kraft paper and a lean. Be careful not to get too much of the foil in there or things will jump up in pitch. Note: one of the reasons I have the barrier covered with the RT fabric, but it's a close call, and I like what the paper is doing to offset the sound of the walls.
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 10:48 am

Hi Michael,

What does the left side of the curve arrow and straight arrow on the tunable wall mean?
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 10:57 am

The straight arrow is moving the RoomTune Deluxe from where it is slowlly on an angle from where it is to right beside you, keeping an angle on the barrier so it is acting as a reflector almost between your ears and the speaker. Kinda like what they show when their doing the first reflection thing, only what you are doing is keeping your space live while burning more or less of that Pressure Zone.

The curved one is slightly putting an angle on the wall.

Like I said though I don't think a big move is needed to fire those images out.
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 11:07 am

Hi Michael,

OK will do it slowly and report to you in 24 hours later Cool 
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 11:19 am

There are applicable ideas too for Sonic here in what Michael suggested!
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:25 am

Hi Guys,

I messed up the whole tuning. I Lost the harmonics, lost the halos & depth. I had made too many changes until I confused myself pale  Sleep 

I should not use The Cars Greatest Hits album to do the tuning.....
The songs in this album consists of several different recording methods throughout the years compile into single greatest hits album.

I was too enthusiasm and big headed trying to tune all the songs disappear from coming out of the speaker  Rolling Eyes 

Will try to re-trace the steps coming this few days  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 2:59 pm

welcome to my world  Surprised 

It's something to get so close, closer than maybe anyone else has ever been sometimes, and then you put on the next recording and realize how amazingly different the vibratory code is for that recording than the last, or the next.

But think of it this way. Can you imagine having a system that only plays one sound all the time? That thought for me is a nightmare. Using a system's one sound to judge the world instead of being able to unlock every recordings treasure.

This weekend I did the same thing when I wanted to go after "Moontan" and "Agents of Fortune". I sat there when I got to BOC and thought "do I want to do this or play James Taylor "Sweet Baby James". I decided to go with James, but made a note to come back and tune up Blue Oyster Cult when I'm in the mood to explore.

Have fun on your way back  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi Guys,

I have made a break thru to another level of tuning  Very Happy  The RT Deluxe on the side wall supported by two LTR in front and one AAB1X1 at the back with slight tilted angle and height. Tune wall slightly angled. Actually the major tuning improvements were the LTR Blocks under the Receiver, Subwoofer and Speakers.

Michael, I discovered that the lightest weight LTR Block and the direction of the grain placement under the equipment has the greatest effects of all (the equipment body rested on the LTR Block cut across forward grain direction)  cheers 

The stage exploded immediately after hit the played button  Shocked  The four albums have the same signature. There were many small little detail effects which I have never hear before. Some of the effect going past left and right and flowing past behind my head. I was stunned for awhile as the first note came out was a huge halos filled up the entire room. It completely made my speaker disappeared  affraid  The thick halos last longer, the drum attack, the harmonics were in waves, the dynamic spacious stage, the ending notes were unbelievable clear and real and weird like able to hear inside of the effect floating  What a Face 

The four albums were:
Roger Waters - Amused To Death
Charly Antolini - Knock Out 2000
Hiroshima - Departure
Kitaro Best

LTR wood grain direction placement under the equipment
Hiend001's System - Page 6 Ltwood10

Back Wall
Hiend001's System - Page 6 Backwa10
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:03 pm

This is a work of art  Exclamation 

Thanks for sharing the direction adjustments this will be a great help for people and confirmation for my findings as well. Smile 

Cool 
Back to top Go down
Sonic.beaver

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 am

Greetings Hiend001 and Michael

Very thought provoking your discovery that LTR wood grain direction affects the performance of the system. Sonic respects Heind001's Tuning to doubt what he hears especially that Michael has discovered the same thing.

My question: why does having the grain of the LTR perpendicular to the width of the equipment make any difference to the sound? What is the underlying science to this?

If there is any difference in sound from the grain orientation it means something is directional -- is it the vibrations going up and down the rods or the equipment be directional? How can this be?

Sonic also noticed from the pictures of Hiend001's set up that the LTR block at the rear side of the RH loudspeaker is having its grain run in a different direction (across the width of the room) compared to the LTR block at the front of the speaker which is set with its grain running front to back down the length of the room just like all the other blocks in the picture.

Michael and Hiend001 -- what's the theory behind this?

Sonic
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:46 am

Hi Guys,

Great recording from TOTO  cheers  DEEP and SPACIOUS soundstage with great impact DRUM BEATS  Basketball

Oh man...... I love my system every minute of it  I love you  Exclamation

Hiend001's System - Page 6 Toto10
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi Michael,

My system is getting better and better everyday cheers Especially the harmonics moving from front stage to the side wall then faded out behind my ear Shocked Sometime I was wondering whether the album recording is deem fantastically done by the recording engineer or is it because of my system has perfectly tuned Laughing  lol!  

This are the albums I'm really enjoying playing repeat mode again and again....... drunken
- TOTO: Past to Present 1977 - 1990
- Peter Cetera: One Clear Voice
- Foreigner: I Want to Know What Love Is & The Best of Ballads
- Billy Joel: The Ultimate Collection

Talking about Billy Joel, the drumming tone is much different from the rest of '80s artist. Could feel every drum beat pressure very near to my face (in front of me slightly offset to the left from center when played "My Life").

I begin to understand what you mean when you mentioned "having the float with this recording so much front to back movement." I have experienced these effect with the above 4 albums. The effects flow like ping pong panning left and right in waves across the stage and sometimes flow from front to side wall and ended far side behind me.

I believe my system sudden explosion soundstage partly got to do with the LTR blocks grain direction placement and also probably the blocks have finally settle down for the past 4 months.

I also discovered that every 2 to 3 weeks barely lifts up the LTR blocks also helps open up the soundstage. To prevent sticking onto the surface especially over here in Singapore with high humidity.

I'm so excited and eager to play all my hundreds of CDs collection all over again to find out more special effects hidden within the songs............................ Shocked What a Face affraid cheers
Back to top Go down
Michael Green
Admin
Michael Green

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:11 pm

This is listening at it's finest Exclamation

It is almost impossible to describe the float but when it happens you know exactly what "float" means.

The hobby enters a completely different chapter at that point and as in some ways listening is great on the regular scale, it's not the same as falling into a world where you become one with that recording. It's like living in a house with many rooms and you are able to float into and out of all of them without using your legs. Everything is done completely without effort.

When listening to and in the float harmonics are realized and understood, there is no looking at, but more being a part of. There's no floor below you or ceiling above, no walls, but more this thick presence (without being crowded) of everything that went on within the space of the recording.

I share in your pleasure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hiend001

Hiend001

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi Guys,

Finally my Platforms have arrived after gone thru hot dessert to winter storm and finally landed in tropical humid environment in Singapore  sunny

Probably have to take two weeks to disassemble my current system setup and  then assemble it on my new platforms.
You know guys I'm very reluctant to change over as I'm currently enjoying my music with this setup very much   I love you

Keep watching this post......
Back to top Go down
garp

PostSubject: Platforms   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 1:07 pm

The new platforms were a big positive surprise in my system. After settling, I am really impressed with the detailed bass, expanded soundstage, and harmonic rightness. Like you, I returned to an active MGD sub with my fleawatt system running the sub off the preamp.

Listening to the Hell Freezes Over album this morning because work is closed for bad weather, I experienced the best overall sound ever. The platforms are providing detail that I have not heard before in this album. The listening is right in the middle of the crowd with cheers surrounding me as each song is completed. I have never experienced Hotel California performed as well. Wow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiend001's System   Hiend001's System - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hiend001's System
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next